Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. A button you press in Twitch Dashboard when you are offline that makes it so that you enter the testing mode. In testing mode, you can see your stream as if someone else was but without actually going live to the public. To show that you are in testing mode all the Twitch stats Will change to say "Testing mode". You will be able to see bitrate stats and change how your channel looks. It would also be cool if you could get a shareable link that you could give to your friend so that he can see what it…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. So me and my friend have been wanting to play together on stream but she is an adult and I am a minor so due to you guidelines we have not been able to could this please be changed abit like you have to be over thirteen or something for it to be allowed because if you can watch it what is the difference. There really is not one so you contradict you own rules when you allow minors to watch someone curse but then when you go to play with them they get in trouble it just make no…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Community Guidelines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Sufrí la expulsión de un Chat al que frecuento y el moderador me dijo no fue él sino algo que hizo Twitch. Escribí la palabra"Negril" que es una playa que está en Jamaica. Negro tiene muchos significados, es un color, es un apellido, y también puede ser una palabra racista por supuesto así que traten de ajustar el robot para que vea el contexto.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Recently I was botted with 4.4k bots following my account. Now, I have a new idea to have a follower cap set by the creator, or a setting to require the creator or a moderator to allow you to follow.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ever since July we had to scale down Automod to (lowest) on chat to lowest filtering, and yet the chat language German the automod manges to find and put serval perfectly normal words as held for review... As potential slurs...

For example:
    - Every chat message containing "wenig / weniger" the German words for "few and fewer", "Kleinigkeit" the German word for "small thing", "Abonent/Abonement" the German words for "Subscriber and Subscription", "eine große Anstrengung" German for "a big effort"

Is there any hope of Twitch connecting the set stream language to the the strictness Automod?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Automod  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Log who wrote denied messages by Automod or who ran against the Automod Blocked Words list Moderation View...

By the current design you see:

• what was denied/permitted after moderator review.

What you should see:
    - who wrote it...

Taken it is a 10 mins old throw away account: The user gets away unbanned and unreported

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. As a moderator I usually use keyboard all the time in Twitch Chat. In Mod-View there is no option to trigger anything different than the default 10min timeout by mouseclick. As a "Chatty" user I am used to bind keyboard shortcuts for actions like Ban [b] / Unban [u] or /timeout 1 [1] /timeout 300 [2] and so on. It would be much easier to get anything similar in Mod-View when a moderator opens the user card.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. For the protection of streamers and to ease the duty of mods, it would be helpful to have some type of account grading system in place. For instance, users who have a history of being banned from channels will have a particular account grade assigned to their account.

This account grade will be viewable when a user in chat and/or a mod clicks their user name in chat.

For example, let's use account grades A-F.

Of course a healthy account that hasn't received any account bans from any channels throughout the entire Twitch platform will receive an A grade.

Accounts…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It would be good to have an option of a 'sort by' on the lists of "Username", "Added by" and "Time Banned".

When you go to your "Banned Users" list (Dashboard > Preferences > Moderation > Banned Chatters) the bans are in a totally random order. This makes it harder to sort out the list.

This will make it much easier to find a banned user, sort out your moderator team and see when you have the most bans, etc.

Thank you for reading and I hope this feature can be added, to give us streamers more flexibility.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Hosts do not show up in mod view activity feed despite there being a checkbox to enable/disable them.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. . Commenting Anti Abuse

-channel owner MAC Blocking controls
    : platforms should allow channel owners to have controls, where thy can see username to MAC address allowing them to block/unblock accounts-MAC Pairs.

-Protected Chat
    Channel who opt-in to have their chat protected,will have the controls to approve/revoke the user-MAC Pair globally and the platform would remember the decisions, so channel owners wouldn’t have to approved after each stream.

-Highlight Known Banned Accounts
    Accounts who have been allowed back from a previous Platform ban or who have been channel banned from another channel should be highlighted in the chat for a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Recently there was a change in the permaban system so when you permaban a person he can't see chat anymore. I understand that this is added to prevent harassment and stalking, but I think it's not fair, what does his typing something bad in chat has with his reading the chat? If he violated rules by typing something inappropriate, I just ban him from typing, that's only fair, but I don't want to ban him from reading. It's not only unfair but also encourages people to create alternative accounts to be able to read chat again while they could stay…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add a set cooldown from following to unfollowing as it sucks when someone follows to only get noticed by the streamer and thanked to then immediatly unfollow. People do this often on my stream, they follow me, I say thanks and a few moments later then unfollow.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Lately, these bans attacking everyone are complicated.

What if they create a way for users who are watching streaming to confirm the bans?An example: Suppose I am watching a stream where the creator of the content does something that will upset me, in which case I request a ban confirmation for all other users who are watching the same stream, and if the percentage rate is in favor ban, the ban is approved by the majority.What do you think? Fair enough?Note: Please, if you like the idea, don't take it for yourself. I await an answer.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Enforcement Types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. To help with the new stuff coming with banning people it should have an optional feature to require an account to view a stream. And to go further to set the level of account i.e. required just an account, require an account with a verified email, require the account to be at least x hours/days old.
    That way those people we've banned cannot just sit there logged out stalking us.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make automod phrases to work only, when the channel is online or offline or both. (Add a checkbox next to the phrases)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Automod  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Ignoring users can be very useful to remove negativity from your chat experience. Right now, it is not possible in chats you moderate. Surely it is your task to see negative things and remove them, but sometimes there are people, who are not an issue for chat in general, but for you personally. It would be great to have a switch or command (e.g. /fullignore) to remove these users from your chatting experience once and for all. This could then also remove them from being listed as recommended stream and similar situations.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Instead allow mods to ban for 24hours
    Only the broadcaster can permanently ban users

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Enforcement Types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. For months upon months now I have been facing an issue with an increasing number of bots engaging in View Botting, Host Botting, and follow for follow economies, as well as a startling amount of Analytic Data gathering. It's absolutely disgusting that some of these bot channels are allowed to affiliate, and in one or two extreme cases (Hello, Commanderroot.) even are partners. It's frankly horrifying to me to see the analytic ones allowed to exist specifically.

We need an ability to remove these things from our channel completely. Banning a bot doesn't do anything if it's still allowed to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Over the last few years there have been more and more of these fake viewers popping into my streams that just sit there and do nothing, they're bots, they don't chat they don't follow they don't do anything but take up space and make it harder to see where my real viewers are. Its tiring and frustrating to know these bots even exist, I want them gone!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?