Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

954 results found

1. Moments is a feature that Twitch released as a Beta to a handful of creators. Whenever something cool happened in your stream, you could give out a "Moment" to those who were there to witness it. Twitch just announced they are discontinuing it as of October. I'm writing this to ask you to reconsider.

The Moment was a clip that was created when you gave the command, and allowed for some minor editing. Anyone who claimed the moment would also receive a badge, and the more moments you claimed, the more your badge evolved over time. You could even click…

4,281 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. For give aways sometimes important.
    The messages which sometimes contain sensible personal data like addresses or phone numbers for tracking sending and tracking purposes should be deletable/erasable.
    It could get very ugly if a streamers or a mods account would get hacked and a bunch of personal data gets leaked or stolen.

436 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. As a Minecraft streamer, the Minecraft community recently with servers like QSMP bridging different speaking language communities with live translation, there are a lot of different communities crossing paths for the first time! The only issue is, many streamers (including myself) only speak 1 language, and the mods also speak one language, so any messages of other languages get deleted, as the streamer can't read them and the mods can't moderate them, so it would be AWESOME to be able to be able to see a live translation in chat! This could work by each individual person setting their preferential…

174 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. As of today's announcement as TwitchCon Las Vegas 2023, Twitch has changed it's simulcast policy.

It states: ..."do not use third-party services that combine activity from other platforms or services on your Twitch stream during your Simulcast, such as merging chat or other features"...

In other words, embedding YouTube or TikTok chat into the live stream is not allowed.

I think this will hurt the industry, as other platforms may follow these rules as well, making it less likely to embed chats in live streams.

As third-party developer i see that embedding Chat in live streams is a core feature…

114 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hype Chat is just an attempt to take a cut of standard non-bit tips, and is ripe for abuse by bad actors paying to pin harmful messages.

I propose the following changes:

1) The existing reactive moderation tools are not good enough; add a setting to make all hype chats go into the mod queue for approval.

2) Allow a channel to completely disable the hype chat feature.

3) Change revenue split to 100/0 in favor of the streamer.

147 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Hype Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Twitch doesn't support long top level domains.
    Like https://twitch.productions/

Could we please fix this?

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. This has been a great new feature that Twitch has added recently that has helped so many people gain new followers.

One thing that I think its lacking is a queue system. I understand that the shoutout needs to have a cooldown but often times multiple raids come in at the same time and being unable to shout out both people means that one gets the shoutout and we forget to do the other one when the cooldown is up. Even adding a queue system of up to 5 streamers would be extremely helpful in making sure everyone gets the…

375 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Commands  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I think a lot of people might agree with this and I think this is a good idea but not sure if its possible..
    But hear me out....

what if it was possible for all streamers having an option to have an auto language translate?

Pro:
    - People that doesnt know how to type in english, will be able to type anything on their own language and then when u send it/ maybe before send it, will translate it to english.
    - you as a stream watcher, be able to join other content creators chat that is not in english,…

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. DinoDance was the best global animated emote twitch had.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Make daily, weekly, monthly and permanent usernames appear with animated bar to benefit the creator and followers

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    More Info Needed  ·  Ana responded

Can you please clarify this request? Sorry, but we weren't able to figure out what it meant. Please provide a bit more detail. Thank you.

11. So after years of chatting to others in whispers with no complaints Twitch is now trying to make me verify my account for some strange reason which I will not do as you have not proven yourself safe with personal data and I also do not wish to give you my phone number etc. This is a gross overstep for little gain as people who want to contact people in whispers to be awful or create fake accounts can just create new accounts with fake numbers or some such not to mention phone numbers that are not accepted by twitch…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Often I see someone's chat message and I just want to react with an emoji/emote, but replying and tagging the user with just an emote isn't really the same and can get spammy, especially with multiple reactions from different people. This is DEEPLY ingrained in Discord culture, and seeing your message get several reactions is quite rewarding.

Attaching the reaction to the chat message would increase engagement and decrease spam. It would also increase the value of unique channel emotes by adding new contexts for their use.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Live Chat translation. I understand there is a variety of languages out there that people speak and only certain channels will allow x amount of languages due to chat moderation and such. But it would be a cool feature for mods to be able to use or for chat users/streamers to be able to interact with the community more! Instead of just saying we don’t allow that language or so the user doesn’t have to translate it using a 3rd party app. Ik there is extensions you can use but would be nice feature for twitch to have. Amazon did…

139 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When someone does a shoutout and it appears on a streamer's dashboard that they were shouted out on, it would be amazing if we could click on that dashboard request and jump to that part of their vod automatically. Sometimes, someone shouts us out and we are not on Twitch at the time. It would be very helpful to see what they said and to check them out. This is particularly useful if we have not been introduced before.

This could also be helpful to go back in after people raid as well to make clipping easier if the reaction…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Hello,

My suggestion involves a small rework of the current broadcast time (stream uptime). I think it would be nice to separate it by category and then display the total uptime, for example:

[Game Icon] 1:30:00 [Game Icon] 1:00:00 [Total] 2:30:00

It doesn't necessarily have to be shown directly on the stream interface; it could be displayed as a tooltip on mouse hover or when clicked. This way, viewers could see how much time the streamer has been playing or doing activities in a specific category.

I have created an example image for reference (tooltip on mouse hover)
    https://i.imgur.com/9gBMtci.png

Apologies…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I'd love to see an ability to pin multiple chat messages as sometimes there are a few relevant things going on. In some cases it requires a bit too much to put in one message which makes it harder to pin the relevant stuff, which either requires a sacrifice of what to pin and what to mention regularly or to flip back and forth between what to have pinned, neither of which is optimal.

My idea is that with pinning multiple messages you'd be able to choose a priority of it too so the viewer could either flip between the…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. So... Youtube's chat is a disaster and you decided to copy the WORST feature they have? Why not...

AT LEAST, show the username on top of the chat instead of 2 letters+amount. What is the point of having "An 600€" pinned for 5h on the chat... At least having a pinned nickname is something. (I swear, amount does not have to be pinned)

BTW, this is not a good feature...

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Hype Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Create a new "Raid message" field as part of the "Edit Stream Info" area. If filled out and saved, activate a new button on the landing page for the raided streamer so that raiders can click it to paste the message into chat and immediately send it with one tap. Include this button for the streamer as well.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I suggest showing messages higher than +999

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Card  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. BTTV/FFZ/7TV all have that option to resize the font of the Stream Chat, as well as an option to make emotes bigger or smaller on the client, all on the client side.

This would be a very welcome change as a lot of details on emotes are often lost, or become much harder to read with how smaller they become otherwise.

This is also a good accessibility upgrade for those with poor sight like I have or those playing Twitch on bigger screens, as the main font in twitch chat is much harder to read otherwise.

I do know that…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 47 48