Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Subscriptions

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Subscriptions

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

465 results found

1. Re subscribing, cheering with bits, hype chats, donations. What do they all have in common? You can attach a message with them. Either it be wanting to express love for the streamer, announce something or just throw in a meme. With how much of the economy gifted subs has become for large parts of Twitch, I think its in due time it gets the recognition it deserves.

Let people attach a message in chat with their gift, the same way you do as when you resub. This also allows for it to be read by TTS (Text To Speech) so…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. A lot of Twitch streamers, affiliates and partners alike, use services like Nightbot and Streamelements for automated services. They are bots and do not contribute financially to Twitch on their own. Twitch bots also periodically use emotes in certain automated tasks, and require a sub for them to use these, among other things. It would be nice to be able to give known bots a non-paid sub, -OR-, allow bots to use channel emotes and other sub-related services permissible by Twitch.

Just an idea. I mod for several channels. Partner channels periodically use their non-paid permanent subs on bots specifically…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I'm not always on the site or app when I'm gifted a subscription, so it would be nice to receive a push notification to my mobile device in addition to the site notification. That way, I can jump into the stream to thank the person who gifted me and hang out with the community. This option could be toggled on/off for those who want or don't want a mobile push notification.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. After subscribing to https://www.twitch.tv/demu the subscription toast in the bottom stayed around forever with a loading symbol. Following a chat share of the good news and switching to another tab for a while, there was a second option to share again

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Interest  ·  0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Similarly to how streamers are technically subscribed to their own channels so they can use their own emotes, I believe that streamers should be able to award a limited number of free subs to their editors and/or moderators so they can work without ads interrupting them and so they can use the streamer's emotes to help promote the channel and hype the chat.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Interest  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I have a few issues with sub anniversaries:

1. (highest priority) When shared, sub anniversaries show up in chat & the activity list as a regular sub, even though the popup to share an anniversary vs subbing is different & they are obviously separate events, they just don't show as such. Confusing!

2. Because of the above, there is no real celebration of this person's anniversary i.e. initial sub date. Streamer isn't prompted to say 'yo congrats! you've been here so long!' or whatever. Why even have anniversaries at all?

3. If you DO want anniversaries to be special, make them? Like, make…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Interest  ·  Ana responded

Thank you so much for the level of detail and organization that you used to present this idea.

7. I loaded Twitch and got this notification to renew Turbo or it would automatically expire. What a pain in the butt to pull out a bank card or whatever that I already used with the current subscription and retype in the information. That's just really annoying. It's annoying enough to have a price hike, but to have to go through the process again is like being drag through the mud. I get it. Inflation happens. Just send us an eMail notification, give us a tick to check in our settings to auto renew with card current information, or give us…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Interest  ·  0 comments  ·  Turbo  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 💡 Twitch Turbo Emotes

Let creators create special emote group for Twitch Turbo Users to encourage them to subscribe to Twitch Turbo.

An extra benefit to Turbo subscribers that are not only supporting a single stream but all streamers.

Add the feature to the creator's Dashboard > Viewer Rewards > Emotes

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Turbo  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Interest  ·  Ana responded

Hi, thanks for your feedback!

This status is to let you know your idea has been reviewed. Your idea is open for voting/comments from other Twitch community members. This is a great time to share your idea with others. Learn more about status updates here.

---

For the community: If you like this idea, please vote on it and feel free to add on how it would help you in the comments.

9. Make moderators get priority for random subgifts, to thank them for their work. When you're a mod on several channels you don't necessarily have the money to subscribe everywhere.

Admin audit: Edited title to better summarize suggestion for ease of discoverability.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I believe that there should be separate badges for those viewers who had a gifted subscription from those who subscribe themselves every month. That way we can separate the viewers who support the stream from the viewers who simply are lucky to receive a gifted subscription every month. It will also help during community days when the streamer plays with "subscribers". Now everyone is in the same pool and there is no telling who actually supports the stream and who doesn't.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. If Twitch has troubles to be profitable, why not make a subscription to let Streamers make content in high quality (like 1080p 60fps 6000kbps~8000kbps or more) or Viewers watch high quality streams ?

And the free limit would stays around like 720p 60fps or 1080 30fps with 4000~5000kbps, for example.

On mobile in particular, I think its worth due to the screen size, the diff will not be that annoying, and in bonus it will be less energivorous.

In hope to see less "features" that beg money depending on the generosity of people, more revenues for streamers or even less…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. A channel should be able to nominate linked channels that get subscriber benefits in their channel. A viewer can sub to either channel or both, maybe it shows the sub badge from the linked channel if they arent subbed to the current one, maybe there is an optional badge for people who are subbed to both.

Lets say two people regularly stream together, you as a viewer are a fan of Streamer A but they rarely stream on their own channel and instead are always on the channel of Streamer B, this would mean you could support A while watching…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. If you have say, 5 or more subscriptions to different creators, you automatically get Turbo on your account for free. Maybe this could be limited to recurring subs. Tier 2 and 3 subs could count towards multiple subs for the total.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1)Remove the Gift Sub to X Has Expired alerts or have it as an option to turn it off(spams my alert page way to often)

2)Add the feature that whoever your subbed to alerts you have a Resub available to X Person(its a PITA to check each channel and to see who's got a resub to)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 현재 한국에서는 방송 VOD를 더 이상 제공하지않는대 이는 터보와 프라임의 혜택이 사라진것과 같습니다
    이에따라 터보와 프라임의 가격 조정을 요청 드립니다

Currently, Korea no longer offers broadcasting VOD, which means that the benefits of turbo and prime have disappeared
    Accordingly, I request you to adjust the price of Turbo and Prime

*It can be awkward because I used a translator

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. so say someone has been following a streamer since 2021 and just started subscribing, there should be a feature that allows people to subscribe for how many months they missed during their followage, this could make a lot of money not just for streamers but for twitch, and long time viewers could finally get the badge they deserve for being a long time viewer and support their favourite streamers, imagine viewers have been following a streamer for like 6 years but only have a 2 year sub badge, they could have the option to purchase as many months as they…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. On my subscriptions page it says I have a prime sub available, but the button doesn't show up when i try to sub to a channel. This was confusing and I tried it in 6 ways before figuring out the reason: i'm on an amazon trial account for the second time. I think it's reasonable that I don't get a prime sub right now, the issue is that my subscriptions page says I do. The channel menu performs the check for a prime sub correctly; the subscriptions page should perform the same check. (Also it might give the info why…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. First, how about you let me speak to a human? Your programming is faulty, and only a human can address it.

I have been seeing the same "It's your 48 month anniversary..." message, several months in a row. The channel knows my commitment, as do the regulars in chat. So what matters most is fine, but this is still frustrating. I'd like to see an accurate, properly updating count, each month.

So how can you improve subscriptions? Fix the coding bugs. I saw another user, a streamer, complain about needing a calculator when they see a fan has been subscribing…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Sometimes I feel like I sub to content creators that I don't agree with their views/takes on certain topics shortly after subbing, I really wish I could terminate a sub to a channel and the remaining time or value of the sub would be given to amazon and not the rude content creators that show their true colors after "securing the bag". I would love the option to terminate my sub and refuse to support content creators further from that MOMENT forward rather than them having my support for a month. I dislike feeling "cheated" out of my subscription when…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. We should get Sub Tokens for Turbo Users.

Keep Turbo an Ad Free experience but give us a way to have Sub Tokens every month we renew Turbo, that way we can use our Sub Tokens like Prime to support streamers and we get the benefits of a sub in the streamer's chat (also make Tokens giftable, that way you incentivize the use of Turbo over Prime)

We could even have Turbo Tiers that change the number of Tokens and benefits we receive.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?