Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Subscriptions

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Subscriptions

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

465 results found

1. Sometimes people receive gifted subs in channels they hardly ever watch (or have never watched!) If there was a "transfer gifted sub" option, it would be nice for those cases where the person knows someone else who does watch that channel and would appreciate the gifted sub more (as in, more likely to renew the sub).

124 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

12 comments  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Like what happened with cheering recently, I think it would be a really great idea if streamers were able to make custom badges for gifted subs (especially because the highest gift sub badge isn't high enough; see my comment to https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/310231-subscriptions/suggestions/38573176-add-higher-sub-gifting-badges). Additionally, streamers should give custom emotes if users have given a certain amount of subs.

101 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. as a viewer who lives in ME region and mostly watch NA streamers, i mostly watch only the VOD of streamer i followed/subbed to. it would be appreciated to add an option to specify the time when my sub/resub massage appear when the streamer is live to show the support without the need to be on during the live stream.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add a Prime Subscription, or the same thing with a different name, to the Twitch Turbo subscription. That would make paying for Trubo a much more desirable path towards an ad-free viewing experience than it currently is.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. subs and followers should be scraped for 60 day view counts looking for consistency over that time in growth or avg viewers per stream. A bench mark would be based on that streamer. For ex: Streamer A streamed 8 days over 60 days with total of 100 viewers with an avg of 8 viewers per live stream- streamer b streamed 45 days 2000 total views with an avg of 26 live views over that 45 days. Streamer B gets upgraded allowing viewers to tip/donate they get emotes etc. That is it. The 60 day run would begin at the streamers…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. In my opinion, lower subscription pricing is completely counterproductive in "richer" countries. A discount of 20% will not make the sub magically more affordable and will only result in a 20% loss of revenue for the streamer. Even more so for small streamers.

Please reconsider changing to a really lower price or reverting back to the full price.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I suggest there be created a "Global" Loyalty points system in addition to channel-specific points; each Twitch user would have a global "Twitch loyalty points" point balance.

Subscribing to a channel, Gifting to a channel, or spending a certain amount of time watching the in-video ads inserted by Twitch would be actions that each reward the viewer with a certain number of Twitch points Per Subscription, or Gift Sub, etc.

Finally, if the user has gifted enough subs, or subscribed to a large enough number of channels: the global Twitch loyalty points should be redeemable for various rewards - which…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I’m not rich, so I don’t want to use recurring payments to continually sub. I just want to use a token and gift one sub at a time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please make higher tiered subs more accessible for, and on all platforms such as mobile.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Hello Twitch Team,

I use bits very much and also like gifted subs. Unfortunately I have the "problem" with the subs that you can only buy and spend them directly.

Therefore, it would be great if you can buy and store gifted subs, similar to bits, to allocate them specifically.

This would have the advantage for users that you can buy a large package and not always have individual bills.
    For Twitch it has the advantage that you already have the money and it must be given later to the streamer.
    In addition, the User would certainly tend to spend…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow streamer to enable/disable option to share subscription anniversary. I always check the subs (to see if no one has unsubscribed), and each time someone shares a subscription anniversary, the bot counts as a new subscription and confuses me, as well as counting towards the goal and giving the person points.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. While local sub prices only affects individuals and their own subscriptions, sub gifting and sub gifter badges lose their value once the prices shift based on the region of the person gifting lives. I'd be happy to be able to gift more subs for the same amount of money (which is the purpose of this local sub pricing shenanigan), but this will not be the case if you live in non-participating zones; so while lucky folks get to gift 15 subs for $100 I only can gift 7.

This is also a huge problem for sub gifter badges. If you're…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It shouldn't say "Resubscribe" if you were gifted a sub, instead it should just say "Subscribe" like it normally does. I don't want it to seem like I've ever subscribed to a streamer by having it say resubscribe simply because I failed to dodge a gift sub.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Some streamers in Russia and Eastern Europe don't believe that ~$2 Tier1 subs instead of $5 is a good idea (especially after some time and subathons). They think of leaving this service.

Twitch could allow streamers to choose which tier(s) of Subscribers can use chat (Subchat, Tier2+3-Subchat, Tier3-Subchat). Also it would be great if Twitch could allow to make more smiles exclusive to Tier-2+3 or Tier-3.

These features could help streamers to have less $2 subs if they don't want to have them. And have more $3,5 or $9 subs.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I'm dodging pre-rolls like crazy. I'm not talking about muting the tab and doing something else while Twitch advertises to the void; I'm either closing Twitch and not engaging with the service or I'm going to keep refreshing, bouncing between streams until the system gives in and plays the stream without the ad—which, miraculously, works after roughly 15 seconds—a net gain given that most ads that play on Twitch much longer. And, keep in mind, the moment Twitch fixes that strange loophole, I'm going to revert back to closing Twitch and disengaging 99% of the time.

That is to say…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Turbo  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make it to where we can subscribe with our twitch prime membership on mobile. Easy peasy.

229 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Relevant Update  ·  Ana responded

Hello! Good news! You can now use your Prime on Android! Hopefully, we'll have more news in regard to its availably on iOS in the future.

18. I keep getting gift subscriptions from channels that I’m not even following, even though the setting to stop these is turned on.

Whilst it’s nice to be randomly gifted a subscription, i may only watch that streamer once and never actually watch them again.

I don’t understand what the actual issue is and why it keeps happening?

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. GIFTING SUB IN ANDROID

In android, if you want to gift a specific user subscription you have to tap their name in chat. But, in computer you can gift by typing the user's ID. So, please add a feature in android where you can gift a specific user a subscription by just typing their ID

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. In the Settings Page Under Security and Privacy there is a setting to "Hide Progressive Gifter Badge and Gifts Given Count" when enabled it hides the number of subs you have given as well as you name from showing up in the leaderboard. This works fine until you gift multiple months(note worthy the total subs given is hidden but not the leaderboard). I assume because gifting multiple months to a user counts as more than 1 sub it tracks you in the leaderboard in a separate way. I honestly am not sure if hiding the user in the leaderboard should…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?