Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

966 results found

1. If a user has a localized display name it will not be possible to use their name to query something from the api since it does not accept non English characters.

The /mods command already returns login names so the /vips command should do that too.

The command also returns usernames sorted alphabetically but when using the twitch web chat the command sorts usernames by the order they were added as a mod/vip so the irc command should match that behavior.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Lets say you are streaming league and you like to interact with chat but u get these bronze/silver players that are trying to coach u and backseat u in the chat and that just makes you angry and tilted.
    if a streamer had a option to filter chat messages by the accounts verified ELO in that game.
    Lets say Thebausffs streams league and he dosent want to read some of the messages lower elo people are typing, he could only FILTER for himself that he wants to only see the messages from a certain elo (lets say D1+)
    but everyone…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. In the stream I mod, we are using the chat restriction feature to prevent trolls from spamming messages. In some case where we see the troll is spamming even if they are in chat restriction mode, we take further action to permanently ban. But since chat history of chat-restricted user appears not being logged, other mods / streamer cannot see the context of ban.

Can we make the chat history of chat-restricted users logged? I'm pretty sure there will be many other scenarios the chat log is going to be helpful for moderating the chat.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It would be really nice to have a TwitchFridge badge for every artist that made it to the majestic and very white TwitchFridge so people will actually know that they are artists and it could be very usefull for small creators as me so actually other artist will recognise them and spread the community.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make the the chat background color a dark shade of purple instead of black and white

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The chat box should have the ability to chime a noise once anyone says something like aim used to work years ago. Obviously if you have tons of chatters messages constantly, this would probably be not used but for small streaming channels who get a few messages per stream, it would be great to hear when someone writes in chat rather than constantly having to look at an empty chat for messages.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I'm using Google Chrome browser. Please type in Korean in the chat box and press the Home key. The cursor will move to the back.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It would be cool to see all the older users who been here at the sites inception and before the rebrands.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. making the name of the moderators anonymous (BY CHOICE) so that when they finish moderating in the channel they can use twitch without being recognized in other channels, it would avoid questions regarding the channel they moderate in etc.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Era super importante a meu ver, que existisse a funcionalidade de podermos ocultar a espada de moderação.

Teríamos um chat mais calmo, menos complicado e respeitado.

Obrigado,
    Bom trabalho.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I have been seeing people saying spell checks from Windows to other Browsers don't work only on Twitch. Starting in April this is happening to lots of people and just a few days ago it happened to me. Please fix this it's obviously an issue with Twitch because none of us are having this problem in other webpages.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. A way to talk to other streamers at the same time if wanted

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. the message used with /announce does not render at all on mobile. If it just didn't highlight then that's one thing, but a mod message that no mobile users can see is worthless.

I was eager to utilize the feature, but without mobile users being able to see the message /announce does more harm than good and I can't use it

132 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The bit text colour on daily, weekly, monthly or all-time leaderboards on Twitch do not remain consistent with the bit badge colours.

Example, the 10,000 bit badge is red, as is the text, this switches to pink at 25,000 bits, however the text doesn't switch to pink at 25,000 but stays red until 100,000 at which point it switches to yellow (which matches the bit badge) but then it stays on yellow forever, no matter how many bits are donated past that point.

I guess when this feature was first introduced that not many people had reached the upper-echelons of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The idea is simple: it a link doesn't start with "http://" or "https://" or other similar handlers, DO NOT automatically convert it into a hyperlink. Because there are people with a busted space bar that can get unjustly purged because the moderation bot is set to catch any hyperlink.

And on the subject, also make the bot-catching system identify fake links once any has been reported.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Guten Tag, ich bin mittlerweile wirklich genervt von diesen Only-Emote-Spams im Chat, weil man den Chat einfach nicht mehr lesen kann. Deshalb wünsche ich mir unten in den Chat-Einstellungen eine Option, womit ich Postings mit nur Emotes ausblenden lassen kann und nur Texte und Texte mit Emotes angezeigt bleiben. Wichtig dabei wäre auch eine Prüfung, die Texte mit weniger Text als Emotes ausblendet. Da es wieder Trolls geben wird, die versuchen werden die Only Emote Funktion auszubooten und ein A vor die Emotes setzten, um andere zu belästigen.

Hello, I'm really getting annoyed by this only emote spam in the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Sometimes when a streamer is in a tournament they have to put the chat in emote only mode or else be considered cheating. This is often done by putting chat in emote only mode. However by default VIP/Mod can still chat as normal during this mode, and a chatter may accidentally enter in chat in a situation where it may be considered that the streamer is cheating. It would be optimal to have stricter enforcement modes for emote only, a boolean toggle for VIP and a boolean toggle for Mod. Or, perhaps we can ignore mod enforcement because these are…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make it possible to set up a personal filter of words. Sentences using that word will automatically no be displayed for me no matter what channel Im in.

Why ?
    Many streams, especially of large streamers are filled with spam that provides no value for me and makes the chat unreadable. Examples are pepelaugh, kekw, lulw, pog etc.
    This is a personal preference and I dont think its realistic that I should need to run around and convince each streamer to ban the words I dont like.
    I also tried blocking all users using those words but they are so…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. My reasoning behind this is that a sword implies offense, as oppose to what mods actually do, which is mostly protect the communities they are apart of. I think this fits better with how Twitch and mods in general feel about their duty.

Suggestions and feedback welcome. :D

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Identity  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The amount of time people have been subbed is pretty common to be found, but I also think it'd be cool if you could see how long somebody has been a VIP, mod, founder, etc. This could be optional to the streamer and/or the person in question (via the current chat settings where the displayed badges are).

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?