Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Channel Page

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Channel Page

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

414 results found

1. Hey Twitch,

Lately I've seen that my Bot now has access to the upcoming new channel design. It looks very good (better than I thought) BUT I have suggestion for you guys:

Please overthink how the "currently streamed game" is getting displayed. In the upcoming new design it's so unpopular and small placed down below the username it's "nearly invisible". In the current (old) design it had a cover image and was placed perfectly below the player. That was a great spot!

Please please overthink the positioning or at least make it more visible (e.g. give it back a cover…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. This error has been going on for years and Twitch hasn't bothered to fix it. everywhere i look to find a way to upload it without an error i get the same problem with different people. I know it goes as far back as 2016 cause thats the earliest I've found it on (/r/Twitch) Some have found solutions like going Incognito or deleting your history,cookies,caches,etc. I unfortunately have not found a solution and have even gone as far as emailing Twitch customer support with no reply. If anyone can help or fix the errors then please let me know. The…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Banner  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. So you know that one streamer you like to watch that's full time and divides him or her self between more than one game / category and goes 8+ hours each day and has tons of people clipping the channel's content?
    I personally think it's a bit frustrating to go digging through their dozens / hundreds of clips just to find that one you are looking for from such a long time ago. I think it would be a great addition if twitch allowed us more filters than just sorting by time created (by default, 24 hours, 7 days, 30…

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Videos  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add markdown for easier linking of other Twitch channels in Panels. Instead of having to type out this entire line just to get a simple text hyperlink to another channel on Twitch:

ExampleChannel

Maybe that can be simplified to something like these?---
    @@ExampleChannel
    [@ExampleChannel]
    @userExampleChannel

Or something along those lines?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Panels  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The playing with section will be an icon next to the team, communities, and game section underneath the stream that allows other streamers (perhaps a limit of 4?) to be tagged, and when you click on their name it takes you to their channel. This makes it easier for people to identify who streamers are playing with, and so they don't have to ask in chat. It also helps streamers with networking.

There can be an option in the streamer dashboard with a box to type in the streamers name.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. User could upload a file limited .wav file describing the proper pronunciation of their Twitch username. If you ever wanted to know how to pronounce the username, you could click on thier name in chat and play the .wav file, enabling the broadcaster or chat participant to determine the correct pronunciation of the username.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  About  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Have .gif offline screens would be sort of neat, idk. Other thoughts or ideas? Another thread on here suggested having music to be played on the offline screen.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Would be great to see if you open someones channel that you can see if he follows you.just like twitter it also shows if the person is following you!
    Then its easy to see if people are really following you!!
    Would be easy for people that have alot of followers then you dont have to go through the whole followers list.
    Greetz b_grafix

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Follow  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It would be amazing if you could see how many hours you've watched Twitch for, or better, how many hours you've watched a specific twitch channel for!

166 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. There should be a way to let people play a song in the background of a stream when it's offline, so it's not just a black screen or one picture without anything else. I really think it would make for a more enjoyable time when a stream isn't running.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I think, it would be help to search clips on a channel, if there will be a search field on clips page.
    Another idea, the creator of the clip can add tags to clip, and anybody can find them.

122 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Videos  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. We should be able to go to each other's channels and see the clips that that user has made. Or be able to search the user name in a clip menu, which will reveal all the clips made by that user.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. This would allow someone who uses a fade-to scenes at the end of their streams to apply them effectively on the fly, directly through OBS.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Banner  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I propose that we be given some way to label channels with symbols, text, colours, Twitch emoticons, or whatever else that will be visible when looking at a stream's thumbnail (from the directory, our list of followed streamers, a Community, wherever). This will allow us to easily categorise streams as, say, Kappa (good for goofing off) or ResidentSleeper (chill stream). This would also be useful in lieu of a blacklist so people can know where /not/ to go (maybe a place is too offensive for someone or not offensive enough for another and they just don't want to waste their…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Such a feature would make it easier for viewers to find what they are looking for content-wise, and for broadcasters if they need to find a pre-existing video or collection to edit or delete.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Videos  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Similar to the overlay you see before you start viewing a stream that is intended for mature audiences, it would be nice to have a button available on channels that leads to a short intro theme for that streamer's channel - could be a theme song, user-submitted/streamer and Twitch-approved clips of the stream before you go to the live stream.

Also, this slot could be used for a short video entry made by the streamer to lay out what their goals are for the duration of the current broadcast, to let viewers know about important announcements, etc.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. As a user, I would prefer that my social actions not cause any notification to the broadcaster or the chat.
    Such actions include (but are not to be limited to) following, subscribing to, and hosting a twitch channel

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Follow  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I've seen multiple requests to be able to "hide" certain panels from appearing below the stream as opposed to just deleting them and having to remake them again later, but to expand on that idea, I'd like to suggest being able to have multiple layouts for panels available to use. This would be useful for variety streamers with multiple games they play regularly, people who do different types of streams on certains days (some streamers have sub sunday, etc) and would also be useful in creating panel setups for events like charity streams.

With multiple panel layouts available we'd be…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Panels  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Before you implemented the new player you didn't need to refresh the page when a stream went live. Now you will not even notice when a stream goes live unless you refresh the page.

Example:
    Current behavior:
    1. Go to offline stream page (ex https://www.twitch.tv/reckful)
    2. Reckful starts his stream
    3. Nothing happens and the user has no idea that reckful has gone live even if he has had this tab open for hours

Wanted behavior:
    1. Go to offline stream page (ex https://www.twitch.tv/reckful)
    2. Reckful starts streaming
    3. Stream starts playing instantly

I know that this worked…

575 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I love the new addition of the top clips of the day/week/month/all time but I would love even more if I was able to select to show clips only from random date and time to random date and time as maybe back then some interesting streams or my favorite streamers were live etc. etc. Would make it even greater experience at least for me if that's possible.

Admin audit: changed "costum" to "custom"

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Videos  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?