Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Subscriptions

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Subscriptions

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

47 results found

1. Since this change I've been driven further and further away from Twitch.tv as a platform. I find it ridiculous that the only way to not have to see this annoying Ad spam is by using my ONE prime sub or just not watching content on Twitch.tv. There is a major problem with that approach, and until something changes (and I'm certain thousands of others would agree here), I will no longer be using this platform for my viewing pleasure.I hope you guys get this figured out and find a better solution soon, like putting the Ads responsibility back on individual…

1,896 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

41 comments  ·  Turbo  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Overall, ads on Twitch are reasonable and not too intrusive, but this one quirk makes it more difficult for small streamers to support each other.

If someone ends their stream by hosting mine, I would like to be able to thank them and welcome them and any viewers who came along with them. But at the moment that I receive the host notification, I have to assume that none of them can see me because an ad just started playing for them. And if I host another streamer at the conclusion of my stream, my viewers and I don't get…

499 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Turbo  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Dear Twitch,

I think I speak for most of the streaming community when I say we do NOT like your new mid-roll strategy. Ads are among the biggest annoyances on the site and the solution is not to give us more ads. Here are some ideas on making ads on Twitch better for both the creator and the viewer.

1. Give the creators an actual cut of the ad revenue
      Right now, this is absolutely peanuts when you compare it to other video content sites, it’s actually insane. This would make running ads also a bit more attractive for creators and…

351 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Turbo  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. PROBLEM
    At this time, Turbo is only available on a monthly recurring basis.

BACKGROUND
    However, Subscriptions are available in month, 3 months, and 6 months renewal increments. (This phrasing is pulled directly from the Subscription panel on Twitch. Who does your copy? Anyways…)

PROBLEM PART TWO
    This discordance in user experience is confusing.

ASK
    Bring feature parity to Turbo.

IMPLEMENTATIONS

Full Feature Parity with Subscriptions - Turbo renewal periods would be: month, 3-month, 6-month and offer the same 10% and 15% discounts

Industry Parity - Monthly or Annual renewal, with a discount equivalent to 2 months on the annual plan…

151 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 你好!我建议TWITCH TURBO订阅支付方式支持支付宝和微信,这样给国内那些办不了VISIA信用卡的用户在订阅TURBO付款时带来方便之处,希望更多用户与我有共同的想法向你们反馈同样的建议,感谢你们的支持!

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Turbo  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please stop the fight against ad blockers. Not everybody is able to afford Twitch Turbo and those aren't people who you want to serve with ads, anyway, since they're low converters. Or do you want to sell ads to your worst viewers? The ones who don't spend money on your premium subscription are also unlikely going to purchase a product after seeing an ad and your advertisers will sooner or later figure that out when they see their low conversion rates...

Users who use ad blockers are annoyed by ads and naturally indisposed against companies who try to force their…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Turbo  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow twitch turbo users who want to purchase bits for the new cheer system get a 5% discount in total price so that would be an extra benefit in being a turbo user on the site

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I don't like ads and I don't really like serving ads to my viewers.
    But Twitch as a platform needs to make money and logically cannot exist without such a revenue stream.

But what if I could pay to covers the cost, at least partially or up to a certain amount of viewers?
    I find that Twitch Turbo is rather well poised already for this, at least price wise, sitting at about the same price point of 4 separate tier 1 subscriptions.

The idea is, that as a streamer, having Twitch Turbo would mean that the streams they do would…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Make Twitch Turbo affordable to lower income countries.
    I'd love to pay, but at this moment, the price is way to high for me.
    Can't we handle similar to Amazon Prime the price of Twitch Turbo?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Turbo  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please Twitch, explain why Turbo will cost $11.99 in USD and £11.99 in GBP. I live in the UK and so, according to current market rates, that means I'll pay 23% more for Turbo than someone in the US. That can't be right. Did you math wrong or something?

If I consider the old price of Turbo as well, then overall, this is a 64% price increase without any improvements being offered once the new rate takes effect. Could I perhaps get 100 days of VOD storage to go with that price hike, hmm?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Turbo  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. We should get Sub Tokens for Turbo Users.

Keep Turbo an Ad Free experience but give us a way to have Sub Tokens every month we renew Turbo, that way we can use our Sub Tokens like Prime to support streamers and we get the benefits of a sub in the streamer's chat (also make Tokens giftable, that way you incentivize the use of Turbo over Prime)

We could even have Turbo Tiers that change the number of Tokens and benefits we receive.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Turbo  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I am a regular Twitch consumer. I watch Twitch mostly on my PlayStation 5. The experience on the app is however, not as satisfying and flawless as in other devices, such as PC or mobile. There’s so many ads that play throughout streams, and there is zero way to subscribe to the channel you’re watching. It is not the most convenient thing to log into your PC or mobile just to subscribe.

Overall, I think you should be able to access these things on the Twitch PlayStation app: Subscribe to a channel in all tiers, subscribe to Twitch Turbo, collect…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow Small Streamers with Twitch Turbo to Provide Viewers an Ad Free Experience.

Growth is hard, especially as a small streamer. Twitch Turbo is an existing feature that isn't well advertised but it could be used to an even greater benefit for both Streamers and Twitch. By giving streamers who are subscribed with Twitch Turbo who have less than a certain amount of typical concurrent viewers to provide their content to viewers without pre-rolls, it would enable both better growth for the streamer and more profit to Twitch to cover costs.

30% of new viewers leave a stream before a…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I'm dodging pre-rolls like crazy. I'm not talking about muting the tab and doing something else while Twitch advertises to the void; I'm either closing Twitch and not engaging with the service or I'm going to keep refreshing, bouncing between streams until the system gives in and plays the stream without the ad—which, miraculously, works after roughly 15 seconds—a net gain given that most ads that play on Twitch much longer. And, keep in mind, the moment Twitch fixes that strange loophole, I'm going to revert back to closing Twitch and disengaging 99% of the time.

That is to say…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Change the way twitch turbo perks are activated.
    Instead of being a paid-for option, enable turbo for all accounts that have multiple active subs.

For example, being sub to 3 channels (~the price of turbo) would disable ads on all channels across the platform.

This would be a benefit for creators by encouraging viewers to sub, unlike the current turbo.

Prime and gifted subs may or may not count toward the needed subs to enable turbo.
    The actual number of subs needed needs to be fine tuned but I think 3 paid-for subs is a good value.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 💡 Twitch Turbo Emotes

Let creators create special emote group for Twitch Turbo Users to encourage them to subscribe to Twitch Turbo.

An extra benefit to Turbo subscribers that are not only supporting a single stream but all streamers.

Add the feature to the creator's Dashboard > Viewer Rewards > Emotes

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Interest  ·  Ana responded

Hi, thanks for your feedback!

This status is to let you know your idea has been reviewed. Your idea is open for voting/comments from other Twitch community members. This is a great time to share your idea with others. Learn more about status updates here.

---

For the community: If you like this idea, please vote on it and feel free to add on how it would help you in the comments.

17. I've been interested in twitch turbo for some time now, but the only feature I want is the ad-free viewing. It would be neat to have a lite version at a cheaper price for ads only. $8.99 is quite steep if ad-free viewing is the only feature I use.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The price for Twitch Turbo got increased but no value was added.
    An idea would be to allow Turbo Users to display two badges next to their name instead of one.
    Twitch added more and more badges over the last few years and you can only display one.
    So please allow Turbo users to pick one extra and add more value to Twitch Turbo.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Can you just please add the ability to see the turbo subscription inside the app ?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I've used streamlink for the past few years now. As of the past couple weeks. It is now plagued with purple screens that do not resume the stream or crash the player in the case of vlc media player. There is only one streamer I can now watch through streamlink since they do not play ads.

I prefer to use streamlink because of its simplicity and light weight. Most of the time I'm doing something in my other monitor like playing a game. I don't want a web page slowing down my computer like the twitch site does.

Or even…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3