Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

767 results found

1. Hola, quisiera proponer una nueva manera de hacer promoción a pequeños y medianos canales, la cual consiste básicamente en pagar promoción a Twitch para que posicione el canal en un top, por X cantidad de tiempo (dependiendo de la campaña publicitaria que se compre a Twitch)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It is frustrating to have a conversation with someone when an ad pops up. Have an individual, or aggregate count of viewers whom are watching an ad.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Why can't I cite a specific case when reporting "outside of Twitch" but instead is it reported immediately?

For some other messages you can even provide your own text explaining what the problem is in order to provide a better overview.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I haven't been getting ads for about 4 months. No idea why and twitch hasn't told me what I need to do get that revenue back. Am I demonetized forever or what? Asking support what the problem is yields only an automated response so I guess I'm screwed. Why didn't I get a warning or a notice that I would start getting 0 dollars in revenue all of a sudden?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. Duplicate Twitch with a slightly different but proper name and rebrand + recolour it for that sexual content you wanted to implement but then had to cancel.
    2. Make a proper age-verification methodology, same as Revolut uses.
    3. Voilà, you didn't ruin the Twitch brand but opened an opportunity by creating a spin-off brand for the sexual content. Money arrives with Tesla trucks.
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Since the creator of a clip can delete the clips they have created and bears some responsibility for these clips, introduce some incentive program for clip creators, for example, by running ads and ensuring that a portion of the ad revenue goes directly to the clip creator and the streamer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I don't watch twitch. But I did. I have been actively avoiding it for a couple years now since the ads literally stole absolutely everything I enjoyed about viewing a stream. The first time I wrote a comment, and got a streamer's attention - and then RIGHT as they were reading and answering my comment - boom - 30 second taco bell ad...
    It's the most greedy, lazy, and ham handed approach.

Really, my idea will ONLY work if you wake up from your fever dreams of infitine growth and infinite profits - and start LEARNING HOW to CREATE INFINITE…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I just want to say THANK YOU to whoever thought of and implemented audio only ads overlaid on the streamer’s video stream, like a podcast. I am actually still engaged with both the ad and content. Such a great improvement for users to stay engaged with the stream AND still listen to the ads. To any advertisers who would still prefer video ads, READ THIS FEEDBACK: if you have a video ad, I will just go on my phone and ignore u, but with the audio ad, I actually listened bc I still had attention on the stream. Twitch I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Metroidvania
    is a good category for alternative 2D side-scrollers with elements from action games as well as adventure games and light RPG elements

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When a stream disconnects and then reconnects, the ads manager resets. Sometimes streams disconnect multiple times and the ads manager resets and ads play after the designated ad start time that is set.

It would be great if there was a cooldown for starting the ads manager over again after a disconnect. During a disconnect, the ads manager should continue from where it left off before the disconnect.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. give everyone ads regardless where they come from and make everybody equal, no tier 1, tier 2, 3 nonsense. i have twitch streamers confronting me upfront that where i live gives them little to zero ad renevue. this is not right, this is not fair, this is segregation. every countries has ads, they have businesses and software companies, mobile game companies that pays money for advertising.

twitch should take this problem seriously as more and more streamers are looking at advertising world tiers and they look at it and they say "huh no wonder my stream isn't making money, look…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. fix the annoying bug that when a commercial starts the audio is delayed a lot and when the commercial ends the audio stream is delayed by about 1 minute depending on the number of commercials, which forces you to pause the stream and play it again.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow enrolment in the program to be paused and then resumed as necessary, rather then the current option which is just to remove yourself from the program for the current month. The reason I would find this useful is that once a month I do a tournament stream and ads are extra intrusive in this setting and trying to fit them around the content is just another thing to do during a busy stream.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The ability to advertise other streamers via images/posters. These posters, when clicked on will redirect to streamers channel (url). I have drawn up blue prints of this idea (google drive url)
    v

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bauWfl8XH4odE4T0xR_ZsKFKBr9S90sf/view?usp=sharing

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Hello.

For years now I've noticed many complaining about the user experience on Twitch concerning advertisements. I myself have also felt burdened by the frequent and interrupting ads on Twitch, which have pushed me away from the platform, so I painstakingly compiled a list of data and ideas to help improve the twitch experience.

I offer this data and feedback free of charge in hopes that Twitch will do the right thing and help rectify the seemingly declining viewership on the platform.

For this, please refer to...

DING DING DING DING DING!!!! TACO BELL!!! LOOK AT OUR BURRITOS, TACOS, AND…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Currently if you have a stream open at let's say 360p and the streamer runs mid-roll ads or if you get hit by a pre-roll ad, the picture by picture video player quality isn't the same as the one that was set in the original player, the new player will default to auto which shouldn't be happening and it should default to the original quality option.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Instead of Cramming ads down viewers throats at an unreasonable amount.

Fix the ads, so when the platform attempts to roll an ad, it doesn't freeze the page, cause buffering, and ultimately the user has to refresh the page. Only to find that the platform was attempting to roll an ad, but couldn't even manage to do that correctly.

solutions:
    hire competent programmers?
    quit trying to milk every $0.02 possible at every 5 minutes of a stream, rendering creators content, time and effort to deliver said content to users virturally unwatchable.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I have recently gotten "Free Loot" pop-up ad on streams that advertise prime ingame rewards for Apex Legends. Going to the prime gaming page i will not see that there are any available for the game and understand that this has been absent for a while so don't understand why i would get a ad for this now. Unless there are plans down the line. I would consider this false/misleading advertising. Since it promotes a prime reward that does not exist.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I am a user who uses Twitch to watch streams. Recently, I have been feeling that there are too many ads that are played at the beginning of a stream and that it is negatively impacting my viewing experience. I am also dissatisfied with the frequency and length of continuous ads that can ruin my stream viewing experience. While I understand that ads are a part of Twitch's business model, I believe it is important to avoid disrupting the viewing experience. To improve the stream viewing experience, I hope Twitch can eliminate ads played at the beginning of streams and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The banner ads are preventing interactions with Twitch Overlays. For example, while watching a Cult of the Lamb stream, various overlay interactions came up, but while banner ads were present, I was unable to click the votes or other interactive elements that appeared. Please fix this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?