Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Subscriptions

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Subscriptions

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

458 results found

1. The Partner Plus program is a great step in the right direction for creators on Twitch and I am grateful for the opportunity for a 70/30 split.

However, this program should include gift subscriptions.

The requirement of “a sub count of at least 350 recurring paid subscriptions for three consecutive months” is only achievable for a small percentage of streamers, even those with a high CCV that qualifies them to be in the top 1% of the platform. It is not only difficult to achieve for even those dedicated to Twitch, but having this requirement may even discourage gift subscriptions…

1,469 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

120 comments  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I'm a Twitch Streamer of 7+ years with 3500+ subscribers from Türkiye. I can't make a living anymore. Local sub pricing after all the cuts and taxes is just lunch money, and it is getting harder and harder month after month to have a viable income off of Twitch. The problem is not the Twitch cut, it's simply the price of the subscriptions. 1USD is 28.90TRY right now and Tier1 Subscriptions are 9.90TRY, even if streamers got the full amount paid by viewers on subs, it's nothing. This forces everyone to employ other means of income, making streams and the…

86 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I'm sure a lot of us have experienced a gift sub from an anonymous gifter to a not so great account name. We currently have NO way to moderate this, which incentivizes repeat offenses.

I suggest implementing:

1) Being able to purge or delete the "Anonymous Gifted a sub to X" message in chat.

2) Toggle gift sub recipients names showing in chat (could be great for more lurker friendly communities too).

3) MODERATION OPTIONS, PLEASE! Let us not just purge but REPORT the anonymous gifter (bonus points for reporting the giftee account name easily too)

I know PirateSoftware already…

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. PROBLEM
    At this time, Turbo is only available on a monthly recurring basis.

BACKGROUND
    However, Subscriptions are available in month, 3 months, and 6 months renewal increments. (This phrasing is pulled directly from the Subscription panel on Twitch. Who does your copy? Anyways…)

PROBLEM PART TWO
    This discordance in user experience is confusing.

ASK
    Bring feature parity to Turbo.

IMPLEMENTATIONS

Full Feature Parity with Subscriptions - Turbo renewal periods would be: month, 3-month, 6-month and offer the same 10% and 15% discounts

Industry Parity - Monthly or Annual renewal, with a discount equivalent to 2 months on the annual plan…

147 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Would like the idea to host PPV events on stream.

This is a spin off of subscriber only streams, but let the user set the price of the PPV stream, whether its a special anniversary stream or a live event.

Pros: adds another line of revenue for streamers
    Adds a different experience for creators and chat
    Easily scalable
    Scenarios: sub anniversary stream, concert, album launch, travel stream, birthday stream, digital event, podcast/video podcast, special guests appearance,

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Streamers are able to gift subs at a discounted rate to their own channel while live (must be multiple subs being purchased, 5+, etc.)

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Re subscribing, cheering with bits, hype chats, donations. What do they all have in common? You can attach a message with them. Either it be wanting to express love for the streamer, announce something or just throw in a meme. With how much of the economy gifted subs has become for large parts of Twitch, I think its in due time it gets the recognition it deserves.

Let people attach a message in chat with their gift, the same way you do as when you resub. This also allows for it to be read by TTS (Text To Speech) so…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please bring the option to subscribe with Prime back to the front panel when clicking the option to subscribe or re-subscribe. Moving it under the "Elevate your Subscription" option requires unnecessary extra clicks and can also cause confusion. Some may think the option is not available due to country restrictions or they may think they don't have a Prime sub to use.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. idk if possible but if next year Bonus Round could start at the broadcaster's local time instead of globally that would be cool

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bonus Round  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. As it stands, it's fairly easy to manipulate the Twitch local sub pricing, in certain countries. It's not difficult to get a foreign debit/prepaid cash card and in some countries/currencies like India/INR and Turkey/Lira it allows viewers to gift much larger amounts of subscriptions at a significantly lower cost to themselves which heavily financially impacts the streamer.

For example using a VPN and foreign payment method, someone could spend 11000 Rupees on 100 gifted subs, the equivalent of £108 or $132. To pay this in a standard currency would cost £399 or $499. The numbers are very similar in a…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Hello, I am contacting you to see the request for pesification of the subs in Argentina. Today in Argentina we have an inflation rate of 142.7% per year. So paying in dollars for the sub is very expensive. Adding to the fact that today the dollar is 800 pesos + 65% of country taxes, this value leads to the sub to be a luxury good, not a service. Then I would ask if the sub can have value in Argentine pesos and not in dollars. To avoid that the ecosystem is ruined, people do not subscribe and we can continue…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Change the way twitch turbo perks are activated.
    Instead of being a paid-for option, enable turbo for all accounts that have multiple active subs.

For example, being sub to 3 channels (~the price of turbo) would disable ads on all channels across the platform.

This would be a benefit for creators by encouraging viewers to sub, unlike the current turbo.

Prime and gifted subs may or may not count toward the needed subs to enable turbo.
    The actual number of subs needed needs to be fine tuned but I think 3 paid-for subs is a good value.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Turbo  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Des abonnements à la semaine pour 1€ ce serait super bien pour les petits porte-monnaies !
    Et on n'est pas toujours disponibles un mois complet pour profiter de tous les avantages de l'abonnement, par contre si c'est pour une semaine on sait que l'on va pouvoir en profiter pleinement !

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Now, Affiliates & Partners can add bonus subscriber benefits to help viewers learn about the additional benefits their channels offer when they click to Subscribe. To start, you can highlight Sub-only Discord channels or Merch Discounts. To do so, head over to your Affiliate/Partner tab under Settings to indicate these Bonus Subscriber Benefits. When enabled, viewers will see a Bonus Benefits pill at the top of the Subscription panel which they can click to quickly review the extra perks they can take advantage of when supporting your channel!

We're curious to learn about what other Bonus Subscriber Benefits you are…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It would be AWESOME to be able to extend the subscription of a current subscriber in addition to gifting a subscription to a non-subscriber. Sometimes you just need to do something nice for a fellow chatter, but options are limited if they are already subbed! Thank you!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Let people upgrade their subs freely and refund prorated differences where appropriate. I don't understand why it's not possible to do this. I started a six month subscription to a channel in Subtember, but now I want to upgrade to tier 2 only to find out that I have to pay an additional full price for the tier 2 subscription, even though I'm already on tier 1. I can't give this streamer and Twitch more money even though I voluntarily want to, because doing so means I'm paying almost double price what I should be. Every other service I've ever…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Very unethical to just keep peoples money when you ban a streamer, and also to keep charging those who subscribe recurringly.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I have a few issues with sub anniversaries:

1. (highest priority) When shared, sub anniversaries show up in chat & the activity list as a regular sub, even though the popup to share an anniversary vs subbing is different & they are obviously separate events, they just don't show as such. Confusing!

2. Because of the above, there is no real celebration of this person's anniversary i.e. initial sub date. Streamer isn't prompted to say 'yo congrats! you've been here so long!' or whatever. Why even have anniversaries at all?

3. If you DO want anniversaries to be special, make them? Like, make…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Interest  ·  Ana responded

Thank you so much for the level of detail and organization that you used to present this idea.

19. I like using subs to get no ads for a channel but I perfer to renew subs myself so I would ask that there be a setting to prevent auto renewal of subs instead of manually having to go to each sub and stop auto renewal.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The price for Twitch Turbo got increased but no value was added.
    An idea would be to allow Turbo Users to display two badges next to their name instead of one.
    Twitch added more and more badges over the last few years and you can only display one.
    So please allow Turbo users to pick one extra and add more value to Twitch Turbo.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Turbo  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 22 23
  • Don't see your idea?