Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

180 results found

1. It would be amazing if you could broadcast directly from your phone using the twitch app into obs so you have your overlays alerts ect. While keeping out 3rd parties like Streamlabs from charging to keep your stream online instead you do that yourself ( I mean actually do it yourself ) using your preferred streaming software. While your connection might be intermittent the stream stays on and maybe has some type of overlay in the background while you're trying to reconnect. I myself really like doing IRL streaming though the only issue with having spotty coverage in some areas…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Seems that the volume control no longer appears on offline streams.

Please readd it

Some people will wait for a streamer to go live, but have the volume "remembered" from a different streamer they watched last night and suddenly get blown out speakers

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I get that these broadcasters are featured and lots of people are watching them, but if they are going to show up on the home page, the volume should be muted.

Or, leave it paused, or remove it.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Twitch could have a subtitle feature for live content in English/Portuguese as we could watch it live in our native language or another language, as well as contribute to learning and fun at the same time.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add a button to the interface labelled "What have I missed?" that when clicked will show a couple of minutes of random video from the current (or previous) live stream so that people who are late to the broadcast can catch up on what has happened before they got into the stream.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. There's a major issue with how people interact with the clipping system. Clips are meant to be used to share moments of interest with others. That's not how it's being used a majority of the time. A majority of the time it's being used as a rewind button.

This is bad because:
    - it creates more work for streamers to find clips to feature
    - it costs twitch a lot to store that data

This is due to the lack of rewind feature and a common misconception that clips are not public until you name and publish them.

2 proposed…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Option to show “Latency to broadcaster” time in the corner Just like FPS counters in games. It’s a pain to always have to open Video Stats up to make sure I’m not 5sec behind. Also please fix the horrible lag every single time I go to @ someone or use emotes.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Playing streams at 60fps leads to lots of short buffers and regular intrerruptions. Having an option to play 60fps streams at 30fps regardless of whether the streamer only offers the source, should be a feature.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Dear Twitch team,

Could you please add settings to the video player in the Twitch mobile app or web for mobile devices allowing user to increase video speed (1.25, 1.5, 2 times) of past broadcasts (VODs) as it is possible on the web for desktops?

OR

Problem on the web for desktops is that it is not possible to jump few seconds forward and backward in the video using tablet or mobile device as these devices do not have arrow keys. Could you add there into the video player an icon allowing the jump forward/backward on a "mouse" click or…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Can we get Chapter Select as a standard feature across all the apps? It's currently only available on the website at the moment and it's such a useful feature.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. For times when you need to go to the restroom, get a phone call or anything really. Being able to catch up on what you've missed would be great I feel.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I generally fall asleep watching somebody's past broadcasts and recently twitch added an auto-play feature that you cant turn off and for people who have limited bandwidth it makes it impossbile to do so anymore. So i was wondering if we could get an option to turn off auto-play.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Edit clips for vertical video formats and share to social media tiktok and reels (facebook and instagram)

I noticed that this feature was included but only for youtube Shorts, but this integration for tiktok and reels from Facebook/instagram would be great

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Auto-generated subtitles for every stream a-la Youtube auto-generated ones

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I hate using Twitch because EVERY TIME I load the page, a video starts playing somewhere in the background, muted. I don't know if you're aware, but many users don't have unlimited internet bandwidth, so having a video start playing when I can't even hear it is just wasting my data. PLEASE stop doing this. I would love it if there was an option to disable autoplay entirely, but if that's not in the cards, then at least stop muting the audio! If I go to watch a VOD, I want it HEAR it in addition to seeing it. Forcing…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. In OBS Studio and Streamlabs OBS, the streamer is able to Stream on certain Audio Tracks, and Record on certain Audio Tracks. As more and more integration with the OBS' and Twitch comes alive, this should be something that can be done. To simply put it, as a Streamer, I could put my Microphone on Audio Track 1, my Gameplay on Audio Track 2, my Music on Audio Track 3, my Voice Comms on Audio Track 4, and my OBS Alerts on Audio Track 5. Then, in the Twitch Video Player, give the Viewer the option to select which of…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I’ve noticed that lately all streamers have gotten addons that will disable double-click to fullscreen unless I disable the addon. This is actually extremely annoying, as you have to be pretty precise to hit the small full-screen button in the lower right, or I have to go and disable the addon every time. I never use it anyways, so maybe either enable doubleclick to fullscreen again, have the addon disabled by default (but I guess you have more stats of who are actually using it) or best of all, add some setting so I can disable it by default. It’s…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. There should be a setting to adjust what quality video you want when opening streams

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Like how youtube has the more precise popup seek thing on long videos.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Sometimes I hop through a bunch of different streams and would like to go back but if the browser history doesn't have it, it can be impossible to find. It would be nice if Twitch had a list of the last 20 or so streamers you visited and you could pick from that list.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?