Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Badges/Emotes

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Badges/Emotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

611 results found

1. It would be useful if the following values could be added to each emote:

• Channel Name (e.g. "owner name") - Obviously the name can be retrieved from the "owner id" by doing another API request, but it would be nicer to require fewer API requests
    • Tier - The "Get Channel Emotes" endpoint already contains a "tier" value, it would be nice if this one would also have it

Additionally, not all emote sets appear to be supported by the endpoint. For example the following emote sets (from the "emote-sets" tag and also valid emote sets in the v5 "Get User…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Emotes are a key part of twitch, to the point that you can often convey more with just a certain emote than with a message.

Many people would love to see emotes displayed in the maximum size in chat.
    I'm guessing there are probably some limitations in in-line emote display tied to text pixels or something (either for practical reasons or esthetic reasons)...
    ...but some platforms have a solution for this, and I'm hoping it can be implemented on twitch.

In Discord, in-line emotes are displayed small, similar to Twitch, however, when ONLY emotes are used, they are displayed at…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It would be nice to know approximately how long we will have to wait for some of these new features to rollout for affiliates. With the follower emotes I waited months (checking my emotes section daily) to see when they would unlock as I already had emotes waiting. Now I find the same thing happening for animated emotes. I rushed some animated emotes hoping I would have them immediately and I am now in the same cycle checking daily as I have no way of knowing when my channel will actually get the slots.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Many artists work hard on emotes for themselves or other streamers and so much detail is lost when sizing down to 28x28. It's incredibly disheartening. Please make 56x56 the minimum size and abolish 28x28 entirely.

122 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Living in a legal state for marijuana, you should be allowed to have banners, emotes, etc with marijuana related themes. It's a fun way to connect with your chat, whom will enjoy the art and emotes. It harms nobody. You guys allow people to do drinking/drunk streams which is much worse than smoking by far, and we all know that. ~ On that note. We should allow emotes and things like that to have a marijuana related theme.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Because follower emotes can only be used in the channel which they are unlocked, it would make sense to let follower emotes be shaped like individual letters, since those emotes aren't able to be used elsewhere to circumvent chat rules.

Personally, I have wanted to have Tetris-related emotes for some time, but because the pieces are letter-shaped (LJSZTOI), I cannot reflect this significant part of my channel. I understand why these emotes can be harmful on other channels, but when they are restricted to just my own, I should be allowed to take the risk that people will be less-than-wholesome…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Basically a badge for accounts that have Two-Factor Authentication on, and maybe add the option for "2FA Accounts-Only Mode" and make it stack-able with Follower-Only Mode

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I think the Emote Library is a fantastic idea. However, it has ruined my ability to upload emotes. The upload limit is current 2 times the amount of sub emote slots you have, plus 10. So for an affiliate that has all 5 of their tier 1 emote slots unlocked, they would have an upload limit of 24 (Five tier 1, one tier 2, and one tier 3 for a total of 7, times 2 is 14, plus 10 is 24). The issue is that this doesn't factor in bit emote slots at all. And I have 21 bit emote…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I saw Twitch use my emote "KomodoChomp" that I uploaded to bttv last year to showcase their new sub animated emote feature. Which was cool even though I didn't give them permission to do so.. (I don't own the rights to the images in the emote so I don't care). If twitch ever decides to add Global Animated Emotes to the platform in the future, they have my full endorsement to add KomodoChomp to the roster :) https://betterttv.com/emotes/5f3296d9afb6965d6e7b70a4

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. For the future set of new hype train emotes can we please get an anime or game theme set? and maybe add some animated hype train emotes under bonus

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Im an affiliate & its hard to get partnered to get more emote slots. i already have all 12 emotes (affiliate unlocks and bits slots) i would honestly like to have more emotes to unlock that would be really nice since me and my community uses a lot of emotes for expressions. This will not change any benefits compared to partners because we are not using their emotes we are creating our own to represent our channels and express ourselves. So having the ability to purchase emote slots as a streamer will help its a win-win

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Most times (usually with a raid) we'd love to see who are trustworthy people for the streamer who comes, even if he/she is not in the chat to identify them.
    Having a badge (only for partner mods, or with X time moderating) will help other streamers to know who is mod in another channel and not to worry about their actions and words in the chat.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When a user connects to IRC, the USERSTATE command gives a emote-sets list, this does not contain unlocked bit emotes and I'm guessing it also doesn't include follower emotes and animated emotes. This should be fixed.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Surprised this doesn't seem to be suggested already, but the Founders Badge should be separate from the regular channel badges. A common theme in these suggestions is that the Founders Badge is covering up the regular badges, so it's really weird that Twitch doesn't just display both if they apply.

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Follower emotes are a great idea, however, currently they hold no real value. A lot of streamers use BTTV/FFZ and have 50 or more emotes for anyone to use in their own chat.
    However, rewarding followers that actually come back to your stream a lot would be great! Perhaps it would be possible to give people access to follower emotes in other channels if they spend at least X amount of hrs or X% of a streamer's typical streamtime in their stream (per week or month or whatever).

It rewards coming back, but doesn't take away too much fire away…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. as mentioned before. or just removed PogChamp forever to preserve the respect the emote deserves.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. allow us the peeps to purchase collectable icons like happy birthday ect and have them come out monthly

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. In regards to emote count, the price tag for tier 2 and 3 isn't really justified with 1 extra emote for affiliates and 5 extra for partners. Where the price doubles, then more than quadruples, it'd be great to see the emote count reflect that more. Maybe affiliates could get an extra tier 2&3 slot every other sub-point milestone, and partners get an extra slot for all tiers with each milestone. This seems like an easy way to add more value to the higher tiers and thus provide more incentive.

Thanks for your consideration!
    thaef

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Users in chat get a badge on the day marking the anniversary of their account's creation. (Basically like Reddit Cake Day.)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Make Cheer Emotes be the standard ones in twitch channels when the cheer button is pressed. When the cheer button is pressed right now if that channel has custom ones, they have to press awkwardly "Show all Cheer Emotes" when it should show as the standard ones before having to press that button.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bits Emotes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?