Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Most of the time when I'm catching up on a stream series I want to watch the most recent vod and that vod alone. The option to stop twitch from playing every vod ever recorded from that point on if I don't manually stop it would be great. Most every other content platform has some form of sleep timer or autoplay on/off toggle. I'd really appreciate this and I can imagine it's not a super difficult thing to implement.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Often, streamers have a few minutes of "starting soon" to let viewers join the channel before the actual content starts. This makes sense for live viewers, but becomes frustrating when watching VODs, as the viewer has to click around to find where the actual content starts.

It would be very helpful if we could trim from the start (and end) of VODs to improve the viewers' experience.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please add the "Video preview" feature when hovering through video timeline/progress bar in all "Pasts Broadcasts", "Videos", and "Clips".

However, It's not necessary to implement this feature in "Live" videos.

It will help a lot to see the video interesting point instead of watching through the whole video which some streamers take 3-4 hours or longer.

Best regards,

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I spend so much time making sure that all of my VOD's and highlights have a description that is informative and useful, and I've just noticed it's been removed. Please bring the description back. It's the only way I can reference info I need to convey for that VOD.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Have markers on the progress bar for VODs showing when in the stream the Category and/or game was switched.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. You know how there's some big event happened and you want to see streamer's reaction to it, but you was offline or following a lot of streamers from a similar directory.

You know the time of an event/announcement, so you need to calculate the time from the start of the VOD and when the stream began to also find an approximate time of the moment. It's harder when there's no preview in the first day or the timeline preview is here, but the streamer showed it off-stream.

So, because of that you usually limit yourself to the 1-2 streamers if…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please add in RSS Feeds for easy syndication into blogs, twitter and other platforms.

Create RSS Feeds for each of the following sections for channels:
    Past Broadcasts
    Highlight VODS
    Clips from your Channel
    Channel Feed Posts

Another one that maybe very useful is the last 10 or 20 chat messages from your channel or vod playbacks.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When you start your stream we all know that during peak hours not everyone will get transcoding (720p-460p-360p-160p). As far as I currently understand the rule, you will get transcoding if there is a channel available with partners getting priority. So what I and some others do when we don't get transcoding is to reboot your stream a few times till you get it. This however can sometimes take 4 to 7 reboots.

So if you have to reboot your stream for 4 to 7 times you end up having 4 to 7 vods of 10~20 sec long. Now I…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When looking at your list of VODs to see which you want to carve up into smaller highlights, currently it lists the original air date and how many days remain before it auto-expires.

However if you are already on the last day before the VOD expires, you may think that there is more time left before it expires than is actually the case.

If we could see the time listed (in your local/set time zone) that the VOD will auto-delete, Or the number of hours/mins on that final day then we could schedule editing time much better!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Sometimes I'd like to only watch the best parts of a past broadcast. I think this could be achieved by showing "chat volume" or the amount of chat messages sent at every point in time in graph form.

Or maybe some other form of engagement would work, like a high frequency of LULs might indicate funny moments.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Often, I need to watch past broadcast but it's long to select the channel then search video that I want to watch.
    So I suggest an UX idea about Playlist and save past broadcast or actual live to watch later on my twitch account (smartphone and pc browser).

Thank you twitch, your my TV <3

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When streamers get muted in a VOD, it is really difficult to tell what exactly got the audio muted. If streamers could get information on what they got muted for, they could remove it from a playlist so it doesn't happen again in the future. A good example of this is how I was playing music from a supposed non-copyright playlist, but my audio is muted because of 1-2 songs throughout the VOD. I have no way of telling what those songs are and can't remove them.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When exporting vods to YT, it would be really nice if we could add a thumbnail to the vod like we would if we were on YouTube and if the export function could flag if there are problems with your videos (i.e. this video has < or > in it, so it won't export). It's frustrating trying to carry over past vods then having to do extra steps when the bulk of the functionality already exists, and even more frustrating when I go to export, and get an email an hour later saying 'oh sorry, your export failed' with no…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Due to timezones, i mostly watch VODS. When a raid happens at the end of a vod, the vod is over. It'd be nice if i can still experience the raid by having the option to view the raided streamer's vod of that day, at the timestamp the raid occurred.

So i can effectively still watch someone's stream + raid, hours or days after it occurred.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Keep viewing progress bar under a preview card image at 100% after you finished watching the VOD.
    This would make it easy to see which VOD's you already watched.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. A feature that would show the intensity of clips made throughout the VOD, for example by color-coding it on the progress bar. This could be useful if one wants to find the most exciting parts of a VOD, or make clips.

In more detail, if many clips were created an hour into the VOD, the progress bar would be red in that area while the surrounding would be yellow/green.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Video and chat in VODs are out of sync. This usually happens to IRL streamers who are streaming through a less reliable mobile connection. Connection problems will cause the video and audio in VODs to desynchronize.

Shame there is no attention to this after 3 years.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Greetings,

Please add the option to sort VOD list by date oldest first. It is very tedious and time consuming to scroll to the bottom of a list of thousands of videos.

Thank you

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When you are casting a video in a collection to chromecast, at the end of the video it will not auto advance to the next video in the collection. You have to stop casting, wait for the next video to start, and then re-cast the video.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?