Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please get some community feedback on how this should be added, modifications to chat greatly impact every community.

This idea makes sense, and I welcome and encourage it. This will be useful for mods and broadcasters to easily show they've responded to a question or concern, group bot replies and overall improve the chat experience, but its current implementation is messy. Consider reviewing the user experience that this holds. Although early and only a snippet of what the FrankerFaceZ maintainer has done, here is a prime example of a much better integration you could have:
    https://twitter.com/SirStendec/status/1293255682070913027

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Chat Replies  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Having 12h times is confusing, since where I live, all printed times are always given in 24h format.

I'd like there to be a UI option to switch between.

If feasible, the default settings whould depend on the user's locale, so most people would never need to touch it - it'd be "right" for them automatically.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sometimes we want both badges to appear (founder and subscriber badge). It could be nice if both can appear at the same time and specifically if founder looks like a flair on the main subscriber badge.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Need a short way to disable inbound raids for a nominated number of minutes.
    Proposed use-case: Im streaming and I know I will end in say 10 mins. It benefits no-one if a raid-in occurs during that last10 mins. Being able to issue a short command to temporarily disable Allow raids would be quite utility in nature
    At the end of the time specified the raid settings as per channel settings would be restored

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. For over a year now, many users have to reload the Twitch page to see new whisper.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. To turn on or off the timestamp for chatmessages is a great feature but, it's very annoying you can't select 24 hours format. Please add an option to select between 12 and 24 hour time format.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. If you want to make it easier for users to follow a conversation (which is a good idea, even if this implementation seems messy), let their @ mentions be a separate tab that they can click into and see, rather than cluttering the main chat experience.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat Replies  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I think that streamers should have the ability to be able to make their own custom mod and vip badges, without frankerfacez.

Since not every streamer has FFZ, they should have the ability to make their own since the default sword and diamond can potentially not fit a streamers theme/color theme. A lot of streamers have those. and the current colors can not fit those

Sure, sub badges are meant for those in a way, but if a streamer wants it all to fit together, custom vip and mod badges would be a great help to those streamers

If you…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. An idea that would help streamers control chat from back seating when playing puzzle games.

Allowing mods to put singular users into emote only mode if repeat offenders.

Allowing extra blacklisted words and phrases to be activated when only in this mode. (blacklisting things like 'the other way' 'wrong shape' ect ect.. for aslong as the mode is active.

Adding a banner somewhere in chat or overlay somewhere letting users know anti-backseat mode is active and not to do it.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I think you could follow the chat easier if it was not immediately pushed one line up, instead it should be pushed in from bottom with a small animation.

the speed of the animation could be calculated by an algorithm involving messages/minute(second) the more messages the faster the animation.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. The ability to @mod so everyone who is a mod gets to see the message and not just the one the persons @'ts

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add a follow button to the in chat user interface. We now have the ability as a streamer or viewer to add friends, whisper, gift sub, see previous messages etc. but no ability to follow directly from chat. It would save multiple clips and the additional need of opening another tab. Personally I have other streamers come into my chat and I want to follow them right then while I'm live.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. To help combat hate raids while streamers are off-line, how about a feature to disable chat when a streamer is offline? It can be a simple feature toggle "Disable off-line chat", or even include the ability for viewers to chat for a period of time after the end of stream before disabling. Also, a switch would allow streamers to leave it on, in case they use it for community features.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The same way you can blacklist and whitelist terms in the chat, it would be useful to be able to whitelist links in the chat. Using a bot for this is not ideal because the links is deleted by the bot and still visible to users with extensions. Messages with links should not be sent at all and some links/domains should be whitelistable

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The word "trans" alone is not a bad word and therefore should not be censored in Twitch chat. It seems silly to censor "trans" in chat, considering it's just a shortened version of"transgender," which exists as a stream tag.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  NSFW Filter  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey there,

Thank you so much for this feedback. When trying to use ‘trans’ on Twitch what is being said where it is censored? Is it in chat or go live messages? We did have an issue a while back where ‘trans’ was incorrectly censored but we were able to correct that.

Providing some examples just helps us narrow down how this is happening and how we can resolve this.

16. When replying to users, an individual is required to remove their hand from the keyboard to the mouse to click on the message of the user.
    For a smoother replying experience, more in-line with the current practice of using '@', I would suggest offering '@@[user]' to reply to the thread containing the last message of that user. If there is no last message, this would default to '@' behaviour.
    This update would improve accessibility for users that have difficulty using a mouse and also facilitates ease-of-use for those without accessibility requirements. Overall I believe this would improve the utility of,…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat Replies  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Currently, removing a viewer's message also removes the previous message. Allow the removal of a single message.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Twitch should create a chat badge for editors, such as VIPs, administrators and moderators. It can be a square with a pencil inside, for example

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. So i have been streaming for a little bit now. I really like watching twitch streams from other country's but its hard to talk to them because of language difference. yesterday i was streaming and 12 Korean natives stopped by. They Knew a little English but not enough to type it. it would be cool if chat auto translated so streamers or viewer could read the chat. i wanna know what they are saying in chat when I watch Non English streamers and it might help streamers reach more people

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I'd really love a proper DM system similar to other social sites, group chats, good comms, stable software etc. Personally love Instagram and twitter format, but ours really... sucks. I have ZERO incentive to use Twitch as a means of communication. I run a lot of giveaways for big streamers and have to DM people which usually results in a blacklist because im messaging too many people, hence why I never use whispers and just ask people to DM me on other platforms. I'd love to see reactions enabled, proper linking and formatting, no weird server disconnects, messages not sending/appearing,…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Whispers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?