Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1125 results found

1. I dont understand why do you ban people who did not break terms of service? I can see girls streaming pools , hot tubs and beaches every day and its okay on twitch so why do you ban affiliate streamers who want to do the same? you literally destroy someone´s career just because of people who send fake reports and then streamer gets ban and has to wait for long time . i think this is not okay. why dont u ban someone when you know that they broke terms of service? this is not fair at all .

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. This might not be within twitch's power, but perhaps some kind of SWAT safety database made available specifically for law enforcement. Just something for law enforcement to reconcile an accusation (swat worthy) against streamers, as they are easily targeted. I acknowledge this is a rare event, however this seems like a small overhead to implement

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please add a function to ban bots that spam in one single sentence. Let this function work together with the delay in sending a message to the chat (from about 3 seconds or more), it will not apply to emoticons (at the streamer's choice), so that you can configure the restriction to check words in potential spam bots (for example: from 2 words or more), distinguish between the use of signs, CAPSLOCK, and other minor nuances. The larger the range of words for checking potential bot messages, the greater the delay should be at the time of sending the message…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When a channel that has never broken TOS before suddenly gains a mass amount of viewers, streams in catagory never used before on the channel and spams malware links this really should be a red flag for bumping indefinite suspension appeals up the list for that user, between the amount of people being hacked vs the amount of people getting themselves suspended, the wait times are still sorely lacking for those facing issues not of their own cause, the appeals system simply does not have any support, many stream to support themselves financially but also for their mental health and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. If a producer gives permission to use your music on stream, you should be able to let twitch know so your videos/clips dont get muted by submitting proof that you were given permission from the peoducer of said songs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. There needs to be an elevated level of reporting that covers death threats, threats of violence and threats to children that don't just receive "notification" that action has been taken. Rather they are able to directly and immediately chat with someone at twitch support to ensure that such threats are resolved immediately. There needs to be a way that twitch can give feedback to streamers to make them feel like they are able to receive actual help.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please add a way to contest a system forbidden word in some languages.

Example : In french, the title "ça va péter !" (which means "it's gonna explode !") is not compliant I don't understand why. I would like to be able to inform Twitch that there is no problem with these words.

Funny : I tried to change to other things, but even "Peter" does not pass. Is Peter a forbidden word in some countries ? Are Peter Pan, Peter Falk and Peter Jackson banned from Twitch ? And this is just an example, there are many other words…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Greeting:

Please help restrict IRL streamer in Taiwan during serious Covid-19 epidemic.

Currently Taiwan suffers very serious Covid-19 epidemic, which causes daily new case of 80000~100000, and about 50 death.

Our government didn't restrict any outside activity, which lead people still walking and eating outside, include IRL streamer.

Please help restrict IRL streamer, because their behavior might potentially encourage people stay outside and most important, their might spread virus.

Please consider this suggestion seriously, thanks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow us to stream music in the background of our twitch streams. Creators on PC can have music playing yet when I try to on my ps4, I’m not allowed to! Surely it would make sense to allow us to as well, as it could improve some viewer experiences and create a better vibe and idea of what our channel is like for those who watch our streams.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. One of my recent streams was muted due to "Copy written music" I have been using this same music for over a year now as it is royalty-free music. The song It was referencing was uploaded on Jan 1st of 2022. When I've been using it since 2020. They should confirm the upload dates of the song supposedly being copy-written and confirm those songs are not themselves stolen.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. With my other account I got a notice from Twitch saying my account was suspend for asking for sexual favors. That is a lie. Twitch can you please stop accusing people unless there is no proof.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hola buenas noches me comunico desde argentina para hacer una consulta sobre musica con copyright, tood el tiempo me sale la notificacion y literalmente escucho musica SIN COPYRIGHT... Nose si sera un bug, o que tipo de musica esta permitido escuchar.
    escucho musica sin copyright para twitch literalmente adjunto link
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nlq-icv8xfI

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Any game streamed with similar music to real life such as Sim 4 were it is real songs but in simish should be reviewed by humans and not Audio detecting software before being flagged/muted. I have spoke with EA and they have no issue with the use of their music on streams so it is purely a Twitch issue.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Just a FYI no need to mute tripwire games such as killingfloor 2, they have a policy and Twitch streaming is okay.

https://www.tripwireinteractive.com/#/gameplay-and-related-videos-policy

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Would like clarification regarding suspension evasion policy specifically: "In addition, it is prohibited to use your channel to knowingly feature or advertise a suspended user."

IRT Political Twitch content there are accounts showcasing the YouTube content of banned streamers but are saying they're making "transformative content" out of it so it's essentially not violating that rule. That'd be fine but I can't find that loop hole in the policy anywhere, and I'd like to do this myself for "push back/debunk" segments on my own streams. Clarification would be helpful.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. A quick tool to add blurr to selected sections of a VOD. Currently we have to download the entire vod, edit in 3rd party software and then upload again.
    Unpublishing the video removes it from recent streams for viewers that missed it.

If we had an option to blue selected portions of the video in the editor that add security options to streamers.

I'm editing a 3 hour VOD just to blue out 30 seconds of a screen that shows my address...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make it possible as streamer to make a deal with stim. A Stim deal is cheap and the biggest streameras (I not big) Have the money to bought a deal.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Twitch mutes our VODs, then takes an extremely long time to clear them, yet doesn't clear ALL of that streamer's VODs using the same song. That's problematic for those of us who have purchased a license to use songs yet keep getting muted for the same songs over and over again.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I think it is time to deny API access to all unverified bots/extensions. Malicious users are creating bots that are using the API to target streamers when they go live by hate raiding, follow botting, and now spamming other channels with malicious stream advertising messages in an attempt to get their targets banned.

All of this goes away by requiring bots and extensions seeking to be added to the platform go through a review process.

If Twitch doesn't have the resources to properly staff such an effort, crowdsource the review process.

Something must be done, doing nothing is no longer…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Clear guidelines for performing classical piano pieces that are in the public domain

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?