Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Account Management: e.g., Login, Connections, Password Reset

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Account Management: e.g., Login, Connections, Password Reset

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. With the ongoing outbreaks of follow and hate bots "raids", the creation of multiple accounts is simply too easy to abuse on the platform. Creating an account on Twitch does not require an authentic email address before using its services: watching content, following a streamer, sending messages in streamers chats, modifying the account details, etc.

Many streamers are being harrassed by bots and "IP Grabbers" by:
    - Mass following streamers with inappropriate names and account details;
    - Mass spamming chats with obscene languages and characters (ex: racism, homophobia, transphobia, nazi, etc..);
    - Having extensions on their user profile which allows…

667 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

31 comments  ·  Signup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I feel there should be a log out of all devices category. Maybe insert like a privacy question to do it, because I’ve been having problems trying to stream on my ps5 I get the error “Someone else on PlayStation network is already using the account you specified” But I am using the same account I did on PS4 and I was streaming fine but on Ps5 I can’t.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I don't have much to say, besides half a year is an obscenely long wait to reclaim your original username. As is 2 months to try a new one.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Usernames  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I have always had twitch email notifications turend off, but since I had found about these new recaps, I have just turned them on. Can I still get my twitch recap? I'd really love to. In my opinion it should be shown directly on the twitch app/site, similar to spotify's one.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I am in agreement with people requesting a reduction on the time before you're able to change your username. Even if i have to wait 2 months before i can change it to something else, I've tested out my current username, as of posting this, and have discovered i hate it. If you could revert a user name change in the first 24 hours at least, even if i had to wait 2 months until i try again, it would solve a lot of people's problems with it. I also hate how there's no way of testing out a username…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Usernames  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Right now i can't chat on any twitch cause its asking for me to enter a mobile number. and despite my repeated attempts at getting SOMEONE to disable this stupid targeting on my accounts, nobody is listening. And no I'm not giving my mobile number. u have my verified email and i shouldn't be scrutinized to enter a mobile number. If you need mobile numbers on my account then i'm not using twitch period. and unsubbing from everything and moving to another platform. the fact you single me out for using twitch-tools.de and a vpn shows you don't care about…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  2FA  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Why? I don't care about Twitch account security. Stop annoying me

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Login Flow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. There should be something such as a page where people can search a username they want in order to check when it will be available.

This is especially necessary because previously used parter usernames are never available again, but as far as anyone is aware, there is no archive or list of those “never available” usernames.

Wanting a username that isn’t being used and trying to change to that username every day without knowing how long you will have to keep trying for it is absolutely exhausting and shouldn’t be something creators have to go through. Make it easier to…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Usernames  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. please increase a captcha system that prevents the creation of bots and attacks on small channels

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Signup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. This may require a bigger team of course to implement, but I just signed up for a freelance website and the sign up process, is actually an application to use this site. I was required to verify my identity via uploading a photo of my ID AND a verifying statement such as a paystub, utility bill, etc. And also address verification (or at least a mailing/billing address) which should be added to the account anyways since payment information is stored for subscriptions.

I know that twitch has a younger population so that may not work, but it may also be…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Signup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. There are tens of thousands of accounts are inactive never stream just preventing someone else from using the UserID. This is not fair and especially on a platform where users create and build their identity. The user name is a big thing for a streamer.

I am requesting Twitch to delete any account that not used for over 90+ days and release their User ID to the public.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Usernames  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Many sites and developers will request ridiculously over-broad permissions when establishing a new connection. At present this can be worked around by altering the URL to trim excessive permissions, but is a hassle for sites that require re-authing every few days.

Adding checkboxes to each of the requested permissions to allow account-holders to remove over-requested (data-scraping) permissions and unsafe permissions would alleviate this greatly.

The only risk would be the third-party site erroring if an actually-used permission is deselected by the end user, while enhancing privacy prevention and user control to slap away over-invasive marketing data collection attempts.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Connections  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. There are a host of problems on Twitch and I feel as though this idea could be a solution to some of the bigger ones.

I suggest giving streamers the option to only allow accounts with 2fa to access their channel. Make it an option for the individual streamer and make it toggleable.

In order for this to work, Twitch must do more than just “not allow the user to use chat.” Twitch needs to stop them from accessing the streamer’s channel all together. The same needs to be done for users who are banned/blocked but that is a whole…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  2FA  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. you should then change this naming system, we want to have the nick one way and you interfere by putting it in another way several platforms already have this new system per tag so you stick the nick that the streamer wants I've been trying for months to change my nick to nahtanoj, I know the account is inactive and I can't Please pay attention to this request, I know it will improve a lot.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Well, my real name is Coën, but i cant put a dubble dot on the e. I want to call myself CaptainCoën, but i cant do it. Can you help me with it please? I really want it, and i dont know why you guys blocked it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Usernames  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. PLEASE add a feature where you can login to a different account with a click of a button. Every time I need to switch accounts to manage a bot account I need to log out, then log in to the bot account, scramble to look for the 2FA code, do whatever I had to do, then log out again, then do another 2FA. Please just let us click our Profile Picture, select "Switch Accounts" and sign in to a different account seamlessly.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Login Flow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I tried to use a password that is autogenerated by my password manager. Obviously I won't put that here, but another one generated by it is: "speed applause deceiver endpoint cash freckles polygraph mothball unsaid raffle vacant unmoved".
    This is apparently "not secure" and "too easy to guess". Instead I had to make it: "speed applause deceiver endpoint cash freckles polygraph mothball unsaid raffle vacant unmoved1!"

Its worth pointing out that adding a password requirement of any kind besides length and restricting obvious dictionary sequences is well known (even by the US government via its most recent NIST standards) to…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Signup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I don’t receive se recap

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. The recycle program needs a massive overhaul.

There are far to many people waiting on unused usernames that are not released in a timely fashion.

I have been watching two names for years now. One is simply completely inactive with zero information on the profile and has never followed anyone, for years. That account also has never responded to private messages to even suggest someone logged in. **** I'd buy their account name from them if there was anyway I could contact them.

The other has the "Unless you have a time machine." message and may be an old twitch…

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Freeing inactive usernames every 365 days would be insanely helpful to people who want to create on your platform. There are forums all over the internet filled with people asking if there's a way to communicate with twitch about an old account that has the username they want. I'm a streamer struggling with this as well. The username "moony" has been taken for years and inactive, but I can't get it, and I actually use Twitch Daily.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12
  • Don't see your idea?