Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I think it would be really nice if stream teams could have access to an official team emote that only members of the stream team can use in any chat to support the team and help promote the team.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  NSFW Filter  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. There is a bug I've seen a few dozen times where a user will be banned in a channel without ever having talked in it or, more importantly, without a record of a ban occurring from any moderators. These bans are always on 7/25/2019, at 4:39 PM, and are often done by someone who wasn't a moderator of the channel at the time. Unbanning these users works as normal, but they need to request an unban or we can't fix anything - meaning we have no idea how widespread this issue is.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I like this feature as it allows me to see what the person ,another person replied to, said. It gives needed context and means I don't have to waste time scrolling up trying to find the original message. Although one thing to improve is that you need to click on message first in order to select and copy text which is a tad inconvenient. Other than that, this is a great much needed feature

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat Replies (experiment)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. custom badge for TEAM.
    Members can Hide or show badge in chat.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. On mobile there should be an option to change chat position from the right side being default to the left side while in landscape mode. This would be ideal for streams that have webcams on the right side of the stream for a better watching experience.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chatlist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. with the advent of the new mod tools i feel now is the right time to introduce word a replacement for chat. As an example, the channel owner and mods have the option to set replacements so if someone wants to be inflammatory by typing "oi your hair is stupid" the message appears in chat as "hello your hair is super". in the example the word "oi" is replaced with "hello" and "stupid" replaced with "super", this should be case insensitive and have replaced words highlighted so mods can check what was replaced with the original message posted in mod…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. This idea specifically pertains to command driven channels, like Twitch Plays Pokemon, SaltyBet, and the like. Generally in channels like this it becomes very difficult to read conversation when the chat is flooded by commands, and depending on the channel, bot responses to those commands.

My suggestion would be to grant channel owners the option to have a bot/command specific chat log, perhaps with a simple vertical separation from the standard chat, so as to separate commands from conversation.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. userid and userlogin tags for IRC notices would help with further programatic actions instead of replying on parsing the display name from the notice. Parsing a display name does not always work to retrieve user information (e.g. when in Korean).

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I like the 1st badges, they are a nice idea. But I would also like to have the posibilty to change it, so I'm able to use the regular Subbadge of the channel. In some cases would like to see the channel's badges instead of the 1st badge

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. In slow-moving chat the “More messages below.” text obscures the last message. Maybe it would be better if it was a bit lower down so we could read the last msg?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. With recent outcries against the innocuous "lurk bots" being seen in the chatter list I had the thought that it may be time to rework the list functionality a bit and provide some options to the broadcaster of what is shown in that list.

This would help the broadcaster (and others looking at the list) to see what they want to see, without unnecessary information that may not be helpful overall.

I suggest the following changes:
    * Full rework of the list in functionality and use.
    * Offer options in settings on the type of data that is displayed.
    *…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. It would be nice to have an option to temporarily disable follower only chat mode during a raid from another channel, with an option to set how many minutes follower only would be disabled. Or have twitch chat recognize who came over from the raid, and allow them to chat despite follower only mode being active.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make chat customizable so streamers can turn on/off different stuff and combine them like badges/colors etc and make each chat unique.
    In my case I'd like to turn off nickname color, combine all badges into one (i.e. if viewer is a sub and prime one then he will have badge with crown, if he is sub and moderator then he will have badge with green border), in case of regular viewer (just follower but always watches the stream) then he will have his nickname color

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Because apparently you cannot be contacted anywhere, and moderators are way over their heads, removing comments with NOTHING wrong, by the rules and relevant answer to another comment. This is ridiculous, I waited long for the account, long for the permission to say something to chat in a place what I decided to watch and follow. And I answered to normal comment, with normal comment. nothing ******, nothing violent, only normal. like "<the users thing> is a fraud, but this is beautiful> .. hundreds of comment above mentioned beauty, and there was nothing wrong. When I commented about that atrocity,…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Banned viewers can use raids as an opportunity to do the things that got them banned from said channel.

Another idea to fix the suggestion I have is if someone gets banned, they will not be allowed to watch the stream either, and they cannot access the twitch channel page for said streamer.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Mods are banning users across multiple channels without reason.

Owners of channels need more transparency when it comes to bans from rogue mods. These mods are blatantly abusing their powers to ban users from channels that they have never even chatted in. These users are bringing this issue up to other mods like myself, and I've experienced it personally from corrupt mods. We need more methods of dealing with rogue mods that are banning users. They need to flag users, and have owners of channels make the final move. This current method is empowering people that have no reason being…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I’ve begun building an interactive intermission application for use on Twitch. Yesterday, the application was working fine.

Today I woke up and chat messages sent via IRC are not visible to users in real time.

Any messages sent by my application show up as past messages when a new user enters the chat, but no messages sent will appear in real time – they only update if the user re-enters the chat by reloading or opening the chat in a new window.

For example, if the bot sends a consecutive integer every second. User 1 joins 10 seconds after the…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Bot spam, bulk follows, etc. have always been a problem but it seems that this is only growing more prevalent as time goes on. Additionally, the phenomenon of troll raids has been something I've become more aware of over time and suspect is growing as well.

Having a feature where streamers and moderators can bulk select users based on criteria (e.g. follow age, view time, joining from a specific raid, message pattern posted in chat, user name, etc.) and then use a single action to report and ban / timeout / block users would be immensely helpful in combating these…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 30 31
  • Don't see your idea?