Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Subscriptions

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Subscriptions

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I believe these recommendations combined would positively make a huge impact for every streamer and supporter.

Change the payout split between streamers and Twitch. Right now affiliates and most partners only get a 50% split from a Twitch subscriptions ($2.50 USD). I would like to see all streamers get a minimum 70% revenue split from subscriptions with a higher revenue split for all partners 80%. Currently both Facebook and YouTube streamers get a 70% split from subscriptions (and they have the option to create custom subscriber tiers with Youtube).

In addition, I would like to see Twitch lower its payout…

1,329 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

60 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Currently, Canadians pay $6.99 per sub, which on average is 50 to 70 cents more than our American counterparts. In addition as of July 1, 2021, Canadians are forced to pay up to 13% in taxes on top of this inflated sub price. Local sub pricing for Canadians would help mitigate the additional taxes on our sub purchases, as well as likely increase the number of creators we can sub to.

133 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Local Sub Pricing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Do NOT display this to creators. This will lead to resentment from creators towards viewers and it’s really nobody’s business why someone chose not to opt for recurring subs

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Sub Cancellation Reasons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. We need info on the price brackets of our subs! I have no idea what my viewers are paying for my content... As we have 1,2,3 tier subs information described, it only makes sense we know how many subs are paying 1,2,3,4... dollars as well. As an international streamer i have no idea what people are paying for my content and this is affecting my income and my mental health significantly. I have streams that i think went well just to go to my dashboard and be confused by the income stats. What influenced that result? Was it me? My…

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Local Sub Pricing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Adding a delay option for the bits or subs notification in chat will make it more exciting cause it will sync with the alerts
    So it would be amazing to have an option in twitch similiar to
    “ Alert Text Delay “ in streamlabs or streamelements

120 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. $4.99 for a subscription and 50/50 payout is what content creators sign up for.

What they get in reality:

If based in Europe, pay 5 Euros ($6 per sub)
    If based in UK, pay £5 (a whopping $8 per sub!)

Do content creators receive 50% of these extra payments, no, they receive the appropriate % of $5

Is it fair for people based in Europe, UK, Canada, Aus, etc. to pay MORE for subs than the US and yet as a streamer receive significantly less than the 50% they are promised in the affiliate/partner agreeement? Of course not...

PLEASE FIX…

107 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Local Sub Pricing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. We are aware that the “Email My Subs” feature allows creators to send content that violates our TOS. To provide the community the tools to help keep them safe, we are temporarily disabling the service while we upgrade it with the safety and moderation features we expect in all creator and viewer touchpoints.

We would like to take this opportunity to hear your ideas around making this feature either safer or more effective! Leave your comments below.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Looking for Feedback  ·  38 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Türkiye için düzenlenen ve uygulanmaya başlanan yeni fiyatlandırma sisteminin özellikle orta-küçük yayıncılar için yayıncılığı sürdürülebilir bir iş haline getirmeyi imkansız hale getirdiğini düşünüyorum.
    Yeni abonelik ücretleriyle beraber abone sayılarında meydana gelen artış, vergiler, platform payı düşüldüğünde, yayıncıya ekstra bir gelir olarak yansımıyor ve bunun yanında önceden elde ettiğimiz geliri yakalamak da mümkün değil. Fiyatlarlı tekrar düzenlemeyi planlamıyor olsanız bile yayıncılara gelir elde edebilecekleri farklı alternatifler sunmanız (reklam, bounty, vs.) çok daha iyi olacaktır.

Kendi adıma, uzun vadede, mevcut şartlar altında mesai harcayıp yayınlarımı sürdürebileceğimi düşünmüyorum.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Local Sub Pricing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. It is exceptionally helpful to know if people are unsubscribing due to factors outside of our control (such as a viewer's finances or schedule changing) or within our control, such as a streamer schedule change or experimentation with new content. This would help alleviate the stress of wondering if unsubscriptions are something we can affect as streamers or if it is primarily beyond our control, which would greatly decrease some of the mental burden and worry of never knowing for sure why people unsubscribe. This data, collected via an anonymous dropdown menu, would be incredibly helpful so streamers can best…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sub Cancellation Reasons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I am a Twitch Partnered streamer, I have 3 lifetime subs, they are 3 of the most important members of my community hence why I gave them these lifetime subs, I think it's really sad that each month they're not able to SHARE that subscription like a normal sub, they're super important members of my community, they deserve to get to share that message/sub like everyone else!!!

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Twitch in poland is growing really fast and have really big community. Today i wanned to buy subsciption and was disappointed. I could not pick any payment methods by any polish bank. Only option is to pay by credit card and american paymant methods???? Please add polish payment methods and change paymant currency to PLN(zloty).

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Local Sub Pricing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Now, this is right after regional prices for Europe came out. Most countries are now set to 3.99 EUR, despite countries in Eastern Europe (especially countries in the Balkans), having 3-6 times less income than nations in western Europe.

Just for a bit of comparison (data is from google)

Bulgaria - Average monthly wage = 595€
    Serbia - Average monthly wage = 562€
    Romania - Average monthly wage = 743€

France - Average monthly wage = 2,225€
    Belgium - Average monthly wage = 2,262€
    The Netherlands - Average monthly wage = 2,240€

I understand it may feel ****** to people…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Local Sub Pricing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I receive one or two of these emails each month, as I'm currently subscribed to 2 channels via the twitch.tv site.

Subject: Your Subscription Will Be Renewing Soon

Then in the table below:

Renewal Date: 19 Oct 2021

Description: Tier 1 - 1 Month Subscription - AU
    Amount: A$7.99

Nowhere does it say WHOM this subscription is for! I can only tell by looking up my subscriptions list and comparing the date and amount for each subscribed channel. If I had more than a couple of subscribed channels, as I'm sure many users do, this would be a nightmare.

The…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Youtube has this thing that you can CUSTOMIZE the price of the subscriptions + the benefits that the subscriber is going to have. This will offer the opportunity to creators customize their subscriptions based on their community. Not to mention that unfortunately this sub price changes that twitch did may not work for everybody.

Give power to the creators!

Thank you.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Streamer Toggle - Show/Hide Cancellation Reasons

I'm not a large streamer, but hear me out. There's an argument that a streamer shouldn't see the reasons why others cancel subscriptions as it might cause resentment toward their community.. and I see and hear the validation toward mental health and awareness. I think the easiest solution here would be a toggle that would allow the anxiety to be skipped, and for a streamer who identifies that they might develop resentment towards their community to dodge the resentment. Have the toggle to 'hide' the reasons on by default on roll-out, and a streamer…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Sub Cancellation Reasons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. There would be a lot more subs if every affiliate was able to create more than 3 custom channel emotes from the start. Also, the tier system to unlock them is counter productive. Nobody is going to subscribe more just so they can unlock one more emote. The entirety of the channels emotes should be accessible with just the first sub.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. $7.99 is still too expensive for this market and im sure the stats will back it up. $4.99 is the only appropriate pricing for this market.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Local Sub Pricing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I'm classifying this as a "bug", since it makes the notification emails less-than-useful, and would be an extremely easy thing to fix!

The problem is that subscription reminder emails do not mention the channel name in them! I have many subscriptions, and trying to find the one that is about to renew is almost impossible. (Related issue: I can't sort my channel subscriptions page!)

Please just include the channel name in these reminder emails, thanks!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Firstly I'd like to praise Twitch in listening to my previous idea regarding 'Local Sub Pricing' https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/310231-subscriptions/suggestions/42603280-fair-payments-and-payouts

However there is one element of this that still seems unfair. In almost every aspect/part of the world there is generally an 'adult price' and a 'kids price' so for Twitch I also feel that if an account is verified as that of a person under the age of 18 (maybe you'll need to verify ID or something so this system would not be abused) they should certainly be paying no more than half-price for their subscriptions and gifted subscriptions.

Using the US…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Local Sub Pricing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Another update that makes Small Streamers lives a lot harder and makes it much better for bigger streamers. I get it that it is unfair for some countries to pay more for subs.

Isn't it unfair that small streamers earn less though?

Twitch says they are 'trying' to make the streamers earn more money with more subs but small streamers rarely get subs and I don't think its because of the price. It is because they don't have enough viewers or some just don't want to waste their money on subbing. I earn 0.33$ per Twitch Prime and $0.96 for…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Local Sub Pricing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?