Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Had this idea, didn't really know where else to post it. Just trying to get it out there.

So I know Twitch has been struggling to come up with a way to monetize with ads, and with the whole "forced mid-roll" fiasco, I think everyone is worried that whatever they do will be very "un-Twitch" by trying to emulate live TV. So my idea was to just gamify it.

Twitch recently added the little icon dudes that everyone can choose as their logo, and I thought that could be like your Twitch persona, and you basically just turn ad watching…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Can Black Lives Matter ads please NOT be shown? or can I have an option to NOT SEE BLM ADS?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Ad Specific Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. There needs to be a way to stop ads playing for at least 1-2 hours. Taking a break every 30 minutes for a few minutes is just unrealistic and doesn't fit most content on Twitch. Longer ad break, every 2 hours or so would be much more agreeable I believe, especially when it comes with giving MORE agency to streamers. They know their community and their content the best

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. It feels counterintuitive from a creator stand point. Though I appreciate the stance of supporting creators, there must be better ways to implement paid ads. Personally, I'd love to see a system in place that connects partnered streamers to advertisers through some sort of partner panel. Plenty of streamers do paid ads already, but if you connect a streamer to a physical product to try on stream (a drink, snack, service, etc.) It's more interactive for the audience, and the streamer. Effectively stream lining your advertising practice, and through that service you would be able to still collect revenue of…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I like the idea you can have collections on your channel, but I noticed you cannot set a custom thumbnail for a collection. I wish I could do that just like with Uploads.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I think there should be a way to "watch ad later". Lets say you can "save" up to like three ads to watch in another time. Once the limit is reached, you are "forced" to watch them. This would be good because sometimes we get in a stream in key moments and/or ads come up during key moments of the stream. That way we can save the ads for a moment when nothing really is happening on the stream or the streamer is taking a break.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. This is awful. I want to receive bits that I can use for whoever I want. I don't want to watch an ad with a moshpit of people I don't know for only ONE streamer. As an individual consumer, I am allowed to watch multiple people, and should be allowed to award multiple people with bits. Why fix something when it isn't broken?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Multiplayer Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. PLEASE STOP SHOWING US HORROR MOVIE ADS!

OUR KIDS SOMETIMES USE THIS WEBSITE GOD DAMMIT!

I DON'T WANT MY DAUGHTER CRYING HER EYES OUT AGAIN BECAUSE SHE SEES ANOTHER HORROR MOVIE TRAILER ON THIS WEBSITE!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ad Specific Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I was recently diagnosed with epilepsy and I've been super nervous about what can trigger seizures. Some ads flash a lot of lights. The Post Malone one is what made me contact. I already have to be careful what streams to click on but it doesn't matter if the ads don't care. Maybe an epilepsy option could be added that filter out those ads and even give warnings on games with flashing or bright lights. Thanks.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Mayday_Dee, thanks for sharing this with us. I’ve passed your concern about this ad in particular along for investigation.

I’ll leave this post open for the underlying request.

10. DO YOU REALLY HAVE TO FORCE A 48 HOUR SOFT LOCK TIMER THAT CONTINUES EVEN AFTER I CHOOSE TO DISABLE AD BLOCK! Makes me just instantly re enable it. Streams still crash and are impossible to watch because the timer remains

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. The streamer I moderate for has a contract with Twitch where they have to run ads every hour. Sometimes they are busy with the game they are playing. Rather than having to post in chat a bunch to get their attention, it would help if moderators had the ability to start ads. Along with this, the moderators can't tell if the ads are successfully running if they are subbed. We have to constantly pester the streamer to know if they did ads on time. If there was some way for us to know the ads are running it would help…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. If I'm channel hopping I should be able to not get an ad if I saw a preroll in the last 30 minutes ago.

This'll also improve discoverability, as it'll be "nicer" for viewers trying to find something to watch.

PreRolls are too annoying to users trying to channel hop to find something/someone (new) to watch.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. How about get rid of the bloody ads after we pay for a twitch sub? i am getting of sick of seeing ads every single time, sick of seeing ads covering content, sick of seeing the video hang but the vocals keep going so i have to refresh then i get another bloody ad. Sort your stupid ads out, i am not interested in paying for ads.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. They are egregious and pushing people away from exploring new channels.
    Midrolls ruin the experience and are extremely anti-consumer

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Pre-Rolls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Ads during music streams are incredibly disruptive due to the fact that the audio is the primary focus of a music streamed. Forced ads are inherently detrimental to the quality of the stream and content. I propose that as a part of any future Ad policies that Twitch not implement forced mid-roll ads on Music streams of any kind.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. If we must have ads playing incessantly, which don't get me wrong, I understand the business need for them, how about we limit them to 10 seconds or less? As much as it still stinks to miss 10 seconds of a stream, it would at least suck less than missing like 30 seconds or so. It would be a nice middle ground between Twitch getting the ad revenue it needs and us, the viewers not getting interrupted.

Secondary idea to tag on to this: Warnings when ads are about to show up. Like youtube does, or did... or does? Give…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow Partners & Affiliate channels to create their own 60 and 30 second respectively custom channel pre-roll ad that will inform new visitors of what the channel is about and what to expect.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Pre-Rolls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. You guys really need to invest time into developing ads that bypass Adblock? Good investment of time, definitly a display of how massive the greed in your company is.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I completely understand that there are adds on VODs. The problem is that when the stream places adds for X minutes the VOD player starts to play adds too at that time in the VOD. Well this means that one can't skip ahead in the content but i rather have to watch those adds or not watch the VOD ever again as it starts the VOD on the same place i closed it last time and the adds start over again.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I live in Belgium and yes we have 3 oficial languages but I only speak Dutch(65%) not French(34,9%) or German(0,1%). so I want to choose to only see ads in Dutch and English no French no German

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?