Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Subscriptions

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Subscriptions

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

458 results found

1. I prefer to subscribe on my own, a month at a time for certain streamers. It's a bit of a bother to subscribe, which feels good, but then immediately go back into my account, find the sub and cancel subscription because I don't want it to be recurring, which feels bad and seems unnecessary. Please add "One time only" to the drop down menu which currently ONLY offers recurring choices.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Can you just please add the ability to see the turbo subscription inside the app ?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Turbo  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I've used streamlink for the past few years now. As of the past couple weeks. It is now plagued with purple screens that do not resume the stream or crash the player in the case of vlc media player. There is only one streamer I can now watch through streamlink since they do not play ads.

I prefer to use streamlink because of its simplicity and light weight. Most of the time I'm doing something in my other monitor like playing a game. I don't want a web page slowing down my computer like the twitch site does.

Or even…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Turbo  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Similar to another post, but more fleshed out.

The problem

I support many creators with monthly subs, but as a person with limited budget, it's so hard to plan finances with little amounts of £3.99 coming out throughout the month and often leads to going overdrawn on the one of my accounts I use. It also causes a lot of emails throughout the month for each subscription, telling me it is about to renew.

My Solution

I would suggest a user-nominated day when payment for all upcoming subscriptions, that month, would be taken (in advance of the renewal day).

If…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I would love it if there was a way to offer a different cam overlay (or second camera angle) for people who sub to a second or third tier. Like I want to over content on my video that is invisible to those at lower sub levels. For example, I am an artist. Everyone can see my art cam but second and third tiers are the only ones who can also see my face cam. (or pet cam)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow a sub gifter to give subs "on behalf of" another user.

Inevitably, during a hype train or just as part of the regular course of a stream, someone who is normally an avid gifter or just a steady, regular viewer and active chat participant, will express regret that their current financial status doesn't let them gift subs or send bits.

It would be nice to be able for someone (anonymous or not) to gift subs "on behalf of @UserX". Just another way of sharing some of the love around. I think several of the streamers I follow and sub…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Netflix is 9.99, Hulu is 6.99, Amazon Prime is 14.99 (and you get so much with that).

Twitch is overpriced for 2 reasons right now -

You can support 3 channels on Twitch for 15 dollars as it is right now. Compared to having access to thousands of shows and movies on other platforms.

Those 3 channels you spend 15 dollars on won't have ads, but the other streams you may want to check out are littered with ads. These ads pop up that worst times. Usually when something exciting is happening.

They also pop up very frequently when you…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. As we know, ads are common on any platform and I understand they're a primary source of income. Generated for both parties (twitch, and content creators) and is evenly split between both parties. However, sometimes these ads are intrusive and lead to a reduction in viewer retention.

While the viewers suffer from advertisements but also streamers, streamers stream for 4 hours a day, sometimes every day, and some stream more. That's a part-time job, and some aren't gaining anything out of it. I, myself am a streamer and try to stream 5 days a week, but I find it very…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Turbo  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I've lost enough footage (including world records) because of only having 2 weeks to make a highlight. Having only 1 week just because the stats say that most people don't watch VODs after a week, doesn't justify users requiring prioritizing hours of Twitch highlighting over other deadlines. If users are really only gonna be given a week with a paywall as the only other option, then atleast make the highlighting process faster. Highlighting 100+ streams a month takes many hours due to the default being that only the middle gets highlighted, so you have to manually drag it outward each…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Turbo  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please show how expired subscriptions were purchased. IE: subbed for 1 month on ?/?/?... or: it was gifted by @user on ?/?/?.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. how about mods should get a unlimited sub to the channel to mod for

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I just subbed to someone I have known for years with a prime sub and when I was talking about memories the stream elements bot timed me out indefinately and the friend didnt care so now I have a sub I cant use or cancel to give to a streamer who does care! Twitch prime subs should be allowed to be cancled or transfered to someone who deserves it!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I mean everyone who giftet a sub gets the Message: Can i get a Sub? I have the Idea to Gift Blacklist people who ask. Basicly when you blacklist a person you cant Gift him A sub anymoreon every Channal

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Option to upgrade a user with a gift sub of higher tier, considering they are subbed already.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I suggest there be created a "Global" Loyalty points system in addition to channel-specific points; each Twitch user would have a global "Twitch loyalty points" point balance.

Subscribing to a channel, Gifting to a channel, or spending a certain amount of time watching the in-video ads inserted by Twitch would be actions that each reward the viewer with a certain number of Twitch points Per Subscription, or Gift Sub, etc.

Finally, if the user has gifted enough subs, or subscribed to a large enough number of channels: the global Twitch loyalty points should be redeemable for various rewards - which…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please make higher tiered subs more accessible for, and on all platforms such as mobile.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Some streamers in Russia and Eastern Europe don't believe that ~$2 Tier1 subs instead of $5 is a good idea (especially after some time and subathons). They think of leaving this service.

Twitch could allow streamers to choose which tier(s) of Subscribers can use chat (Subchat, Tier2+3-Subchat, Tier3-Subchat). Also it would be great if Twitch could allow to make more smiles exclusive to Tier-2+3 or Tier-3.

These features could help streamers to have less $2 subs if they don't want to have them. And have more $3,5 or $9 subs.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 您好,我是實況主,8/30時觀眾(觀眾A)使用手機版APP一次訂閱我6個月,但是聊天室及活動通知都沒有跑出題示,請問是哪裡出了問題? (在A觀眾訂閱前,有另外一位觀眾B續訂第二個月,觀眾B的訂閱是有通知的)
    Hello, I'm a live host, on 8/30 my viewer (viewer A) subscribed to me for 6 months at a time using the mobile app, but the chat room and event notifications did not run out of the title, what went wrong? (Before viewer A subscribed, another viewer B renewed his subscription for a second month, and the subscription from viewer B was notified as normally)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. More organisation within gifted subs.

I think it would be a good idea within expired subscriptions to have more detail surround them. As for now it just displays the months subbed and the option to resubscribe. They all appear as if you have tier 1 subbed and have no information surrounding if they have been gifted or not. I think showing if they are gifted and who by in the expired subscriptions could be helpful in both keeping track of what subs you've been gifted if you delete gift sub notifications as well as thanking those who gifted it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. This will mess up US based providers, as their peers in lower cost of living areas will be able to 'charge less' for the same services... It's the problem with globalization overall. Providers in lower cost of living countries will, as a matter of course for being in lower cost of living countries, be able to undercut those providers in higher cost of living countries. Thanks for adding to the anti-globalization wave... the more the little guy get's screwed to make the big 1% more money (aka Amazon Stockholders) the worse the whole world will be....

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 8 10 12 22 23
  • Don't see your idea?