Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add channel point completion/refunds to the activity feed.

Occasionally a new or not paying attention mod may complete/complete all/refund/refund all without realising that was the wrong action or the redemption has not been completed.

This allows the moderator to go back in the queue and let the broadcaster know what was completed by accident etc.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 18+ Tag or Filter

Since there is a lot of interest in allowing nudity on Twitch with games and art, it would be best for them to implement a proper 18+ filter or tag allowing the user to clearly see. The mature warning you receive before watching the stream is mostly ignored, so adding some restrictions for users under 18 would help a lot with future streams.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. There should be two different accounts. One for streamers and one for viewers. I noticed most streamers tend to flirt more with other streamers. This distracts the audience. There should be a new rule streamers can't view other streamers. Raids should be random not chosen. If this is going to happen. Safety reasons for women streamers being lurk by older male streamers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Community Guidelines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ich bin Moderator in einigen Streams und mir ist es leider schon oft passiert, dass wenn ich eine Nachricht löschen oder den User timeouten wollte, genau in dem Moment der Chat eine weitere Zeile nach oben rutscht und ich den falschen User erwische und ich diesen zu unrecht bestrafe.
    Wie wäre es wenn man als Moderator über den chat hovered, und der Chat dann stoppt/freezed damit das Problem nicht mehr auftaucht.

Ich hoffe ich konnte meine Idee gut erklären und würde mich freuen wenn sie eines tages umgesetzt wird.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I see a lot of streamers doing these "Unban Appeal" stream on their channel as "content". While the streamers and viewers may think this is an entertaining for content, it is often very toxic for the community.

The person got banned for a reason for breaking TOS or either not appropriate for chat, and their chat texts were deleted by moderators. Do we really need to revisit their toxic comments on stream again and display their chat or read it out aloud again? These comments were deleted for a reason right?

Most of the time, this becomes Harassment and Bullying…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Community Guidelines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I'm so sick of streamers getting permanently banned (indefinite suspension) after 1 thing and never getting anything back from twitch as far as an explanation or response to an appeal. I have seen people lose their passion and dream over the ridiculous moderation and support team. There is no reason people should be waiting 5 months for a response from twitch.

Just recently my fiance was banned for something that he blatantly didn't do. He was banned for BAN EVASION when he never even had an account before the one that was banned. It's absolutely ridiculous.

I continue to lose…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Suspension Appeal Flow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. La opción de que los mods del canal puedan hacer clips, ya que la mayoría de los streamers deshabilitaron la opción de hacer clips para prevenir el DMCA pero hay momentos graciosos o importantes donde no hace falta un clip, y no que el streamer lo haga y pierda el tiempo haciéndolo, seria muy útil que habilitaran esa funcion :D

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. A lot of the time, users get banned for saying things that could be considered hateful or homophobic in Deere's chat, but it's hard to process an unban request because there is no real context around what was said.

It would be nice to be able to be able to click a message in someone's chat history and be able to expand the rest of the chat around the time the user said said message.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Can we possibly get a feature that Mods/Editors of a channel can use to hide certain extremely toxic comments from the Streamer?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. For quite some time, I've been a mod of a channel that has been receiving harassment from people, they arrive with fake accounts (wich nicknames are obviously written to disturb the chat) and follow the channel for their name to be noticed, and it's no use to ban these accounts if they keep coming with new fresh-made fake/bot accounts.

If they are banned they can keep watching the stream and follow the channel which is kind of useless. A way to prevent these people to return needs to be worked.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Often a user in chat will post an objectionable message which the streamer and moderators miss: there may be an offensive meaning which is objectionable but cleverly concealed and a violation of channel-specific rules, for example.

I suggest adding a "flag" icon that works very much like the existing Reply button on every chat message whereby people in chat can select another chat message and post a reply message into chat which will be visible to channel moderators, chat bots with moderator status, and the streamer, Only, and non-moderators cannot see the reply.

This way there would be a safer…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Pepe the frog emoji needs to be removed, and all streamers promoting far right conspiracy theorys and inciting violence. There are multiple streamers who's content mostly consists of streaming the extreme Trump rally's and ramping up thousands of viewers. That being said pepe the frog is a symbol of white supremacists and your platform allows it to be a freaking emoji it makes me sick. If no actions are taken I will be moving forward with a mass petition on all social media forms. Informing everyone how twitch has been contributing to all this hate and anger and lies.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Streamers have been getting away with little to no punishment for things that aren't even allowed on this platform when others (male and female) streamers have been punished more severely for less. We need to make it fair for everyone no one should get special treatment no matter how big their streams or who they are.

Male, female, and all genders should be dealt with equally no one should violate guidelines and reveal naked body parts and get a slap on the wrist, some people can take that as ****** harassment.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I occasionally see streamers who promote therapy or claim to have mental health issues, when they really are not qualified to be involving themselves in such matters. Even worse are the situations where it's clear (or it cannot really be verified) that a streamer is claiming to have a problem, just so they can solicit for subs/donations/boost their social media presence.

I think the topic of mental health is just too personal and risky for someone with no background in treating mental illness (or appears to be pan-handling) to be discussing on their channel. I think beyond telling a viewer…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Hello Twitch!
    I've recently heard the wonderful news that you're banning derogatory language such as 'simp' and 'incel'. This means a lot to me, since it’s obviously very harmful language, but I feel you're leaving out a big offender with those cases. I would be happy to see people stop using 'noob' to insult people. It is in all circumstances used offensively, making people not want to play the game. Personally, I have been called this many times, even when I haven't been a new player in a game. It always hurts my feelings and it cuts really deep. Some…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Words. Language. The way in which we communicate our thoughts and feelings. Twitch seems to want to continue to ban more and more words. When does it stop? What does Twitch look like in 2024? Can anyone say anything without being in fear of being banned? How long do big streamers stay on a platform that curbs their freedom to express themselves? I simply inquire where it stops.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Usually if you want draw or build something, there is good chance for some time, nude parts can visible. Especially 3D modelling, you must sometimes zoom in for good detailwork, but yeah, some avatars starts naked and then slowly covered with clothes.

Of course we dont play with nude parts, its part of building process. Hope ToS can makes it clear and allow the artwork with drawings and 3D work.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Twitch needs an algorithm similar to tiktok or YouTube to reccomend creators to viewers based on analytics. To improve visibility and exposure for new content creators. Also we need an appeal process for dmca and other reportable offenses such as offensive and racially insensitive languages. Its not uncommon for other player in game to use such language or have loud music coming in through their microphones. Conduct not originating from the creator should not be grounds for community guidlines violations.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. A lot of my reports are a big deal because the same 3 people keep harassing and telling terrible things to a child that is in my stream. And they go about there way to follow said child to streams to harass. What will be done so this doesn't happen in the future.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. So far every single unban request I've gotten so far has been something fairly toxic (a vague insult, a racial slur, etc). I don't want to deny these requests, because doing so will notify the user and I don't really want them to know that I even looked at their request. But I also don't want them to just sit there forever, the more toxic requests there are the less I actually want to look at the thing at all, which eventually will pretty much completely defeat the point of having unban requests in the first place.

I'd like to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?