Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Badges/Emotes

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Badges/Emotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

611 results found

1. Last month twitch gave all affiliates 5 emotes slots, which is awesome!! However, when they gave these 5 emote slot out, I noticed the loss of the progression bar on the bottom the subscriber emote section. In the past when an affiliate would get 50 sub points twitch would an additional emote, then 65 sub points another emote... so forth and so on... I recently reached 71 sub points and I would love to give my community more subscriber emotes but I am limited now with out the tier progress bar. I think this is a great incentive for an…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Animating the emblem would be a great idea, as the current ones are a bit boring. The chat would be more beautiful and attractive.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When putting the Hype Train Emotes on the Help pages, could you add an image map so that hovering over each icon will give its chat phrase. This would allow people the option to type each one into chat to work out what ones they do or don't have without trying to look at the smaller icons in chat interface.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Emote Slot For Only Founders

The founder badge is great for when a subscriber is currently subbed but giving them one permanent emote slot as a perk would be great. Recently Twitch has added follower emotes, and animated emotes for affliates. I think this would make a great addition to the recent emote accessibility expansions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Emote modifications are cool. I think most of us agree that adding sunglasses to a teacup is a feature that this platform desperately needs. But you know what'd also be awesome? Being able to put an emote inside a speech bubble! Shrink the emote slightly, add a bubble around it, and have a "talking about X" modified emote!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. By default, the chat embed shows a "Animated Emotes can be disabled in Settings" message. It shouldn't. It's confusing for every chat members. It just just be a text box and the messages. This message could animate in when the first Animated Emote is shown, not before that.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. This happens in Firefox and only with official animated Twitch emotes. BTTV animated emotes do not reset each time a new chatter uses them. This has been happening for a few days now and is negatively affecting the chatting experience.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. As a member of the LGBTQA+ community, I feel it’s needed that you update the LGBTQA+ emotes, as for the lesbian flag needs to be changed to the new lesbian flag, and more flags need to be added, such as the Omni ****** flag, poly ****** flag, Demiboy flag, Demigirl flag, Demi ****** flag, agender flag, genderqueer flag, and many more

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I really wish we could get more heads-up BEFORE new slots unlock. My emote artist is my spouse, who already has a full time job, so it takes them a while to create. Meanwhile, I look super unprofessional to my viewers having all these empty emote slots. Really hate how you just drop these things on us with almost no lead time!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Users are able to hide specific badges already (Twitch Prime, Turbo, Bits, ...) but what about Moderator Badges?

The reason for this suggestion:
    In smaller streams (new) chatters might get scared if moderators post messages.

So I see 2 potential ways this could be achieved:

1. Only visually disable the mod badge (keeping the moderation actions in-tact)
    2. Allow moderator to go into "non-moderation mode" - in this mode, the moderation actions are not available and they are like a normal chatter

In both cases moderators should still show up in the Moderator List (/mods).

Recently Twitch added a "Mod View" into…

531 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. self explanatory, so many of my friends complain that they missed it just due to luck of the draw or weren't on twitch at the time. It's a lot of people's favorite emote

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Having extra emote slots unlock based on your Sub Badge would incentivise maintaining a subscription for long periods of time, and will increase the amount of people who maintain a subscription to a channel. This would work in a similar way to Bit badge emote rewards.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Recently, a streamer I moderate got spam botted, we did our best to disable chat to prevent it any further (Enabling emote only, follow only at the max time, and slow mode at the max time) but still couldn't stop them. I think it would be really good for twitch to add a "Disable chat" option for mods and streamers alike.

Edit: Fixed some grammar/spelling errors to make it easier to understand

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow people who have gifted subs and thrown bits to create their own emotes to use in any channel. It gives people more incentive to give. So the Creator AND Viewer are rewarded.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. There has been a lot of drama and harm spawning from this new system for the PogChamp emote so far so I have a suggestion:

Stop micro-managing and just give us the tools to choose ourselves.
    Take a lesson from BTTV and allow us to choose channel specific global emotes instead. All drama about this should vanish.

• Give every affiliate and partnered channels a certain amount of custom Global emotes.
    • Normal channels should get at least a minimum number of slots for the most important ones like Pog, Hype, Rip, Love/Heart.
    15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. would be nice to be able to upload your own versions of these badges to fit a theme the broadcaster may have.

240 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I think it would be great for people who go above and beyond with the support with Tier 2 and Tier 3 subscriptions to get more for their sub aside from just 1 additional emote, so I think it would be good to have "Evolving Emotes" So for example say if you had Charmander themed emotes as your tier 1 slot. A Waving Charmander Tier 1 Emote would become a Waving Charmeleon at Tier 2 and a Waving Charizard at Tier 3. If you have a Tier 2 or Tier 3 subscription you could choose which of these 3 would…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. If you gift 100 subs and they run out, your badge disappears forever unless you gift a sub every month. But if you gift 1 bit, in 5 years you will still have that (ugly) bit badge. That sounds unfair to me. Make the sub gift badges permanent, or make it so that it will stay 1 month for every sub gifted (so for 10 gifted subs get the 10 gift subs badge and keep it for 10 months).

721 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. What a magnificent kitty, may he live of through us, the community.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Sometimes we want both badges to appear (founder and subscriber badge). It could be nice if both can appear at the same time and specifically if founder looks like a flair on the main subscriber badge.

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?