Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

969 results found

1. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The same way you can blacklist and whitelist terms in the chat, it would be useful to be able to whitelist links in the chat. Using a bot for this is not ideal because the links is deleted by the bot and still visible to users with extensions. Messages with links should not be sent at all and some links/domains should be whitelistable

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. In chrome the embedded chat iframe simply displays 'failed to load module'.
    It works perfectly in Edge and Firefox.
    If I open the iframe src ('https://www.twitch.tv/embed/<channel>/chat) directly into a chrome tab - that works. It is only within the iframe that it fails to load.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It would be nice to be able to change the background colour to something more customisable but also so streamers who have difficulty reading chat with only white or black background. It takes those people longer to read and react to chat.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. There have been many times where a follower in chat has asked to be called a certain name, other than their Twitch username. If there is a way that the streamer can assign a nickname to a person in chat, that only the streamer can see, I think that would be helpful and a way to connect even better with regular viewers.

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I would like to have the ability to enable an option where new viewers to a stream can see previous messages posted in chat. There are times when viewers may come into a chat, but have no context, with what the streamer is discussing as they are unable to see previous messages in chat. There are also times where regular viewers may have to temporarily leave the stream, but then when they return only a little bit later, they are unable to see what was previously posted in chat. I know other streaming services, such as YouTube and Mixer, by…

219 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. In notifications it would be nice if you could click a users name who gifted you a sub to whisper them a thank you if you are not in chat at the time

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. So, my issue with Highlighted Messages is that almost all the time they get drowned out by the other messages anyways, especially with larger streamers. The whole point (To my understanding) of highlighted messages is to make them more visible to the streamer, which often doesn't happen for the reason I stated earlier.

So here's how I think this can be improved: Separate regular chat from Highlighted Chat. This way the highlighted messages won't be drowned out. Even though the cost, and by extension the frequency of Highlighted Messages will vary and could be low OR high, it still won't…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When actively chatting or just lurking with a stream in the background, I often miss when I receive a whisper. Please add the option for a notification sound when I receive a whisper

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Whispers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. have options for sound when a person comments in the chat!

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add smooth scrolling on chat (Including VODs). The way chat currently jumps is so annoying as you lose where you were every time it updates

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hello, this is a very minor bug but it confused me for a bit.
    I was trying to get all of twitch's global emotes using v5 api and emoteset 0, everything seemed fine but I've noticed that this emote [oO](|.)[oO] (regex of course- might want to mention it somewhere in docs) that should match either o.o or oo only shows the emote when typing o_o on browser chat for some reason. I can confirm o.o does work on the official android app though. This is very minor and not exactly related to dev but you might still want…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. with the advent of the new mod tools i feel now is the right time to introduce word a replacement for chat. As an example, the channel owner and mods have the option to set replacements so if someone wants to be inflammatory by typing "oi your hair is stupid" the message appears in chat as "hello your hair is super". in the example the word "oi" is replaced with "hello" and "stupid" replaced with "super", this should be case insensitive and have replaced words highlighted so mods can check what was replaced with the original message posted in mod…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. In the past you would see whispers in chat. Then twitch just removed it because Twitch is Twitch and doesn't care. Instead of removing useful features, just give the streamers the option to enable or disable it. It was the most useful thing for me. Bring it back!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Whispers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I'd really love a proper DM system similar to other social sites, group chats, good comms, stable software etc. Personally love Instagram and twitter format, but ours really... sucks. I have ZERO incentive to use Twitch as a means of communication. I run a lot of giveaways for big streamers and have to DM people which usually results in a blacklist because im messaging too many people, hence why I never use whispers and just ask people to DM me on other platforms. I'd love to see reactions enabled, proper linking and formatting, no weird server disconnects, messages not sending/appearing,…

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Whispers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please add a way to see in a list or 2 lists to show who are subs and who are not so that you can see if you want to give subs to the community how many to give, so that you don't give more than can become subs,

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Suggestion:
    Add a way for a user to highlight specific words or users in chat.

Reason:
    I find myself trying to read certain users comments/topics, but they often get lost in the general chat stream. This often happens when the channel has a moderator running the chat portion of the stream while the person on camera is talking. The ability to highlight a user or a certain word would help locate them in a busy chat situation.

Thanks

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. So as a mainly RP watcher. You can quickly see people who jump from stream to stream and be so toxic to the streamers. Not only does this affect the streamers but ultimately everyone. My idea is this

• Have a streamers eyes only chat mode

Right now we have subs only and bans etc. But it doesn't really help people will go on and on about it and fuel it. If only the streamer could see it it would eliminate chat to chat Arguments. And be less toxic. Just a idea but I think it would work wonders. Thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Setting to Hide Progressive Bit Badge and Bits Given Count.
    Similar to Settings in Security and Privacy to Hide Progressive Gifter Badge and Gifts Given Count. This would allow people to still be recognized for their gift when it happens, without that gift being up for all to see for a long period of time for those you like a little more privacy and a little less negative pressure from other viewers.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?