Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Subscriptions

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Subscriptions

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

460 results found

1. I don’t want to charge it to Apple ID, I’m able to sub with a card on desktop but why can’t I on mobile? Seems irrational to require different payment methods depending on the platform

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mobile Subs  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Change the reset time to a fixed hour, instead of the hour you hit the sub button.
    For instance:
    You sub Jan 1st at 21:00. A month goes away. It's Feb 1st. You try to sub in the morning but you cant do it until 21:00. And that day you cant sub during night.

Just make it count on the day, so you can subscribe Jan 1st at 23:55, and then Feb 1st at 1:00

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Twitch TURBO prices are now high enough to make them a "considered purchase" as someone who has recently used and benefitted from the Turbo subscription, and then contributed to content creators through bits or other means I now find myself in a position where the Turbo price (UK) no longer offers value for money, streams now present me with multiple ads, and my natural reaction is to look elsewhere. Please put the Turbo subscription prices back as they were, I believe you will (continue to) lose users otherwise.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Turbo  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. So everyone knows that ads are not fun to watch. So I feel like every streamer should be able to turn of the preroll ads without having to play ads every hour. I know that that if this would happend twitch would have to advertise in some other way. So what if you turn of regular ads and have more small ads at the bottom or maybe even put a ad in the chat so they cant see the chat untill the ad is over. But at least remove preroll ads for everyone.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I am aware that this has been suggested more than once before. If I recall reading this right: Twitch has elaborated that the Turbo sub fee would not cover the costs of transcoding for Turbo subs... Back when the Turbo sub fee was $8.99. It's going up shortly to $11.99 in the USA with no additional features to justify the price hike. Give Turbo subscribers transcoding options, YouTube offers it for FREE.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When paying for a sub on our channel, our followers could add our tax information to the invoice to be able to declare it as an expense. This would make many more channels give away subscriptions to other viewers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. You have no way to cancel subs outside of a hard to find management page. Definitely intentional. Disgusting business practice.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    More Info Needed  ·  Ana responded

Right now you click on your profile image and then "Subscriptions" on the drop-down menu to access all active subs. How would you improve this? Thanks.

8. As everyone knows, one of the key features of Twitch Turbo is the ability to store VODs for up to 60 days. However, in Korea, all VOD services such as VOD creation and viewing are not available. This is a decision made by Twitch, and users are uncomfortable, but they have no choice but to endure it. In addition, viewers can only select up to 720p of streaming quality with transcode applied (previously, it supported up to 1080p).

In this situation, Turbo pricing in some countries has recently been revised. When I checked, Korea had a limited function, but when…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I don't like ads and I don't really like serving ads to my viewers.
    But Twitch as a platform needs to make money and logically cannot exist without such a revenue stream.

But what if I could pay to covers the cost, at least partially or up to a certain amount of viewers?
    I find that Twitch Turbo is rather well poised already for this, at least price wise, sitting at about the same price point of 4 separate tier 1 subscriptions.

The idea is, that as a streamer, having Twitch Turbo would mean that the streams they do would…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Turbo  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. So as you know on Youtube when you become a partner you can actually set your own membership prices. I always wondered why streamers on twitch couldn't. I would love to make my subs only 99 cents here in the US, that 5 dollars could honestly go anywhere. It would be nice because I don't want my community paying me that much

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Regarding twitch turbo,

You currently get 2 free emoticon rows from twitch automatically, but one of my least favorite things about suggesting turbo to my viewers is the fact they get no emotes/badges of streamers.
    I think its a good idea to allow someone to "subscribe" to 2 users emotes/badge because turbo is the cost of 2 subs regardless.
    Possibly have it so that if a streamer does not have ads running (only pre-rolls) you cannot subscribe to their emotes/badge because you will not financially support them without the ad breaks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. PROBLEM
    At this time, Turbo is only available on a monthly recurring basis.

BACKGROUND
    However, Subscriptions are available in month, 3 months, and 6 months renewal increments. (This phrasing is pulled directly from the Subscription panel on Twitch. Who does your copy? Anyways…)

PROBLEM PART TWO
    This discordance in user experience is confusing.

ASK
    Bring feature parity to Turbo.

IMPLEMENTATIONS

Full Feature Parity with Subscriptions - Turbo renewal periods would be: month, 3-month, 6-month and offer the same 10% and 15% discounts

Industry Parity - Monthly or Annual renewal, with a discount equivalent to 2 months on the annual plan…

147 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please Twitch, explain why Turbo will cost $11.99 in USD and £11.99 in GBP. I live in the UK and so, according to current market rates, that means I'll pay 23% more for Turbo than someone in the US. That can't be right. Did you math wrong or something?

If I consider the old price of Turbo as well, then overall, this is a 64% price increase without any improvements being offered once the new rate takes effect. Could I perhaps get 100 days of VOD storage to go with that price hike, hmm?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Turbo  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I would really like Twitch to explain why they are hiking the price of Turbo while not providing any type of upgrade to the service. All of a sudden its ok to increase the cost by up to $3 for absolutely no reason? Please explain why all of a sudden you need another $3's from everyone using Turbo monthly? Will this upgrade the quality of the service or is this just another attempt to line the pockets of their highest management?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. サブスクライブについて1つ提案があります。
    配信者によっては、視聴者に高いお金を払ってもらいたくないと考える人もいます。
    現在はティア1~3まで自動的に機能がオンになっていますが、ティア2やティア3の機能をオフにして設定ティア1のみにする。もしくは、ティア1~2のみを設定してティア3はオフにすることができる、という機能があれば良いと思います。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I'm a Twitch affiliate as of the last year or so. I'm in the U.S. and I got my first few subs locally, resulting in a $2.36 payout for each one. Recently, a follower from Turkey has subscribed to me at tier 1 $4.99. He was also generous enough to gift 2 other subs to the channel. If added up it totals $14.97 in which case I would get $7.48 before exchange rates, taxes, and any other bank fees. After the stream, I went to the earnings page on my dashboard to find that I was only receiving FIVE CENTS…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Many people have already complained about how users who don't follow the channel may be selected for this, and this is a good point. As a user that sometimes consumes Twitch content, it's pretty awkward that I follow channels or I just simply watch them without following and then I suddenly receive gift subs so I have to cancel that subscription with hopes of the guy who gave it to me to get his money back. But that's NOT the unique point!

Let's consider somebody who just starts following a channel just two minutes ago and somebody gifts a subscription…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. For turbo users it would be cool if you could individually choose the color of each letter of your username that would add more to the turbo incentive with extra individuality to your color scheme.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The problem is that as it is right now usernames become unreadable due to a feature only available for Turbo subscribers.

This is unrelated to Chat Appearance: readable colours as the Chat Appearance: readable colours changes the tone of EVERY chatter, and by the few users that use unreadable colors the entire twitch community should not be restricted to the brownie, muddy colours that chat Appearance: readable colours

My suggestion is to restrict the color pallet available to users to colors that conform to a minimum of 4.5:1 to match internet accessible standards. Give users who are paying Turbo the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. You guys could make the person nickname collor selection easier to find, and something more special and put special textures for Twitch Turbo users.. Like what Discord does with their Nitro option... They give the option to put a special shiny background for discord, with shiny light effects... that makes people want to sign up their service... Twitch Nitro should have something special like that, that would make people feel special in the Chats, that way everyone will want to sign up Twitch Nitro.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?