Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Have a setting that can be enabled for when streaming multiple games. It would be nice that when you change the game that you are playing in Twitch, it would automatically create a new VOD with the new game/category and title. Its better for organizing and we wont have to stop/start the stream. This way we don't have to interrupt our audience.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Streamers should be able to alert their followers that a new VOD is published on their channel.
    I find it unfortunate that the visibility for a streamer is just when they start a live stream and not when they work for their channel after live.

(sorry for my bad English)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Basically I just want the ability to rewatch the VOD‘s which were streamed in squad mode (like races of multiple streamers) how I watched them live.

Like multiple perspectives and being able to switch in between.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. We are a cognitive neuroscience lab studying how video games can promote improved reading and attentional ability. The goal of our research is to determine what qualities of video games are most beneficial to reading and attentional ability, so that game developers and clinicians can work together to design therapeutic games to help individuals with reading or attentional disorders, such as dyslexia.
    As part of this research we analyse gameplay videos of people playing various video games to determine which characteristics of video games are most beneficial to reading and attentional ability. Your platform is an excellent source of public…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add a search and filter by game in video producer.

Here is a example of what I am looking for as a feature -> https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/677684879986786365/716636928514195516/Video-search.jpg

Reason for Feature request:
    When you have thousands of Highlights, its very difficult to scroll thru the provided section to find certain highlights from years ago.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Seria bem melhor se as lives pudessem permanecer salvas no site para qualquer um poder entrar para assistir e se gostar se inscrever no canal, o criador de conteúdo deixaria organizado em playlist.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Maybe you could add an option to add multiple categories?

Sometimes, halfway through my stream I'll switch categories because there's nothing left to do, for example, Genshin, and then head over to another game. However, you'd have to head into stream manager and switch the title and the category. Once the stream is over and the video gets uploaded, it places it under only one category.

You could fix this by allowing us to add multiple categories in the stream! Or maybe, you could separate the videos once you switch the game?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When the stream drops or loses connection it ends up creating 2 VODs if you don't get back live quick enough. Give Streamers and Editors the ability to connect the VODs together into one as if it was all one stream. Would help with decluttering the Video Producer and Videos page. Would just overall give a cleaner look to VODs. Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When downloading files, either label them according to a certain nomenclature that includes the broadcast date or allow an option for us to label them with a custom nomenclature. Either option is fine, because as it is currently they're labeled in a way that doesn't show which VOD was downloaded.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 2 weeks is too little time to go back and watch VODs. I went back to record a VOD for a demo reel for my casting and succeeded, but when I went to edit, I realized it recorded no sound. I've spent the past few days trying to figure out how to recover it so I could re-record, but I haven't been successful. I think if VODs were available for a month or if the current time was doubled to 4 weeks, it would be nice for situations similar to this and also being able to look back on what…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Can twitch please make it so when you finish live streaming it can actually stay on the page instead of delete. Iv posted everyday and forgot that your stream gets deleted in 16 days and it really broke me because now i dont see a reason to post anymore knowing that they are just going to be deleted in a matter of time. Can you guys please make it so we can keep our videos instead of it deleting in 16 or 60 days. We just want to keep our videos

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. On PC it's already possible to decide the speed of the VOD you're watching - not on mobile though. I'd love if it was possible to also do it on mobile.

While we're at it, I'd also like there to be more different speeds - like 1.75, 2.25., 2.5, 3.

Best regads,
    Someone who does not have the time to watch a 4h VOD on mobile while not at home

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. As it says, so I can rewatch the "group-stream" like if I was watching it live.

Having the same button pointing the movie would be nice too.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Now that DMCA has hit Twitch hard, a lot of streamers delete their VODs instantly after ended stream. And I can't usually watch streamers live, due to time difference. So this VOD thing needs to be fixed somehow. Else there is no point in me watching on here, if I can't view the content that is now being deleted. And I might just keep it to youtube then. Please do something about it, as I want to be able to watch VODs, as I used to! Post your best idea, so Twitch can implement. I think they could keep the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When you go to delete a stream but lets say it was by accident you can go back and ether edit it there or bring it back.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Because is not always possible to connect for a live stream of our own favorite streamer, most of the times we simply reproduce a past broadcast.

In worst-case scenarios, were multiple past broadcasts need to be reproduced, it's hard to reproduce all of them in the right order.
    Creating a playlist, instead, give the possibility to reproduce the past broadcasts one-after-another, without asking to click/tap on different menu.

In addition, playlists can be created automatically simply defining from which date past broadcasts needs to be inserted in the playlist from that content creator channel.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When a song gets muted from a VOD, make it show the song name of which it detected and then muted.

Sometimes you hear a song and wanna get the name of it, but then you can't.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please add a restriction so thumbnails are not grabbed from the second half of a VOD. When following a tournament often there are too many matches to watch them all live. I constantly have matches spoiled because the thumbnail is grabbed from the end of the video. Alternatively, users could be allowed to disable thumbnails completely.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I'd like to know when my past streams are about to be deleted so that I can watch them with my friends one last time before they're gone forever. It's not fun when something good that you did that was recorded is just deleted forever like that.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?