Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. There is no solid reason that in 2020 we do not have pronoun badges on Twitch!

Viewers and streamers alike would benefit tremendously. Viewers can relax knowing they will be far less likely to be misgendered by other viewers or the streamer. Streamers can seamlessly glance to the left of the chatters' name, especially seeing as usernames can be unclear.

Everyone from new strangers to valuable members of the community could enjoy this feature.

Better Visibility + Better Connections = Better Community.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. If you want to make it easier for users to follow a conversation (which is a good idea, even if this implementation seems messy), let their @ mentions be a separate tab that they can click into and see, rather than cluttering the main chat experience.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat Replies (experiment)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. There is a checkbox in "Channel & Videos" tab of your channel settings, called "Opt out of globally banned words filter".

I had it enabled since I started streaming a month ago. And today I discovered, that it does not work - some words, like "tranny" for example, are still replaces with asterisks to everyone else in chat. I was disappointed.

I despise any form of censorship. When I come to other streams and I see their chat rules "Be nice, no spam..." - I respect the rules. Its their choice. Why can't Twitch respect my own choice to treat…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. For over a year now, many users have to reload the Twitch page to see new whisper.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. When actively chatting or just lurking with a stream in the background, I often miss when I receive a whisper. Please add the option for a notification sound when I receive a whisper

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Whispers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. This suggestion is basicly 2 ideas together:
    1- Adding a way to toggle the stream to mod-only mode. Right now we have sub-only mode, but in bigger channels it would be good to have a mod-only mode to do announcements, warnings, etc.

2- Adding a separate mod chat, where only mods could see the messages and chat.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I guess it would make sense to put this somewhere in the User's settings, but it would be convenient for a user to see a list of all channels that they're banned from chatting in. Channels can currently see all the users who are banned from chatting in their channel, but what about a list of channels that have banned the user from chatting in their chats. This would also make it easier to figure out which channels to speak to and try to get unbanned from.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. AYUDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Sometimes we want both badges to appear (founder and subscriber badge). It could be nice if both can appear at the same time and specifically if founder looks like a flair on the main subscriber badge.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. When replying to users, an individual is required to remove their hand from the keyboard to the mouse to click on the message of the user.
    For a smoother replying experience, more in-line with the current practice of using '@', I would suggest offering '@@[user]' to reply to the thread containing the last message of that user. If there is no last message, this would default to '@' behaviour.
    This update would improve accessibility for users that have difficulty using a mouse and also facilitates ease-of-use for those without accessibility requirements. Overall I believe this would improve the utility of,…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat Replies (experiment)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Streamers should get notifications when their MODs or VIPs enter their chat.

This enables the streamer to give recognition as well as take solace in knowing that the chat is being monitored.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Currently, removing a viewer's message also removes the previous message. Allow the removal of a single message.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add a follow button to the in chat user interface. We now have the ability as a streamer or viewer to add friends, whisper, gift sub, see previous messages etc. but no ability to follow directly from chat. It would save multiple clips and the additional need of opening another tab. Personally I have other streamers come into my chat and I want to follow them right then while I'm live.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. It would be nice if companies could add verified dev twitch accounts associated with their games, and if the dev's were in chats of streams playing those games they could get a special game dev badge in chat to show that.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. On Discord, you can react to a message with an emote or emoji. This allows people to react to a comment without clogging up the chat with "LOL" or "yes/no", etc. The streamer would be able to opt-in to it to prevent it when it isn't wanted.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Twitch removes my name from banned words :(

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  NSFW Filter  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Desde ayer a la noche, mis mensajes no se leen en los chats, no entiendo por que.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Making the chat not lag so you don’t post something randomly in chat and so you can see the chat in real time instead of having to refresh the app because chat gets stuck causing you to miss out on replies and other comments

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat Replies (experiment)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Twitch should create a chat badge for editors, such as VIPs, administrators and moderators. It can be a square with a pencil inside, for example

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Users will be able to purchase emotes in an "Emote Shop". Streamers can choose how much to charge for each of their emotes. The user can purchase emotes from various streamers and will be charged monthly for a one lump sum per month, 3 months, 6 months, or unlimited time price. This will encourage revenue for streamers from people that don't want to pay the full subscription price. This will also make people want to collect emotes from different streamers. Perhaps a trophy system of some sort could be included with this system to encourage people to buy more emotes…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?