Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

180 results found

1. Nachdem schon viele Streamer bereits verzögert streamen, wäre es von großem Nutzen wenn es eine Option gebe die es den Streamern(oder evtl. deren Mods) ermöglichen würde das Gesagte(Audio) auszupipsen. 
    Das könnte dann so funktionieren: 
    Wenn Jemand beispielsweise etwas unangemessenes sagen würde, könnte man diesen Shortcut drücken die ein Pop-Up Fenster öffnet. Auf diesem Fenster sehen die Streamer nun das aktuelle Bild die, die Zuschauer gerade zu sehen bekommen. Nun könnten Sie diese Stelle selbst (oder eben deren Mods) auspipsen. 
    Natürlich könnte man dann eventuell auch eine zusätzliche Option hinzufügen in diesem Fenster auch das Bild an gewissen Stellen verschwommen zu…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It would be really nice if you could rewind a stream up to the point it started. You could make this a feature only usable with streams that have their vods saved, as it could just access the vod and rewind, then you could fast forward all the way back up the live point. I believe youtube has a feature exactly like this for their live streams, though I prefer twitch, this feature makes watching streams on youtube very appealing.

92 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. the ability to move the chat panel under the video in half screen so it didn't push the video small. just pull the chat under the video so i can watch twitch, read chat, and do my homework. please thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It's frustrating to first stream for 10 hours and then download the file just to find out that it's practically impossible to find the right things you want to make a shorter version to be about. I'd really like to be able to download like 5 hour stream in 25 or so parts, so i don't need to watch all the 5 hours. I probably just need 2-4 first clips to make one 10 minute clip out of it. I think this makes the editing part so much easier, also for low-end computers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Google Chrome 70 has support for Picture-in-Picture now which would be nice to have a toggle button for https://googlechrome.github.io/samples/picture-in-picture/

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. There should be an option to have multiple different streams running on the same channel with a simple GUI layout so users can focus on the stream they want to watch while getting the full audio of the channel. This would allow multiple streamers to stream concurrently and each be doing there own thing while users can choose which streamer they want to watch but all the streamers are on the same channel streaming as a group. This would be great for groups of people who want to stream together and engage in conversation with each other instead of one…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I should be able to click a button to view the other's perspective temporarily without leaving the channel.

For example, in a FPS such as PUBG.. to make the experience more immersive for the audience, we can navigate the stream environment by jumping to another twitch streamers perspective temporarily to see things from their perspective real time for a few seconds.

It would make it very engaging without interrupting the streamer we enjoy watching.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I’ve noticed that lately all streamers have gotten addons that will disable double-click to fullscreen unless I disable the addon. This is actually extremely annoying, as you have to be pretty precise to hit the small full-screen button in the lower right, or I have to go and disable the addon every time. I never use it anyways, so maybe either enable doubleclick to fullscreen again, have the addon disabled by default (but I guess you have more stats of who are actually using it) or best of all, add some setting so I can disable it by default. It’s…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I have a Galaxy S8 and it has an 18.5:9 aspect ratio. With apps such as YouTube and Netflix, I have the option to make the video a fullscreen video instead of the standard 16:9 aspect ratio. Unfortunately, Twitch does not allow this. This would not be a problem except for the fact that many devices have OLED screens. Because the 16:9 aspect ratio does not use the full screen, pixels on either side are left turned off. Over time, this leads to reverse burn in and color issues with the screen as the pixels in use will degrade faster…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Watching streams that are not live can be a bit of a pain at times. It’d be nice to feature options such as “jump to” icons like 15 second forward or 15 second backwards. There is also currently a bug whee after pausing a replay stream, the audio cuts out.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Ability to move the mini player window around and resize it when you scroll down the screen. It's current positioning gets in the way of some panels.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Some streamers currently feel that there isn't enough incentive for people to sub. I think that streamers should be able to have a stream that is only visible to subs, similar to the sub-only feature for VoDs. This could allow creators to reward their subs for supporting them and to give non-subs more incentive to sub. I understand that some streamers might begin to only do sub-only streams, but I think that should be their decision, and that they will almost certainly lose viewers by doing so. They need to decide whether or not the few gained subs would be…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. This is more specific than adding a fancy video editor. The main issue is whether to delete short stream saves when your server starts lagging and you quit the stream and search for a new one. If we could combine them into one video then at least we could save this content and attach it to a larger save, so we wouldn't lose the continuity.

I realize that you can download both vids and stitch 'em together and reupload them, but this is not the point.

I don't really think we need a video studio but it would be nice…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. could you change, cinema mode so that it becomes fullscreen with chat instead on having top and bottom bar visible. It kind of ruins the whole cinema feeling.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add a snooze feature, like most TVs have. I, like many people, fall asleep watching a twitch channel at times, but in many areas of the world like South Africa, we have to watch our data usage.

I'm not suggesting that it be automatic but rather just a Snooze Timer I can set that will stop the stream. Something like 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 45 minutes, etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. For times when you need to go to the restroom, get a phone call or anything really. Being able to catch up on what you've missed would be great I feel.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Some streamers have to delete a whole VOD just because of something that breaks TOS or because they leak something.

Maybe a command that the broadcaster can type in his chat to censor the last couple of minutes of the vod making it impossible to be clipped or re watched.
    For Example:
    a stream leaks his address.
    he can type something like /VC5 and can blackout the last 5 mins of his vod and any clips created within that time rather then go offline and delete the whole thing.

Dont know if such a thing is possible but it would…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I've been thinking about this for a bit, and would love to spitball the idea with someone.

Could it be an idea to enable streamers to make a custom thumbnail for their streams, then have it preview when you hover over said stream.

That way, it would allow people to showcase special things about their streams that make it more interesting.

For instance, I see a lot of competitive players of a bunch of different games using a title like "800+ wins" or "3000 ELO" - So with the custom thumbnails, they could showcase that, and if the viewers were…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Want your clip automatically posted to your favorite streamer's channel? Cheer-Clip w/ bits to unlock special effects for your clip. (Filters, Sound Effects, On-Screen FX) and have it automatically posted in chat upon upload!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. YouTube's largest fail is that fact that they do not have a simple desktop app for the people who upload a ton of content. This app features should contain the ability to put in the information about each video. If you loose connection or site goes down there should be a "resume" button to continue the upload. Make it easier on the user & this and it will encourage everyone to upload more. aka a "Desktop Upload Manager app". Keep hitting those home runs Twitch! :)

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?