Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Subscriptions

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Subscriptions

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

321 results found

1. Create a category where streamers can give a small group of people (...maybe the amount is related on how big is the channel?) full sub benefits without actually subbing, like emotes and not seeing ads (or seeing less ads). This will benefit creators who receive support from other ways, like if someone already supports a streamer on a high patreon tier, they can get the streamer's twitch emotes without needing to sub !

Will also greatly support smaller streams since emotes are a way to advertise a channel and will allow friends (and by friends i mean mods and artists…

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. We're experimenting with a new perk for Subscribers on Twitch: Monthly Recap! This summary shows personalized stats on select channels such as top clips, most spammed emotes, and more. It's just one more way to relive time well spent with your favorite creators and communities.

You can learn more about Monthly Recaps here: https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/monthly-recap

As always, we'd love to hear your feedback on this experiment!

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Experiment  ·  54 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It is horrendous that you have decided to not include gift subs in Subtember this year. That was the driving force behind the success for creators (and therefore Twitch) in prior years.

Please reconsider this immediately and stop pulling revenue-driving opportunities from your creators and those who pay for the platform to exist.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  SUBtember  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Hey all!

We’re excited to share that some users will see a new option to seamlessly upgrade your subscription. What this means is that for those chosen they are now able to more easily upgrade their subscription to a different tier or make their subscription a multi month subscription. At this time we are not looking to add anyone to the experiment, but will have more updates on this in the future.

We look forward to hearing your feedback on this!

70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Looking for Feedback  ·  18 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. A twitch streamer that I was subscribed to for over 5 years passed away, and thus their account has been removed from the partner program and people are unable to continue their subscriptions even if they wanted to. I went to check my expired subscriptions to see if I was able to look back on that time, and found that I wasn't able to view my expired subscriptions for that streamer. I think we should still be able to see expired subscriptions even if you're not able to renew the subscription anymore. It's a shame to have that memorabilia gone.…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Would love to see a Twitch Turbo Yearly sub option. Month to month is nice, however it ads up with all other memberships. I tend to prefer yearly subscriptions as I can take care of them for the year when I get my tax return or a bonus or an extra paycheck, etc and then not have to worry about it for the year.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. A while back, the ability to gift subs instantly appeared alongside the selection to gift out subscriptions. Then it disappeared for a while... then it came back again recently! The ability to gift subs instantly helps expedite the process of randomly gifting out channel subscriptions which is fantastic for when you want to frequently give out a small amount of subscriptions.

However, this is also a potentially destructive user action as a simple misclick can lead to an accidental charge of anywhere up to 499.00 USD, or even higher if a typo is present in the custom quantity input.

Since…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Do NOT display this to creators. This will lead to resentment from creators towards viewers and it’s really nobody’s business why someone chose not to opt for recurring subs

134 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Sub Cancellation Reasons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Currently, Canadians pay $6.99 per sub, which on average is 50 to 70 cents more than our American counterparts. In addition as of July 1, 2021, Canadians are forced to pay up to 13% in taxes on top of this inflated sub price. Local sub pricing for Canadians would help mitigate the additional taxes on our sub purchases, as well as likely increase the number of creators we can sub to.

204 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Local Sub Pricing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I bought a six month subscription to a channel, and three days later the streamer left Twitch for another platform.
    There should be a refund mechanism of some kind for situations like this - money back for the months remaining, store credit, transfer the sub to another channel - anything.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sub Cancellation Reasons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Right now affiliates get 10 founders and partners get 25. The number of founders should scale similarly to how emote slots grow as your stream grows.

25 max founders on big streamers seems small amount and most of the time those 25 aren't even subbed anymore.

My suggestion for the amount of founders

50 1000
    75 5000
    100 10k
    150 15k
    200 20k

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It seems like anonymous gifting checkbox has disappeared for me.
    i.e. i can't gift anonymously en-masse to community.
    However clicking on individual user and gifting to specific user can still be anonymously gifted.
    Apparently, i am not the only one facing this issue.
    anyone has any idea?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Twitch/comments/ry4cik/cant_gift_as_anonymous/

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Instead of the current way that partners have maximum of 3 lifetime subs they can give to viewers and 2 to bots, I'd like to see this updated to something like you can give free sub for one year to 3 viewers (or more for partners and maybe 1 for affiliates).
    This would be a good update because life happens and maybe one of your lifetime subs dies or otherwise stops coming to your streams, like if you give your girl/boyfriend a free sub and then few years later you break up you could then give the free sub to…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. We are aware that the “Email My Subs” feature allows creators to send content that violates our TOS. To provide the community the tools to help keep them safe, we are temporarily disabling the service while we upgrade it with the safety and moderation features we expect in all creator and viewer touchpoints.

We would like to take this opportunity to hear your ideas around making this feature either safer or more effective! Leave your comments below.

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Looking for Feedback  ·  79 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The idea is to allow Streamers to award a single tier 1 Subscription per month for Free with no monetary cost or pay out for the streamer.

This would allow followers to make use of the chat emotes, stop pre-roll adds and even allow them to use sub only chat for one month.

After the month is up, the recipient may be more inclined to pay out for a sub in order to keep the Emotes and to stop Adds.

Streamers could use these Free subs as Prizes after hitting a new goal or rewards to returning viewers or just…

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. We need info on the price brackets of our subs! I have no idea what my viewers are paying for my content... As we have 1,2,3 tier subs information described, it only makes sense we know how many subs are paying 1,2,3,4... dollars as well. As an international streamer i have no idea what people are paying for my content and this is affecting my income and my mental health significantly. I have streams that i think went well just to go to my dashboard and be confused by the income stats. What influenced that result? Was it me? My…

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Local Sub Pricing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. $4.99 for a subscription and 50/50 payout is what content creators sign up for.

What they get in reality:

If based in Europe, pay 5 Euros ($6 per sub)
    If based in UK, pay £5 (a whopping $8 per sub!)

Do content creators receive 50% of these extra payments, no, they receive the appropriate % of $5

Is it fair for people based in Europe, UK, Canada, Aus, etc. to pay MORE for subs than the US and yet as a streamer receive significantly less than the 50% they are promised in the affiliate/partner agreeement? Of course not...

PLEASE FIX…

255 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Local Sub Pricing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I would love it if there was a way to offer a different cam overlay (or second camera angle) for people who sub to a second or third tier. Like I want to over content on my video that is invisible to those at lower sub levels. For example, I am an artist. Everyone can see my art cam but second and third tiers are the only ones who can also see my face cam. (or pet cam)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow a sub gifter to give subs "on behalf of" another user.

Inevitably, during a hype train or just as part of the regular course of a stream, someone who is normally an avid gifter or just a steady, regular viewer and active chat participant, will express regret that their current financial status doesn't let them gift subs or send bits.

It would be nice to be able for someone (anonymous or not) to gift subs "on behalf of @UserX". Just another way of sharing some of the love around. I think several of the streamers I follow and sub…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Netflix is 9.99, Hulu is 6.99, Amazon Prime is 14.99 (and you get so much with that).

Twitch is overpriced for 2 reasons right now -

You can support 3 channels on Twitch for 15 dollars as it is right now. Compared to having access to thousands of shows and movies on other platforms.

Those 3 channels you spend 15 dollars on won't have ads, but the other streams you may want to check out are littered with ads. These ads pop up that worst times. Usually when something exciting is happening.

They also pop up very frequently when you…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Local Sub Pricing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17
  • Don't see your idea?