Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Possibility to send a request to friends or other streamers which are streaming together to merge their chat together while they are streaming together so viewers can chat to both streamers without having to have multiple chats/streams open.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The word "trans" alone is not a bad word and therefore should not be censored in Twitch chat. It seems silly to censor "trans" in chat, considering it's just a shortened version of"transgender," which exists as a stream tag.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  NSFW Filter  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey there,

Thank you so much for this feedback. When trying to use ‘trans’ on Twitch what is being said where it is censored? Is it in chat or go live messages? We did have an issue a while back where ‘trans’ was incorrectly censored but we were able to correct that.

Providing some examples just helps us narrow down how this is happening and how we can resolve this.

3. (user in chat)

hello

my idea in users in chat

show list of who subscriber channels

like :

Broadcaster

Moderators

VIPs

subscribers

Users

https://i.imgur.com/UgrRvpR.png

and that all thing i have

thank you for read

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chatlist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. People who receive a gifted sub in the first month should also be allowed founder badge.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. On Discord, you can react to a message with an emote or emoji. This allows people to react to a comment without clogging up the chat with "LOL" or "yes/no", etc. The streamer would be able to opt-in to it to prevent it when it isn't wanted.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. One of my Twitch friends inadvertently blocked me. He would send me whispers, but I couldn't reply. Every time I attempted to reply, I would see the message "That user's settings prevent them from receiving this whisper." It would be helpful if a similar message was displayed for a Twitch user whispering someone he or she has blocked - "You're whispering someone whom you've blocked. That person is unable to whisper back to you."

Also, it seems as though blocking someone from whispering automatically blocks receiving a DM from them. In situations where someone was blocked inadvertently, it would be…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Users sending a spoiler could use this command to show it only to the people that really wants to see it. When using /spoiler followed by a message the chat will instead display a "Spoiler" button which when clicked will show the message.

Examples:
    /spoiler The cake is a lie!
    /spoiler The girl dies at the end of the game!
    /spoiler The princess is not on this castle!
    /spoiler Kappa

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Some streamers with huge numbers have no choice but to have chat in sub only mode. What if you had two chats, all-chat, and a sub only chat, and the streamer could decide which they wanted to look at, whilst the entire community could still communicate with one another.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Twitch has imposed a 4,000 character limit for DMs. It would be extremely helpful if there was a counter with the composition window that showed a user how many remaining characters may be typed in a message before that limit is reached.

I learned of this limit the hard way; one time I clicked 'Send' on a message, only to get a screen with a red box across the top of it informing me my message had exceeded the character limit and my message hadn't been sent. Unfortunately, the text of that message was lost too.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. You are currently capable of reviewing those deleted messages but most people are not interested in that and at least in my small audience i heard that they would love to have an option removing those "message deleted" messages entirely.
    Make it default perhaps?
    Mods and people that actually care about that (for honesty ... what reason...?) can turn it on in the settings.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. New Chat badge for how long you’ve been with Twitch I think it would be a neat feature for users to earn a chat badge for a specific amount of the time that they have been on Twitch.

In my opinion, a 5-year badge would be appropriate for this feature (i.e. If I created my account in 2011, I would earn a badge in 2016).
    There can be a 1-year badge, 3-year badge, 5-year badge, 5+-year badge and then a Twitch founder badge for people that have created their accounts in 2011

This would also be a great way of…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make it possible for mobile users to access and use community challenges so that all viewers have a chance of contributing instead of only PC users

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. When a user is banned, currently they can still follow the channel. Some trolls use this to get past mods who are removing game spoilers from the chat by following, as this often brings up alerts and non deletable messages in the chat with the spoiler. A example of this has been seen often in The Last of Us 2 streams where they spoil the ending. This has happened repeatedly on a stream I moderate, and across multiple others, pre-emptive banning to try and stop them does nothing to stop them following.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When watching popular channels, the chat is often a wall of emote spam not saying anything, and any 'actual' chat messages disappear too fast to read. It would be very useful to hide any messages that are just repeated emotes.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. This would be very handy when chat is spamming a global emote nonstop and timing people out isn't helping

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. This is another anti-troll feature to combat trolls who evade chat bans by just creating new accounts. Whenever new users sign up for an account, they have to verify their account with a phone number, much like how Gmail and Hotmail verify new accounts. Each phone number can only be used to verify an address X times per year (for example, 3 per year).

This will make it harder for trolls to constantly create new accounts to evade chat bans. You can even give broadcasters the option of preventing people who haven't verified their accounts with a phone number from…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. It would be great if a stream team could upload a chat badge for streamers in that team.

• Showing the badge Twitch-wide, or just in the stream chats of that stream team's members, is a choice to be made.
    • If only that stream team's members' chats, it could be a generic badge, or a custom one uploaded by the team's founder. If it was Twitch-wide, it'd need to be a custom one.

This would be great for repping a stream team, and building a greater sense of team spirit. Chat bots could potentially also use these badges to…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  NSFW Filter  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Making it so banning will remove the persons follow. Maybe make it so if they have been banned for over 30 minutes it auto removes the follow and blocks them from following again. Maybe also putting a little notification that shows up in their notifications that they have been removed from following ( username ) due to a recent ban in that stream. Then it would have a timer with the amount of time left before they can ask for an unban request and if accepted regains their follow age.

Thanks in advance for looking at this , LinoYeen

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. There have been many times where a follower in chat has asked to be called a certain name, other than their Twitch username. If there is a way that the streamer can assign a nickname to a person in chat, that only the streamer can see, I think that would be helpful and a way to connect even better with regular viewers.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?