Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Currently twitch is forcing me to view 5 ads whenever I click on a stream.

This is turning me off watching completely, as these ads last for 5 minutes.

I think we can agree that it is crazy to expect a viewer to wait for 5 minutes before they can see the stream and decide if they want to continue watching.

This is currently making it impossible for me to browse streams.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Ad Specific Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Could you please just listen to the viewers? literally nobody wanted you to change or likes the change you did. Please just get rid of the multiplayer ad idea completely, it removes the purpose of gifting bits. It makes it less personal. The streamer cant thank you as an individual for gifting him bits and now i cant buy tts messages like i used to. #freethebits

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Multiplayer Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I live in Belgium and yes we have 3 oficial languages but I only speak Dutch(65%) not French(34,9%) or German(0,1%). so I want to choose to only see ads in Dutch and English no French no German

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Streamers now have a Pre-Rolls Off Timer in the creator dashboard. This is a very nice feature, since they can see how much time is left, and they can keep the time up by doing short ads, opposed to doing 180s every hour. However, how are channel Editors supposed to know how much time is left on Pre-Rolls being disabled? They can't. The only way for us to know they're disabled is to torture our non-subs with 180s of ads every hour. 180s of ads is horrible though, and people leave.
    It would be a great help to the site,…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Currently ads played during VODs seems to break the playback position, and instead resets the VOD to the start instead of continuing where the advertisements interrupted.
    This is a common issue on mobile, and has been for a while.
    Fixing this would go a long way to help making ads less antagonizing, as this is furthering the stigma that ads are making Twitch worse to view.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. These are some ideas to improve the experience of the user when trying to find new channels to watch.

1. Disable pre-roll ads for streamers with few viewers. Right now the user is actively punished for switching channels and this actively harms the discoverability on the platform.

2. Add a cool down since the last ad was played before a pre-roll can be triggered again. A value as little as 5-10 minutes could greatly improve the experience.

3. When running ads not triggered by the streamer it should continue showing the stream (eg. picture in picture with the stream audio muted). Right now…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. You can place the voting option in the top right, that way it doesnt fully intrude any viewers so they dont miss any key moments

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Never in my life have I bought something because of an Ad on the internet and that will never change. On top of that the pre-roll Ads are preventing me from viewing new streams. I'm never going to click a new streamer and be like "okay cool i'll wait this 30 seconds to see if I even like the streamer", if you're going to force pre-roll ads then put it in a window in the corner and adjust the volume so I can hear both the Ad and stream. Or better yet don't try to force them on people!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Pre-Rolls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Pretty much what the title says. Also, instead of having the stream minimised during an ad, have the ad in picture-in-picture mode, otherwise it's just intrusive and turns viewers away. Similarly having multiple 30 second unskippable ads doesn't help either, having a small ad window eases this.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Picture-In-Picture  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I've seen multiple people talking about this on reddit and twitter, there seems to be a fair few people who are experiencing distorted audio after an ad plays. Seems to mostly be firefox users.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Editors had access to change the ad density for months and you just took away the permission with this new update.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I have mine set to 5 minutes, which is the shortest option. Unfortunately, this is still too short of a time frame for a heads up notification, as a lot can happen between when I first get the heads-up and when the ad actually runs and I can end up getting sidetracked. If a 1 minute option could be added, OR make it a sliding scale like the spacing, length, and first ad delay so we can choose, that would be fantastic!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Alright, let’s be real here. The only people on Twitch that would use this feature and actually earn a few bits off of it would be large creators. Once again, let’s be real... do these large creators give two hamburger crumbs about bits? No. The only thing that they would care about is actually earning real currency off of ads. And ads don’t give you anything at all really so...

The people that will care about bits and want bits would be people that don’t stream or unpopular streamers. Let’s say you’re a unpopular streamer. How much bits would you…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I was recently diagnosed with epilepsy and I've been super nervous about what can trigger seizures. Some ads flash a lot of lights. The Post Malone one is what made me contact. I already have to be careful what streams to click on but it doesn't matter if the ads don't care. Maybe an epilepsy option could be added that filter out those ads and even give warnings on games with flashing or bright lights. Thanks.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Mayday_Dee, thanks for sharing this with us. I’ve passed your concern about this ad in particular along for investigation.

I’ll leave this post open for the underlying request.

15. There’s an ad for Billie Eilish’s new film I think it was? Behind the scenes thing, but immediately upon seeing it there was some pretty intense strobe lighting. I’m not epileptic, but that is very, very clearly something that could cause a seizure. I don’t know whether you actually listen to these, but if you do please please pleeeaaase remove it, there’s nothing before it so I can’t even warn people to click off if they see the first few seconds before the flashing

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. For a lot of people the entire point of subscribing is to get ad free viewing, at the moment any time a multiplayer advertisement is shown subscribers have to watch it. Maybe let the subscribers opt into the ad instead of forcing them in?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. If I sit through a preroll, I don't want to watch the stream for 15 seconds and then also sit through a midroll or an ad from the streamer. Shared Cooldown at the very least please

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Pre-Rolls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. When I try to access the Ads Manager for a channel I'm an "Editor" in, I receive "Access Denied". I also do not see the "Ads Manager" panel in the Stream Manager (I can however run regular ads).

I am able to access my own Ads Manager.
    I am able to access the other channel's "Stream Manager" dashboard.

The other channel owner confirmed my "Editor" level access.

Is this a known issue? Are "Editor" permissions being rolled out for this feature? Are there any additional steps required to grant "Editors" access?

Thank you!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. SDAs look like a huge improvement over the existing ads. Thank you for experimenting with this. Please continue. Please expand this. This is an excellent initiative and I appreciate it.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stream Display Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Can Black Lives Matter ads please NOT be shown? or can I have an option to NOT SEE BLM ADS?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Ad Specific Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?