Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Twitch Applications: Consoles

This forum is for ideas only*. Learn how it works.

We welcome your feedback about the viewing experience on console apps, but please note we cannot take feedback regarding the streaming experience on them, as it is developed by the respective console

Note: Submitting an idea does not guarantee that Twitch will take action on the feedback provided. We'll provide updates when we have new information for you. Learn about our statuses & see answers to FAQs about the feedback forums.

*Suggestions with non-constructive (no actionable) feedback, appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, and suggestions disparaging others may be closed without comment. Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery.

Support Information & Links:
  • Help Portal: Tons of articles that may answer your questions.
  • Email Support: Available to assist users 24/7, please use the Contact Us form in the Help Portal.
  • Live Chat (beta): Open to all Partners & Affiliates [Monday to Friday, from 1 AM (01:00) to 5 PM (17:00) PST].
  • @TwitchSupport (on Twitter): Available Monday to Friday, from 1 AM (1:00) to 5 PM (17:00) PST.

Twitch Applications: Consoles

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

294 results found

1. Hide the camera from yourself or give the application the option to put chat and camera in its own column next to the game picture. When you stream the PS5, the camera image is always on top of the game image and in front of the data. A separate column for chat and camera, just like it used to be on PS4.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  PlayStation  ·  Admin →
  2. If console watchers had access to pc and knew about this area, there would be thousands of requests to fix your useless and broken console app.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Why remove the ability to text while using the PlayStation app. I just don't understand the concept you just made me not want to use twitch even more. I don't understand how removing the ability to type on the PlayStation app helps twitch in any way shape or form if anything it definitely makes things more difficult for people who want to watch on their big TV like me but also occasionally want to send a message to the Creator.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. This is the same issue people are having on consoles. You can only watch Twitch on the smart tv twitch app, and even if you have a keyboard connected to your TV the app doesn't have the functionality to let you use your keyboard to chat. it would save electricity and the life of our pc's and consoles if we could just use the smart tv, having to chat on a phone is too slow.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Not being able to chat on console is an issue. I like the idea of the phone chat option but keep it just that; an option.
    Not being able to tab full screen and chat using Square button is frustrating. Having to search for full screen and chat tab is frustrating.
    Square no longer has an input command.
    New home page seems cluttered and messy compared with previous version.
    In summary, simple is better and being able utilize controller to tab fullscreen and to chat worked just fine in the previous version.

I do thank you for removing the double…

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  PlayStation  ·  Admin →
  6. You updated the PS4 app to all the features everyone already hates on the PS5 app (absolute genius move :sarcasm:) .At least make it available to watch all available vods and search collections for a channel instead of limiting to a tiny bs amount.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I'm still just getting started, only have a handful of followers total. However, I should be allowed to protect personal account from the public by restricting them from viewing and following my PS profile. On PS I have it set to not be public, only my actual friends can view my profile. Yet somehow Twitch bypasses this and allows people to actually follow my PS profile instead of my Twitch streamer profile.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. VODs go to a grey screen after about 3-5 mins of playtime. Please fix!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →
  9. I would love a Twitch App to come to the Rogers Ignite Streaming service here in Canada!

https://www.rogers.com/support/internet/introducing-ignite-streaming

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. If console watchers had access to pc and knew about this area, there would be thousands of requests to fix your useless and broken console app.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. The year is 2023 and we still don't have closed captioning on the PS4 app. This is a failure of accessibility and needs to be rectified ASAP.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I’m tired of watching or streaming streams that have no background music because of copyright

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. There's no reason the Series X/S can't stream at 60 FPS in 2022. I use Lightstream and despite offering 60 FPS as a subscription, it doesn't work due to the Twitch app not being updated to handle it.

110 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Xbox  ·  Admin →
  14. 25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Hello there Dev Team and Requirements Engineering!

I am a Twitch User on PS5 Console.

a lot of Context Menus are available only by using Analog-Sticks or Dpad.

(O) Circle for "back"
    (X) Cross/X-Button for "enter/klick"... and so on

Recently i started facing a lot of proposed channels about a topic i followed with a lot of streamers that simply do not appeal to me or use the topic to get popular and actually streaming completely different things.

my response to that is usually like this:
    X, Right, Down, X, (3-dots menu), down, X (this channel doesn't interest you?), "are…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I think twitch on xbox needs updating...
    I got a xbox series x. Prior i had a xbox one and a one s. I use to stream off both of those no issues. However when im streaming off of my xbox series x an hour with in to streaming or just at random times there is a horrable white static noise that will not go away unless you pause the stream and un pause the stream. I have done every troubleshooting step under the and even sent my equipment to be checked out by Microsoft. All of it came back…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Xbox  ·  Admin →
  17. Be able to communicate and chat while using chat on all previous gen and current gen of gaming consoles (Xbox, PlayStation, and Nintendo)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Console Request  ·  Admin →
  18. Currently as it stands, web based viewers and those on a console (to my knowledge) do no thave the option under quality settings to switch the chat to audio only like you can on the mobile app. It would help those who have lower grade internet at home (like myself) who can't do anything more than watch a stream because it takes up all the internet.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please revert the twitch app to the old native console application. The new app resembles the TV interface and is far less user friendly. The update is a complete downgrade with no benefits whatsoever. Some examples on PS5
    - No longer able to chat in the application.
    - We can no longer close the video overlay by pressing Circle. Doing that exits the video we are watching! We now have to wait for a few seconds for the video overlay to fade out on its own.

This is a horrible update that was completely unnecessary. The old app worked just…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. My friends are all on different platforms, so they can’t join an Xbox party. Any of my viewers can’t hear them and it’s really disappointing. Please fix!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Xbox  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?