Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Account Management: e.g., Login, Connections, Password Reset

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Account Management: e.g., Login, Connections, Password Reset

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. My account was "automatically flagged and temporarily blocked to prevent abuse" and now I am unable to chat.

I had not interacted with the channel except to click the follow button prior to this block being applied. To be clear - there were absolutely no messages sent by me to this channel prior to this block happening. I have since sent an unban request, and am still waiting for a response.

My account now displays "Banned on Linked Account" and searching tells me that 'If a user is seeing this message, they have had another account with their phone/email banned…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I am in agreement with people requesting a reduction on the time before you're able to change your username. Even if i have to wait 2 months before i can change it to something else, I've tested out my current username, as of posting this, and have discovered i hate it. If you could revert a user name change in the first 24 hours at least, even if i had to wait 2 months until i try again, it would solve a lot of people's problems with it. I also hate how there's no way of testing out a username…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Usernames  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. There seems to be some strange bug that is affecting my channel where the Twitch API is not providing the data correctly on external analytics sites like sullygome, twitchmetrics, twitchtracker, socialblade, Etc. Every analytics site I've tried are not displaying any of my stream data for the past 2 weeks+ of streaming. Not sure if this is somehow affecting my account in other ways on Twitch that I'm not aware of like maybe my viewer count is not displaying correctly. It's such a weirdly specific issue I don't even know how to report it correctly. If Twitch staff can shed…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Why? I don't care about Twitch account security. Stop annoying me

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Login Flow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make it to where a person has 14 days to to reverse their name change but still make them not able to change it again for 30-60 days this will help people who cannot contact customer support to help them with unauthorized name change, or for other reasons has a little bit of time to make sure they actually decided to do it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I've been wanting to change my display name for a while, but every time I tried it gave me a not very specific error for it. Turns out, you can't have the same display name as other people. Why? This is counterproducent for those people who just set their given or family name as display names, so those who wish to put their name as "Tanaka" have to somehow change the spelling of their name to be allowed to have it? That doesn't make sense, the display name doesn't even overrid the normal username, so why do they both have…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Usernames  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. What would be nice is an actual working system or way to submit bug reports without being re directed here by Twitch Staff. Or an option to make a bug report when making a Support Ticket.

Because, even though it says "Help / Report a Bug". There is NO options to select in regards to bug reports.
    https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/how-to-provide-feedback

Here is my bug report too just in case, (Changing password)

Extra Information:
    - United States
    - Vivaldi (Chrome based)
    - Error message = "That password is to easy to guess"

I would also like to add in some extra info about…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Login Flow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Currently as a twitch user, I can click on a "Streamer's Schedule" to see that specific streamers schedule. I would like to have a section called "My Calandar" or "Today's Scheduled Streams" link, along with the other subscriptions, creater dashboard.... sections. On this My Calandar page it would show a calandar day/week/month with all the streamers THAT I FOLLOW. This would give users an easy way to see what I could be watching and/or planning to watch.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When i try to leave my current twitch team it says *unable to remove team membership. Very confused and would like some insight.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Seria bom uma opção de ver os aparelhos conectados e os seus detalhes: como ip, marca, localização e o modo que está conectado ou que tentou entrar, também tendo como renomear o nome do aparelho, assim como tem na Google, eu peço isso, pois invadiram a minha conta e só percebi isso 2 meses depois, e se tivesse isso, não teria rolado essa invasão e sim, eu olhei os e-mails e não tinha 1 indicando que entraram na minha conta

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Signup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Seria bom uma opção de ver os aparelhos conectados e os seus detalhes: como ip, marca, localização e o modo que está conectado ou que tentou entrar, também tendo como renomear o nome do aparelho, assim como tem na Google, eu peço isso, pois invadiram a minha conta e só percebi isso 2 meses depois, e se tivesse isso, não teria rolado essa invasão e sim, eu olhei os e-mails e não tinha 1 indicando que entraram na minha conta

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Signup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. a very useful feature for twitch, cince it has a follower cap of 2000, would be a section for the people we follow and watch. while we have a "notifications" section for who we want to get notified of, we dont have a section that easily allows us to unfollow inactive channels we no longer watch. something as simple as having it in the same format of the notifications but just replace the on/off slider with a "follow/unfollow" button. making it easier to manage and clear out all the people who dont stream anymore or we dont watch as often.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Hello Twitch,

I'd love to request the opportunity for Twitch to explore the creation of a "Cancer Awareness Month" similar to Twitch's other monthly movements such as Black History Month and Women's History Month and highlights the importance of cancer awareness and prevention through resources and donations.

As a cancer survivor, cancer has become an extremely common disease that likely affects a huge population of Twitch's userbase. Creating a month of awareness would be a huge opportunity to showcase huge amounts of creators and their families who are currently experiencing or battling cancer or overcome cancer, an opportunity to provide…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. My YouTube channel was unlink, but it was working completely fine before. I didn't log out or anything of the sort. It was just working the other day, and only stopped working today. IDK what happened, but now I can't relink it. It only shows up with "Make sure the email you used for Twitch is the same as your google account." If anyone has any ideas or know how to fix it, pls let me know.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. This is hateful you are disrespecting us Affiliates, and Partners, we should get the rights since of sharing exclusive VODs (exclusivity rule) with Twitch, and are restricted for 24 hrs to reupload (reuploading someone who is going live often is really difficult), I mean you are already getting huge splits of revenue by us, then you disrespect even our names in cases if someone of us dies?
    Recycle your customers which are non-affiliates, our usernames stay our usernames as so in Steam, and YouTube, just because some ducks disrespect us eagles it does not mean you need to listen to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I feel that it would be a good idea to make it possible to find someone with your desired username, in the case that you want to remove the numbers from your name, ex. (JohnnyCowboy_21 turning into JohnnyCowboy)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Entering a phone number either to verify for chat or entering for 2FA, the code won't send.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When linking your twitch to your discord, it auto gives subs to subs that have linked their account, now what would be good is that if this also could happen with VIP's!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. If you change your username, you should have the option for the old username to become available for grabs instantly, instead of REQUIRING a 6 month wait for the name to become available. It can be useful if you need to swap usernames on accounts, so you don't have to wait half a YEAR just to do so.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. EN: I want every change to contract to be sent to the email address associated with the Affiliate / Partner account. For example, when an e-mail or other data has been changed in the contract, information should be sent to the e-mail assigned to the account. Streamers are losing money through data leaks, as I am because someone has changed my email to make a payment and Twitch is not willing to do anything about it or give me my money back.

PL: Chcę, aby każda zmiana w umowie była wysyłana na adres e-mail przypisany do konta Towarzysza/Partnera. Na przykład…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?