Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Creators and Stream Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Creators and Stream Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

816 results found

1. Intro:

Starting to stream from PlayStation 5 gives insight to how streaming can be expanded toward unexplored territory.

Here is a simplified "Blueprint" lacking important parts (intentionally) needed to be considered and evaluated by Twitch.

I made thes "blueprint" just to give an idea on what can be explored.

It's worth to mention i streamed from PlayStation 5 for a 1,400+ hours trying to grow organically relying on streaming different games only and It's near impossible let me tell you that.

i think i have a good qualifying experience to present a new ideas to improve streaming.

---

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Instead of monetizing via ad's charge the streamer for the ability to stream.

At the moment there is no risk involved in streaming for the streamer which just produces a lot of low-quality streams without effort from the streamer. These people have nothing to lose.

Instead, charge EVERY streamer 1 US cent per minute to stream ($0.60 USD per hour). Streamers have a "Twitch Wallet" which they can credit with Credit Card or Paypal. The cost of a stream is automatically debited from their wallet.

Give every streamer the choice to run ads or accept subscriptions/donations. Streamers keep 100% of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The Advanced Audio Mixer seems like a good idea, but even though I'm crediting artists and clearly showing that I'm using Spotify for my music, my video are being muted for using "unlicensed" audio. This is making me want to use the Advanced Audio Mixer to specifically exclude that specific audio from my stream so I can listen to music and still stream without getting my audio turned off. Except, there is no option to choose Spotify as an Audio Source to add it to the exclusion list!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Music  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Bring streamdeck support to guest star to allow streamers to quickly switch to
    Specific guests with one push, if possible, auto map each guest profile pic to that corresponding streamdeck button

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Is it possible to bring back twitch sings even just for the holidays? I miss this game so much! and I'm sure there are many who also agree. even if the songs that had dmca issues were stripped from the game there are still probably many options to sing and the game was just getting cool development before it closed. Please bring twitch sings back even if just for a short time

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. A small button overlapping the stream area that when clicked shows a box with a custom message set up by the streamer or mods.

This message could be used to set reminders, news, upcoming changes, disclaimers and anything really.

Why: A problem that I see a lot is streamers warning viewers about a change, but only a small portion of the audience catch the message. For example, that the stream is going to start sooner than usual in the next day.

In order to make sure that a good amount of people know this information the streamer has to keep…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. No me adjudicaron el drop que reclame el dia lunes 7 de noviembre de 2023.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Drops  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I want to see the title list of my broadcasts that have been held up

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 2 requests:
    -Guest Star currently sends audio output to the default device instead of the comms device. Have an option to send the audio to specific devices

-Create an OBS link for the host to share out their camera feed

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow drops to be earned on console apps, it’s how I watch twitch. I don’t have a pc

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Drops  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Some streamers have licenses to use songs from specific labels on Twitch (and other services), enabling broader use cases and greater song selections. But the way Soundtrack displays the current song below the player is a really nice touch while giving the artists proper credit. What if we could combine both?

Spotify's API allows other users to see what song a given person is currently listening to (see integration with Discord e.g.). With that, one can display and link the songs and the respective artists to the viewers while being able to use already curated playlists on Spotify.

One could…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Music  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I don't know what is on the list of planned features for guest star but the ability to screen share and furthermore have that screen share as another source would allow people to show the camera of the streamer (real camera or obs virtual camera for vtuber/pngtuber or other stuff) as well as their gameplay allowing for a good old console feeling of watching your friends do games multiplayer.

I think this has great potential for collabs!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I have seen this idea included in some of the other ideas about teams. But never by itself. If you go to your team page you get a very simplistic list, of all the members. But you have no idea what any of them are streaming or what is going on, without clicking through the list. It would be very nice to integrate teams with the normal twitch frontpage experience. So just like you searched for a keyword or category or game. It would be nice to see preview thumbnails of your team members and what they are currently playing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add the functionality of the customizable Panels from Twitch channel About pages to the home page for Stream Teams! This would allow the team owner to showcase important information such as links to the Team Discord, Twitter, etc. and give more information about the team.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It would be nice to have the option to have slots auto-fill with guests when a guest is removed from the Guest Star instead of having to click and move to a specific slot.

Example: I have 2 guests on Guest Star for a "call in advice" type show, once the conversation has completed with Guest 1, I would remove from the Guest Star and the guest in slot two would auto-move to slot 1.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. New Contract Level: Jaguar. Affiliate would be for monetization. Partner for exclusivity and big contract. Jaguar for subs and bits and contract equal to viewer numbers each month but twitch keeps ad revenue, not exclusive. So my idea is adding a new mercenary like contract people could elect to try out without being exclusive, enabling twitch to still make ad money off non exclusive streamers/jaguars.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When you have to cancel your stream and you want to let your followers know you need to go to instagram twitter and discord to update people.

Wouldnt it be nice that when you click Cancel stream in your schedule you could write a little message and that that will show up on your channel. Like a pop up when some one goes to it.
    Not everyone is on social media as well.
    I feel like this could be a neat feature!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It would be nice that Just Chatting could have drops like other game categories.

Maybe with promotions like coffee shops like Starbucks or something related.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Drops  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow streamer to fast forward the movie. We were 1 hour into the movie online 20 minute left and lost OBS connection for 5 seconds. This caused the watch party to end and on resuming the movie started back at the beginning and we couldn't fast forward.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. the extension consists in being able to see and be able to control the music which passes in the stream. a special special channel for music that all content creators can use, and which allows them to put Spotify links to be able to play their favorite music, the improvements compared to the current system is the possibility for viewers to change the volume on their side and to be able to see without going through commands like "!song" the music playing. To push the extension further, I thought of an option similar to that on Discord, in one click…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Music  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?