Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Account Management: e.g., Login, Connections, Password Reset

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Account Management: e.g., Login, Connections, Password Reset

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. As it currently stands, Twitch Partners are not allowed to request Partner Support to change their alias to anything below 4 characters. I know that I along with multiple other Twitch Partners have ran into this issue when contacting Twitch support to try and remove extra numbers or special characters from our names. It has also been equally as frustrating for me and these other Twitch Partners when these name changes are continuing to be offered to the biggest Partners on the platform, but smaller or mid sized Partners are still rejected when they ask.

My suggestion is to allow…

318 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  Usernames  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. With the ongoing outbreaks of follow and hate bots "raids", the creation of multiple accounts is simply too easy to abuse on the platform. Creating an account on Twitch does not require an authentic email address before using its services: watching content, following a streamer, sending messages in streamers chats, modifying the account details, etc.

Many streamers are being harrassed by bots and "IP Grabbers" by:
    - Mass following streamers with inappropriate names and account details;
    - Mass spamming chats with obscene languages and characters (ex: racism, homophobia, transphobia, nazi, etc..);
    - Having extensions on their user profile which allows…

771 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Signup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The twitch experiment setting my entire account to require a phone number to be verified is flawed. Phones are not secure. I lost my Microsoft account because auth was sent to a phone so I don't trust it now. Some streamers set it, most don't. Don't force false security on us .

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Many usernames are banned on Twitch for no known reason. After a while, those suspended accounts should be released so that content creators can get a chance to use them for their branding. For example, the username "fairy" was made partner before it was banned. It would be very nice if a content creator could have that name.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Usernames  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Many usernames that have been long banned/suspended are names that may be very desirable for creators' brands. Please free up these names after a duration so that creators who resonate with them can have them!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. First of all, good job on implementing non-Authy, non-SMS 2FA!

That being said, there's still a major hole in your 2FA implementation, and that's requiring a user to set up SMS authentication before they can set up other forms of 2FA. Unless I've missed something huge, whenever I try to set up 2FA on Twitch, I get directed to put in my phone number first. There's no prompt I can use to skip this step.

This is completely counter to how a lot of other sites do 2FA, where SMS authentication is an option, not a requirement. You can completely…

107 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  2FA  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I went to change my password today and had my password manager generate a random 100 character password. Twitch said "That password is too easy to guess" and points me at a page that just says it needs to be "at least 8 characters long". I get the same error with length 90 and 80. Through trial and error, apparently 71 is the maximum usable length.

It's unclear why there's a maximum limit, so I'd recommend removing that. Otherwise, the error message should indicate what the actual problem is.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The entire "Help" area is set up entirely on the assumption that everyone comes to Twitch to create content. There is absolutely no support for anyone who comes to Twitch to follow content created by others.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there! 

What kind of content would you like to see added to our Help site? We try to make articles applicable to people who view and create content, but if there is missing content you were looking for I would be happy to share that with our team. 

9. I'd like to comment on something that I think it would be nice to have when changing your username, and what happens is that when you change your name the count on the number of subs you have gifted is reset and it's split in two different usernames (your old one and the new one). And, for instance, in the board of leadership of stream elements which is shown in some channels doesn't appear the total of subs concerning your account, and it's split in two as I said before. So, I think you could do something about that because…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Usernames  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Some people may have old accounts that they had forgotten about. In my case. I have one without the numbers at the end of the name. I recently was able to log into it and would like to have the ability to swap the name with my current account.

If someone can prove they own both of the accounts, it would be nice for some way to swap them. If I change the name of the account with no numbers, there's no guarantee I'll be able to be the one to snag it whenever it gets freed up and that…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I have found a username that appears to be available but is blocked within your system due to an error.

The error shown is: "This user name may be offensive and is not allowed."

I have attempted to report this several times since October and have been met with the same policies regarding recycling and name changes when it does not apply to this situation.

If there is one name that is incorrectly being caught in your filter I'd assume other users may have this problem as well. If a username IS available and IS appropriate for use then I…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Currently, users can change their names once every 60 days and old user names are recycled after at least 6 months. In my experience, it is not uncommon for users to want to switch back to an old name but they have to wait 6+ months to do it. I suggest allowing a user to change their name back at any time within that 6 month period (like https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/310228-account-management-e-g-login-connections-pass/suggestions/42914982-revert-username-change), bypassing the 60 day rename cooldown (but the cooldown would apply after renaming back).

I suggest limiting the 6 month grace period to names with some level of activity (i.e.,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. when I log into my account sometimes it says im on new device or location, but im not, it hasnt moved and i used it earlier today. and then it bugs me for an email code and so forth.
    very annoying. shouldnt happen.
    thanks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. re: https://blog.twitch.tv/en/2021/09/29/securing-your-chat-with-phone-and-email-verification/

The FAQ suggests alternatives to mobile verification, VOIP, et al., are not good enough for verification; i.e., too cheap to spoof.

I'm an affiliate in long standing, can that fact not be verification that I can be trusted not to make duplicate accounts? Twitch has my tax ID, I'm pretty sure that they're pretty sure who I am. I do use Authy (and other online services) for verification, but I do not use cell networks ("mobile").

It makes little sense that Twitch has approved Us affiliates to represent their Terms of Service well enough to pay us, yet…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  2FA  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I use Google Voice for all my mobile needs. I give it out to every service that asks for my mobile number, and then, if they give it out to spammers, I can easily filter them out.

But I can't use my GV number for Twitch - it reports "only mobile phone numbers may be used".

I do not give out the number that goes to my SIM card. It's not necessarily going to be the same number if I switch providers, and literally every text and call I get through it and not GV is spam, because I never…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. My account was "automatically flagged and temporarily blocked to prevent abuse" and now I am unable to chat.

I had not interacted with the channel except to click the follow button prior to this block being applied. To be clear - there were absolutely no messages sent by me to this channel prior to this block happening. I have since sent an unban request, and am still waiting for a response.

My account now displays "Banned on Linked Account" and searching tells me that 'If a user is seeing this message, they have had another account with their phone/email banned…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. we need something where we can see what all devices are logged in so if its not are device we can change are password or to kick that device off are twitch account my friend keeps getting hacked and there's no option to check what devices are logged in.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Connections  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When Twitch Support is asked about the availability of an inactive display name, their response is always something about names being "recycled" eventually and to just keep trying. However, these names are given to new partners who ask for them immediately. I tried to get a particular name for YEARS, and kept getting the same response, but a new partner asked for it and it was handed over to her within seconds.

Suggestion: Be honest with the people who pay the bills.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Having the feature to be able to use frequently used special characters like * & + - for example in usernames. Thank you in advance.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Usernames  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. If you want a username on twitch, which nobody else has, the best way to get it is to try to change it to that everyday and hope and pray that one day in 6 months it becomes available. Surely there can be a better way to handle this, I've seen other games or sites where there's a tool to see when names become available or they'll give you a name shortly after it becomes available

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?