Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Account Management: e.g., Login, Connections, Password Reset

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Account Management: e.g., Login, Connections, Password Reset

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. With the ongoing outbreaks of follow and hate bots "raids", the creation of multiple accounts is simply too easy to abuse on the platform. Creating an account on Twitch does not require an authentic email address before using its services: watching content, following a streamer, sending messages in streamers chats, modifying the account details, etc.

Many streamers are being harrassed by bots and "IP Grabbers" by:
    - Mass following streamers with inappropriate names and account details;
    - Mass spamming chats with obscene languages and characters (ex: racism, homophobia, transphobia, nazi, etc..);
    - Having extensions on their user profile which allows…

729 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

31 comments  ·  Signup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I went to change my password today and had my password manager generate a random 100 character password. Twitch said "That password is too easy to guess" and points me at a page that just says it needs to be "at least 8 characters long". I get the same error with length 90 and 80. Through trial and error, apparently 71 is the maximum usable length.

It's unclear why there's a maximum limit, so I'd recommend removing that. Otherwise, the error message should indicate what the actual problem is.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. First of all, good job on implementing non-Authy, non-SMS 2FA!

That being said, there's still a major hole in your 2FA implementation, and that's requiring a user to set up SMS authentication before they can set up other forms of 2FA. Unless I've missed something huge, whenever I try to set up 2FA on Twitch, I get directed to put in my phone number first. There's no prompt I can use to skip this step.

This is completely counter to how a lot of other sites do 2FA, where SMS authentication is an option, not a requirement. You can completely…

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  2FA  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. If you want a username on twitch, which nobody else has, the best way to get it is to try to change it to that everyday and hope and pray that one day in 6 months it becomes available. Surely there can be a better way to handle this, I've seen other games or sites where there's a tool to see when names become available or they'll give you a name shortly after it becomes available

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. re: https://blog.twitch.tv/en/2021/09/29/securing-your-chat-with-phone-and-email-verification/

The FAQ suggests alternatives to mobile verification, VOIP, et al., are not good enough for verification; i.e., too cheap to spoof.

I'm an affiliate in long standing, can that fact not be verification that I can be trusted not to make duplicate accounts? Twitch has my tax ID, I'm pretty sure that they're pretty sure who I am. I do use Authy (and other online services) for verification, but I do not use cell networks ("mobile").

It makes little sense that Twitch has approved Us affiliates to represent their Terms of Service well enough to pay us, yet…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  2FA  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Having the feature to be able to use frequently used special characters like * & + - for example in usernames. Thank you in advance.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Usernames  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I don’t receive se recap

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. An option to disable email verification when signing in to new locations. If you use the account, like me, only to write chat messages, it's not so security-relevant that I have to constantly enter a code. For security reasons, you can write down a big warning that says that you shouldn't deactivate it.

Translated by Google Translator.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Login Flow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9.    I am suggesting an idea which would utilize having set up 2FA using a phone number to count for chat verification as well.
       I was in a raid but when I got to the destination streamer I couldn't send messages in the chat even though I had followed that channel.  I got a message saying that I couldn't chat because my account wasn't verified.  I clicked on the little info icon, and it explained it and I was able to get into chat fine.
       I was confused though, because I have had my Twitch account set up with 2FA using
    6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  2FA  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I am in agreement with people requesting a reduction on the time before you're able to change your username. Even if i have to wait 2 months before i can change it to something else, I've tested out my current username, as of posting this, and have discovered i hate it. If you could revert a user name change in the first 24 hours at least, even if i had to wait 2 months until i try again, it would solve a lot of people's problems with it. I also hate how there's no way of testing out a username…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Usernames  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Why? I don't care about Twitch account security. Stop annoying me

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Login Flow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. When i try to leave my current twitch team it says *unable to remove team membership. Very confused and would like some insight.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. My YouTube channel was unlink, but it was working completely fine before. I didn't log out or anything of the sort. It was just working the other day, and only stopped working today. IDK what happened, but now I can't relink it. It only shows up with "Make sure the email you used for Twitch is the same as your google account." If anyone has any ideas or know how to fix it, pls let me know.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Apps on Windows 10/11 use Web Authentication Broker (special built-in UWP app) in order to securely authenticate a user.
    Unfortunately it still uses IE based web view. Causing this
    https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/2365592/145680353-6e0862a1-5251-4ee5-bf79-803a8e6f5a56.png
    You must add a special check and allow to open auth view in IE.

How to reproduce
    Install https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9NN46KBBHL2W
    Try to authenticate

Expected behavior
    Twitch is opened in Web Authentication Broker and allows to authenticate

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. EN: I want every change to contract to be sent to the email address associated with the Affiliate / Partner account. For example, when an e-mail or other data has been changed in the contract, information should be sent to the e-mail assigned to the account. Streamers are losing money through data leaks, as I am because someone has changed my email to make a payment and Twitch is not willing to do anything about it or give me my money back.

PL: Chcę, aby każda zmiana w umowie była wysyłana na adres e-mail przypisany do konta Towarzysza/Partnera. Na przykład…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. When linking your twitch to your discord, it auto gives subs to subs that have linked their account, now what would be good is that if this also could happen with VIP's!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. fui suspenso indefinidamente sem motivo aparente e estou a 2 meses sem resposta da twitch

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. "Error updating phone number Only mobile phone numbers may be used." This is the message I get when I try to add my mobile phone to my account. I don't know why it wont send me the code. I have had a mobile number for years. Any help would be appreciated

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Problemas con formulario de Afiliado
    Al completar el formulario, en el paso 4 donde se registra la forma de pago, al llegar al ultimo paso y dar siguiente la pagina se actualiza y pide nuevamente verificar la cuenta, y el paso 4 no se completa y asi se mantiene pues no me permite llenarlo ya que llegando al final la pagina se actualiza y vuelve a pedir verificación. Arreglen eso porfa ya llevo una semana desde que consegui el logro de afiliado y no puedo aun llenar ese formulario, y no... no se trata de un problema en los datos…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I tried to reach twitch support, I couldn't find it, but it would be good if you fix the phone verification system as soon as possible because I previously logged into my account with my phone, then I closed that account and opened another account. I want to verify the account, but I can't, please help, I'm starting to broadcast slowly. love

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Connections  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?