Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Give broadcasters the choice of what type of ads to play (political, beauty, sports, etc.) And make it so broadcaster-run ads disable random ads for longer periods of time.

That way the streamer is in control of their cast

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Don't roll ad clips, put in ad banners and little windows within the stream. It doesn't interrupt the stream completely and everyone can see a d recognize it!
    Nice, clean and simple for broadcaster and viewers.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Pretty simple and as described in the title.

If I have Amazon Prime you can obviously track my viewing history, and use it to NOT show me ads for the shows I have seen.

Currently I get about 4 rotating ads (Cloak & Dagger, Hanna, Grand Tour, Jack Ryan).
    Three of these I've already seen, and so whenever I get an ad for them now I just close out the Twitch desktop client and restart it - because that's faster and less annoying than watching the ad to completion.

So maybe you could tone down the ads, or at the…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Would be awesome if streamer that are payed for playing games need to make this clear.
    Ppl playing pay to win games and hype them - its not clear that they are payed for.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. The size of a channel matters when you are looking to make ad revenue. Larger audiences are likely to have a larger number of potential ad viewers. Obviously, the sub/non-sub viewer ratio is important, but larger channels are likely to have a higher potential for ad revenue than smaller channels.

Scaling the time needed to disable pre-roll ads will encourage smaller channels to run ads. When pre-roll ads are disabled, there is a higher chance a new viewer will enter the channel potentially helping to grow that channel.

To "tag" along with the idea, add a tag under a preview…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Pre-Rolls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ads have an impact on viewer retention. When someone new comes to a stream, an ad can discourage them from waiting - and simply close the tab. That hinders growth. However, self-run midrolls (to disable prerolls) may have the same effect...

If we can see the impact that running a dreaded midroll can have on our potential to bring in new viewers - the friction against running ads may be lessened.

So my question: When will there be information on our dashboard analytics on how many people leave during a preroll versus midroll?

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ads on youtube are much less intrusive because you can generally skip them after a short time. I go into a twitch stream and have to watch a full 30 second ad then get hit with 4 midroll ads up to 2 minutes, I'm not sticking around. Even on ads I've skipped on youtube, I'm made aware of the product. Watching for a full 30 seconds is not going to make me more likely to buy something.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Voting is integrated into Twitch chat. When there are ads to be played, let the viewers decide which one(s) should play. This weeds out ads which the viewers of a channel don't like or have seen too often, and it will give Twitch useful feedback on the longevity and/or interest level of ads to take back to advertisers.

To avoid spamming the chat with polls, the results of an ad poll will apply to any ads played on the channel for at least two hours.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Streaming content is muted and minimized in the corner.

After the advertisements are done playing, the stream is STILL muted.

This is frustrating because I have to interrupt what I was doing to un-mute THE THING I WAS ALREADY INVESTED IN WATCHING.

Simple solution: auto-un-mute the stream.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Picture-In-Picture  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. How about giving Amazon Prime members the ability to skip Ads that are 15 seconds or longer, similar to what Youtube does.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. It is somewhat annoying to sit through a buffering high quality ad for a minute before returning to the stream.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I dont want to see ads. I will leave your site forever before watching ads. I sub to some streamers. I donate to some streamers. You don't need to greedily triple dip.

I have had a twitch account for 7 years. Ive spent hundreds if not thousands of dollars here. I havent watched very much in the last month because I am bombarded with ads if my main streamers arent streaming.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. i keep getting ads about alcohol and i have a history with that substance and i wish to not see it on my channel specifically and wish to turn any alcohol related ads off as 80% of the ads i get are bud light. i wish to just not see that on my account at all

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Pretty much what the title says. Also, instead of having the stream minimised during an ad, have the ad in picture-in-picture mode, otherwise it's just intrusive and turns viewers away. Similarly having multiple 30 second unskippable ads doesn't help either, having a small ad window eases this.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Would it not be better to put ads over the chat like the stream window in Watch Party? Streams would be still running and everybody would let it run cause it would not ruin the stream experience.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. make the ads appear at the top of chat, or under the stream like a banner,
    it doesnt need to be loud or anything just have it pop in occasionally, that plus streamers putting ads when on break should make up for the avenue you would get for just random ads.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Not sure if I'm the only one who has this problem. I can't watch any stream that has adds enabled because the add freezes after 5 seconds and the timer doesn't update/go down. I restarted my pc but the problem remains (Using twitch for many years but never had this problem).

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I get 30 second pre-roll ads for changing the quality after just watching a 30 second ad? This hurt the channel so much because I honestly just want to click off the entire site.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Pre-Rolls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I've been getting this same ad for many months now and it's starting to get annoying. If you're going to milk my patience for cash at least give me different ads.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please remove this we all know its better to be on twitch if we want to interact with the stream and im still getting this popping up every 5 - 10 minutes even with adblock turned off and restarting chrome its actually ruining twitch for me and making me want to find a better platform

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?