Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

181 results found

1. So like a watch party where you can logging to amazon prime or Netflix and show you all paid the royalty fee mabey include a thing into twitch were you can only hear the Royalty Music in the stream if you have singed into a platform like amazon music google music or spotify and you be able to hear what every music you payed fees to listen to.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. In the Android client, you can slide the left and right screens to control the volume and brightness respectively.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I will give an example 2 overwatch players playing Together as dpss one of them own his chanel with very high viewers he wants to inclode his friend as a stremer so he gives him a code that allows him to stream with him at the same time at the same chanel and the viewers can swap between them when ever they want without any porblems.
    So 2 Friends playing you can watch both screens at the same time or choose one of them the swap between them easily. Also I would like for you to give the viewer the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Put a pause button and a close button on the tablet interface. the only way I can stop the stream is by minimising and swiping the video. Is annoying. Clicking a pause button or a close icon like I can on my PC would be very useful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. As a twitch user that does not have the best of internet, it's extremely frustrating to not be able to support your friends who have affiliate because their streams have no quality options besides their source selection.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Videos playbacks end at the moment the livestream was when you loaded the page. So if you're watching the video of a stream that is still going on and you reach the end of the video, it auto loads the next video event though the one you're watching still has more content if you just reload the page.
    It would be more user friendly if it just reloaded the video with the updated length when you reach the end.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. A lot of us VR Streamers prefer 1:1 format, it looks better on VR streams and it looks better for mobile device viewing too.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Dear Twitch team,

Could you please add settings to the video player in the Twitch mobile app or web for mobile devices allowing user to increase video speed (1.25, 1.5, 2 times) of past broadcasts (VODs) as it is possible on the web for desktops?

OR

Problem on the web for desktops is that it is not possible to jump few seconds forward and backward in the video using tablet or mobile device as these devices do not have arrow keys. Could you add there into the video player an icon allowing the jump forward/backward on a "mouse" click or…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I like watching smaller streamers with around 20-50 average viewers because the chat is more interactive but most of the time it forces me to 1080p60fps which would be fine but when I try playing a game on with the stream on my second monitor, my game drops frames and stutters a lot. I don't see how it would cause any negative effects and it would be a nice feature that would improve my experience a lot.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I can't send fans to Twitch if you won't let me put an uploaded video here as a new user. If this isn't a useable marketing tool, I can't send users to a dead end with no content. You should let every user upload at least one video of a predetermined length so fans don't show up and see an empty space. I have to use YouTube until you fix this problem. It's just not smart business to attract new users.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Most modern browsers have a picture in picture mode that can be activated by right clicking on the video, or pressing a dedicated UI button. Twitch supports this natively, but only if you mess with the HTML in the Web inspector first. Please add a button for this, or let us do this by right clicking on a stream's video.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Twitch should implement Pay-Per-View for Tournaments. This option would benefit streamers and the people participating in the tournament, as the Prize pool of the tournament can be increased as well as the opportunity to donate a percentage etc. Tyler1 and his Upcoming tournament would be an example of where this would benefit the stream.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. There is a need for Twitch to implement a native audio compression tool to every stream, that users can toggle on/off to bring the audio ranges more in line. This is already a third party tool that's available and is incredibly useful on the user end that helps boost the lower audio ranges and decrease the screams/loud sounds.
    While it can be informative to tell the streamer that certain parts of their audio is higher/lower, the user end setup can produce different perceptions. Having a native compressor tool on Twitch will alleviate that issue so that each user can get…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Hey,
    Audio on some of my videos is being muted for the duration of the video because i often play music in the BG while I draw, even for songs that aren't being claimed. Bummer! Can you unmute my audio in video producer, so that I can clip sections and hear my own voice? I will be able to appeal copyright claims on clips that contain short enough sections of a song to count as fair use,
    and can clip AROUND claimed audio to avoid that stuff,

but because I can't hear my burps or my jokes I am not…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. it might be great to be able to create clips at the same time as the highlights directly in the page. we have already created a highlight but also a clip option with the same rules (60sec max ect,) so no need to go back to the last stream and created a clip that opens a new page ... very painfull

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. What if for clips and highlights, have them on the side where a person can click on them on ur channel and it pops up on the channel and they can watch whatever, also be given playlist ability so we can form them into different playlists, variety people can use this a lot for each game or each series they want to do. People who play one singular game can use it for different things about a game like, guide section, gameplay section etc.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Shortcut ''F'' for full screen doesnt work if you have a language other than english selected in windows, youtube doesnt seem to care and it works in any language, so..

plz fix, thx.

same applies to other shortcuts

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Summit tried 120 fps today and some ppl were reporting lag or frame drops but most ppl seemed fine with it, and kripp also tried 120 fps today but there seems to be only 1 person complaining about frame drops. Having an extra transcode option for 120 fps such as 1080p120 and the option to go back to 60 with 1080p60 would be important for making this more mainstream

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Twitch already has a feature that blocks profanity in chat. Twitch needs to also have a feature that blocks profanity the streamer uses during live streams or at least block the profanity used after the stream is seen after it is not live. Doesn't make sense to block profanity in chat, but viewers have to listen to the streamer use such language.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. So I would like to add two new divisions of the website.

Adding past broadcasts into a separate archive and revamping the video uploads functions into a third archive (clips, highlights and uploads). All now placed into separate discoverablity sections of the website.

So at the moment everything is jumbled on the platform and user channels.

From a channel perspective it would be as simple as adding these into separate tabs, eg the about and schedule tabs.
    That way you can drive more static video content creators to the platform. A rejig and rebranding of the highlights and clips features…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?