Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

972 results found

1. Add a special feature to mods/streamer on chat where you can shoutout a channel, and it will show on top of the chat, like the HypeTrain, giving some emphasis to this channel to be followed when this /shoutout command is used. This will give more opportunity to grow and be noticed to small streamers, when they are shoutout by medium and large streamers. An animated UI with Channel Name, channel profile picture, last game played and a follow buttom will help a lot.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Commands  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When the connection is lost for a considerable time, when reconnecting, a button can be pressed to reload the transmission but the chat keep frozen. The quick solution is to close the chat and open it after a few seconds, but it would be good if the reconnection is detected and the chat reconnects automatically as when the connection is lost for a few seconds.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. We should be able to bold our texts if it’s important

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. As of right now the "USERS IN CHAT" menu displays all usernames in title-case.
    However the "STREAM CHAT" as well as the profile pop-up and profile pages all honor the capitalization set by the user. Referring to usernames that are all lowercase or have specific characters capitalized.

To add consistency in styling and improve readability, I would like to suggest styling the usernames the same way globally (on the entire platform).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. For over a year now, many users have to reload the Twitch page to see new whisper.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Block all links automatically that are not trusted/owned by twitch and make the streamers manually add links they trust to a whitelist for whispers and their twitch chat

Noticed for the past 2 years that there has been active group DDoSing old school runescape streamers with fake lookalike ip grabbing links, like clipstwitch .live, imgur .us, gyazo .nl and yȯutube .com and they dont even get punished for it

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I would like to be able to set up something that auto responds to all of my Whispers with "help.twitch.tv" so I can send them to the delightful and helpful Support staff with the username change they're asking me for.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Whispers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The mod icons are very quick and easy, however a 600 second timeout can be very lengthy. I propose you allow mods to edit how many seconds a user would be timed out if they press that button. How it would work: near the area to turn on mod icons add a feature where the mod could input a number of seconds they want the timeout to be. This would apply to anyone they timeout. Ex: If a mod puts 60 seconds in that area, every time they press the time out button in that chat, a user would be…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Hey,
    i thought about the option to create custom Usergroups in Chats with the option to save comments about a User. That would help creating an onboard Raffle system for CommunityGames and some other stuff with a Gamebalance.

For Example: User XY writes !CMD Valorantelo=2 (silver) Rocketleagueelo=3 (whatever) and the Creator can use it as a filter like !GetNames Valorant_elo=2 to get only user in this area of skill.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Four things TBD to improve how Rules are displayed or dismissed.
    1. Remember whether or not someone has read the rule.
    → The way that Twitch remembers it is via cookies... Which is easily lost and leads to someone being upset if they have to be reminded EVERY SINGLE TIME cookies are cleared and on EVERY CHANNEL they go. At least have the decency to remember it!
    2. Auto-dismiss Chat Rules after some time.
    → Having to manually dismiss every single time can be quite a pain. So instead, add a timer for it to be dismissed automatically based on…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The ability to upload any image to the chat of any streamer, which has a sample duration of about 30 seconds, which by default can only be uploaded by the content creator and channel moderators and which has a filter in case obscene things are uploaded. Images from twitter or any platform could also be shown and displayed as the cover of the Clips in the chat.

This could show in the chat, with command, more personalized badges or a random face of any follower / subscriber that the streamer has previously created, without strictly diverting attention from the broadcast.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. A chat badge to identify yourself in Twitch chat as a developer.

367 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. basically title: allow polls to be created through donations

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Polls  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The automatic link parser is rather overzealous. It currently interprets any sequence of alphanumeric characters, a dot/period, and more alphanumeric characters (with no spaces in between) as a link. As a result, any time someone forgets to put a space between two sentences, or deliberately types something like "notbad.jpg", it gets turned into a (broken) link. Furthermore, if the streamer has link filtering turned on, such occurrences will result in the entire message being blocked when there's no actual reason for it to be.

The link parser needs to be smarter. Maybe make it require either two dots/periods with characters…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. [ESP] Crearía otro Roles para darle a tus seguidores. Por ejemplo: 2 tipos de VIP. (VIP Legendarios/Dorado y VIP Común). O Roles personalizados con un icono custom.

[ENG] I would create another Roles to give to your followers. For example: 2 types of VIP. (Legendary VIP / Gold and Common VIP). Or Custom roles with a custom icon.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I'd like to see a "Safe User Chat List" As it currently is I am being plagues by bot accounts spammers and griefers. I know I can add a few people to VIP and Mod, but those were folks that have occasionally subscribed. This means I no longer get the occasional sub from them. Due to the current griefer/bot garbage I've had to set my chat to subscriber only.

If I had a Safe user Chat-list I could add people to, to allow them to chat then they coudl still donate, and even when not subbed still chat.
    We need…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. There is currently a section for weekly top gifters/cheers. There should also be a section for weekly top rewards winners. This would encourage users to interact with channel points more often and allow users that aren't financially able to get top gifts/cheers to still get to the top of the leaderboards.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please get some community feedback on how this should be added, modifications to chat greatly impact every community.

This idea makes sense, and I welcome and encourage it. This will be useful for mods and broadcasters to easily show they've responded to a question or concern, group bot replies and overall improve the chat experience, but its current implementation is messy. Consider reviewing the user experience that this holds. Although early and only a snippet of what the FrankerFaceZ maintainer has done, here is a prime example of a much better integration you could have:
    https://twitter.com/SirStendec/status/1293255682070913027

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Replies  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please make it possible for streamers to have chat go from top to botton, or bottom to top.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When replying to users, an individual is required to remove their hand from the keyboard to the mouse to click on the message of the user.
    For a smoother replying experience, more in-line with the current practice of using '@', I would suggest offering '@@[user]' to reply to the thread containing the last message of that user. If there is no last message, this would default to '@' behaviour.
    This update would improve accessibility for users that have difficulty using a mouse and also facilitates ease-of-use for those without accessibility requirements. Overall I believe this would improve the utility of,…

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Replies  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?