There was an error during translation

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. This purple screen saying I'm not watching on Twitch is just stupid. Even when I disable ad blocker it still shows up. It also says it's for 30 seconds but that "30 seconds" repeats like 10 times in a row. Being a sub to a channel stops it but why would I sub to a channel I can't watch? If this isn't amended you are going to kill your platform, please listen to you community, this won't get you profits in the long run.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The size of a channel matters when you are looking to make ad revenue. Larger audiences are likely to have a larger number of potential ad viewers. Obviously, the sub/non-sub viewer ratio is important, but larger channels are likely to have a higher potential for ad revenue than smaller channels.

Scaling the time needed to disable pre-roll ads will encourage smaller channels to run ads. When pre-roll ads are disabled, there is a higher chance a new viewer will enter the channel potentially helping to grow that channel.

To "tag" along with the idea, add a tag under a preview…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Pre-Rolls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ads have an impact on viewer retention. When someone new comes to a stream, an ad can discourage them from waiting - and simply close the tab. That hinders growth. However, self-run midrolls (to disable prerolls) may have the same effect...

If we can see the impact that running a dreaded midroll can have on our potential to bring in new viewers - the friction against running ads may be lessened.

So my question: When will there be information on our dashboard analytics on how many people leave during a preroll versus midroll?

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ads on youtube are much less intrusive because you can generally skip them after a short time. I go into a twitch stream and have to watch a full 30 second ad then get hit with 4 midroll ads up to 2 minutes, I'm not sticking around. Even on ads I've skipped on youtube, I'm made aware of the product. Watching for a full 30 seconds is not going to make me more likely to buy something.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Voting is integrated into Twitch chat. When there are ads to be played, let the viewers decide which one(s) should play. This weeds out ads which the viewers of a channel don't like or have seen too often, and it will give Twitch useful feedback on the longevity and/or interest level of ads to take back to advertisers.

To avoid spamming the chat with polls, the results of an ad poll will apply to any ads played on the channel for at least two hours.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. How about giving Amazon Prime members the ability to skip Ads that are 15 seconds or longer, similar to what Youtube does.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. It is somewhat annoying to sit through a buffering high quality ad for a minute before returning to the stream.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I commonly get these stupid purple screens saying that I should disable any adblockers and such in the middle of streams, sometimes multiple in the same stream only 10-15 minutes apart. Each one lasts for SEVERAL minutes, which makes watching streams much more uncomfortable because im missing a lot of content and having to listen and watch nothing. Are these supposed to be midroll ads despite the fact that you guys got rid of them??

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I dont want to see ads. I will leave your site forever before watching ads. I sub to some streamers. I donate to some streamers. You don't need to greedily triple dip.

I have had a twitch account for 7 years. Ive spent hundreds if not thousands of dollars here. I havent watched very much in the last month because I am bombarded with ads if my main streamers arent streaming.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Pretty much what the title says. Also, instead of having the stream minimised during an ad, have the ad in picture-in-picture mode, otherwise it's just intrusive and turns viewers away. Similarly having multiple 30 second unskippable ads doesn't help either, having a small ad window eases this.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Picture-In-Picture  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. make the ads appear at the top of chat, or under the stream like a banner,
    it doesnt need to be loud or anything just have it pop in occasionally, that plus streamers putting ads when on break should make up for the avenue you would get for just random ads.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Streaming content is muted and minimized in the corner.

After the advertisements are done playing, the stream is STILL muted.

This is frustrating because I have to interrupt what I was doing to un-mute THE THING I WAS ALREADY INVESTED IN WATCHING.

Simple solution: auto-un-mute the stream.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Not sure if I'm the only one who has this problem. I can't watch any stream that has adds enabled because the add freezes after 5 seconds and the timer doesn't update/go down. I restarted my pc but the problem remains (Using twitch for many years but never had this problem).

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I get 30 second pre-roll ads for changing the quality after just watching a 30 second ad? This hurt the channel so much because I honestly just want to click off the entire site.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Pre-Rolls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I've been getting this same ad for many months now and it's starting to get annoying. If you're going to milk my patience for cash at least give me different ads.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Please remove this we all know its better to be on twitch if we want to interact with the stream and im still getting this popping up every 5 - 10 minutes even with adblock turned off and restarting chrome its actually ruining twitch for me and making me want to find a better platform

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Streamers now have a Pre-Rolls Off Timer in the creator dashboard. This is a very nice feature, since they can see how much time is left, and they can keep the time up by doing short ads, opposed to doing 180s every hour. However, how are channel Editors supposed to know how much time is left on Pre-Rolls being disabled? They can't. The only way for us to know they're disabled is to torture our non-subs with 180s of ads every hour. 180s of ads is horrible though, and people leave.
    It would be a great help to the site,…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Currently ads played during VODs seems to break the playback position, and instead resets the VOD to the start instead of continuing where the advertisements interrupted.
    This is a common issue on mobile, and has been for a while.
    Fixing this would go a long way to help making ads less antagonizing, as this is furthering the stigma that ads are making Twitch worse to view.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Would it not be better to put ads over the chat like the stream window in Watch Party? Streams would be still running and everybody would let it run cause it would not ruin the stream experience.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Since there aren't different levels of ads and family friendly streamer have to tolerate all ads and some not appropriate, was wondering if Twitch would consider the idea if streamers could create their own ads perhaps select from a list of recommended material that Twitch would want their streamers to create ads from.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bits for Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?