Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

954 results found

1. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Many Twitch channels are essentially podcasts, auditory ASMR, and otherwise are just fun to listen to. Sometimes people will also have multiple streams open in the event of a collaboration and be regularly switching back and forth.

It doesn't make sense to only make a view count on the active tab when people are bound to multitask. I'm sure it is because of advertisers, but ads have audio cues as well. Not to mention, a lot of times the people who will inevitably be multitasking (because who can sit still for a 6+ hour stream) are subs who have shown…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When sending a whisper on the website, the minimized whisper makes the player controls located on the bottom right inaccessible when in theatre mode. This way leaving theatre mode without the keybinds is only possible after closing the whisper. Moving the minimized whisper slightly to the left would resolve said issue

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Whispers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. ¡Hola comunidad de Twitch!

Hay algo que me gustaría que fuese modificada en cuanto al historial del chat. Les dejo un ejemplo:

En la configuración del canal en la sección de moderación existe una característica llamada "Herramientas de moderador en el chat" la cuál si se desactiva, los moderadores no podrán ver el historial del chat de ningún miembro, incluyendo el mío. Y la idea principal de esta publicación, es poder brindar la opción a los titulares del canal (emisores /streamers) de desactivar el historial de mi propio chat, pero no el de los demás.

En ves de desactivar el…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Sometimes a user maybe chatting too fast/too much in a given time frame. I was watching a stream where a single user was constantly chatting and annoying the streamer. The relevancy of their messages decreased quickly overtime.

Would it be possible to add a "Slow down Single User", where after each message the person can not chat for another 60 - 120 seconds. The time should be determined by the streamer. This way, we won't be effecting everyone in chat, and only that single user.

The spaced out messages would hopefully deal with the user thinking about their messages before…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I understand that your shadowban on VPN users is probably in place for legitimate reasons (ie. to prevent people from ruining the chat experience for others with spam accounts and whatnot). However, if I am a VIP in someone's channel, it doesn't make sense for Twitch to interfere with my ability to participate in their chat. It's kind of annoying having to disconnect from my VPN just to talk to some of my favorite streamers. I don't think the streamers would want their VIPs to be unable to chat with them either.
    Again, I'm not asking you to lift the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Some users are cheating by using farms of bots to spam their chat. They are doing this to make real viewers visit their stream, because usually viewers are watching channels where "some action" is happening.
    Real users and advertisers could see this kind of cheating if bots who post via API were highlighted or somehow marked.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Hi hi, i was wondering if we could add CLICKABLE social links, so that you can add your discord,twitter,instagram etc on clickable links in your stream itself (rather than on the about page) , so that people would be more engaged into your socials.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Colored thread would make them easier to identify. Right now the feature isn't very friendly to use, we have to click on a button to reply and/or get full context.
    If the thread messages' background color are all the same we don't have to open it to get full context, we can see it in the chat at a glance.
    And once the thread goes off-screen the color becomes available again for a new thread.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Replies  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Can we get the blacklist settings to where they used to be? it takes longer to get to blacklist and enter words to blacklist now. You now have to go into settings to get to it. Also blacklist no longer hides emotes like it used to. Returning blacklist settings to what it was originally would be really great.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Give Editors the ability to mod and unmod non-editor mods.

Editors should be a role given to an entrusted friend/moderator so they should be able to perform additional tasks on behalf of the broadcaster in the certain events of large streamers not always having time or the ability to manage their chat moderators, thus many streamers put one of their tenured, more trusted moderators to lead the mod team on how to moderate the chat. Among these responsibilities, modding/unmodding should be one of them on behalf of the streamer focusing on growing their brand.

There are certain third party programs…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I'm looking for a better way to identify who is watching my stream currently, I feel like this could greatly help smaller streamers by giving them a way to address people who are lurking and start conversation

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. FIX the Autohost system!
    It hasn't been working for MONTHS now. I want to support my friends and my team, and sometimes I'm not able to send a /host to my own channel.
    My autohost list was carefully made, and it's incredibly frustrating it's not working! Please Twitch, this is important for people that want to support their friends, teams and the communities that they have contact with!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I know Twitch says the feature seemed to cause a decrease in viewership during their testing, but there are so many other factors that can affect that and many streamers who got to try out the chant feature really enjoyed it. I think it’d be better to make it an optional feature rather than remove it entirely, and let people decide on their own if it works for their channel.

586 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. ID display in chat window is unnecessary. Just showing your nickname is enough. (For non-admins) (add setting)
    채팅창에 아이디 표시는 불필요합니다. 닉네임만 보여줘도 충분합니다. (관리자가 아닌 사람들에게는요) (설정 추가)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I really want to change my username color to another custom one, but I can't really afford paying the full price of Twitch Turbo just for that one feature. It would be nice to have the option to pay for that alone for at least a bit less. Of course any other custom change would also need to be paid for.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. In the 'Chat Identity' menu, under the channel identity category where it shows your sub badge, the correct badge is displayed (12 months in my case) but the text says 'Subscribed for 6 months' (which is my sub streak for that channel). This doesn't sound right, as the text is probably meant to descibe how the user earned that bade (by being subbed for 12 months) and not what their current streak is

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allowing all moderators to see when any moderator used /marker in chat would help to prevent confusion as to wether or not a marker was added upon broadcaster request.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It would be nice if a MOD could deleat a messages from himself or another MOD.
    No one is perfect, maybe its a small spoiler or a word that is not fitting for a MOD.
    And sometime the Streamer cant go out of the Stream or would destroy a challange run.
    So it would be nice if a MOD could deleat a messages from himself or another MOD.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. (I deleted my old post because it was hard to understand)

A Welcome message that shows up every time you enter a channel's chat. Not when you click to say something like it does now, but when you first see the chat.

It would include Rules but be more welcoming and flexible.

Examples:

Headline: "Chat Rules"
    Body: (Usual chat rules as they are currently)

Or:

Headline: "AVAST! YE SCURVY KNAVE!"
    Body: "He, she, ye, or they who dare cross this rope bridge to join us aboard the ship shall be cursed if they refuse to follow THESE RULES..."

Or:

Headline:…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Twitch responded

Sadly no update, but I just wanted to say thank you so much for reuploading if you were concerned the first post was too confusing! Means the world when people clarify <3 

• Don't see your idea?