Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

954 results found

1. Allow streamers to set the number of comments that are allowed to be posted in their chat channel per minute, implemented through a simple comment queue system.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I think it would be cool to see a badge or something for accounts that were originally from justin.tv. My account is almost 9 years old and I’ve been a long time lerker.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Twitch chat in popular channels is more about reactions than it is about actual chat. Unfortunately - as fun as chat spam can be - it makes moderation difficult and completely destroys any semblance of discussion that the streamer or chatters may want to have. r9k mode was an answer but, unfortunately, breaks down the way certain chat bots work and ruins, rather than facilitates, certain forms of chat that streamers may want.

I propose that streamers be given the option to enable a customizable "popular messages" feature for their chat. Such a feature would catch any message spam and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow 2 different user name font colors - one for dark theme background and another for light theme background which switches back and forth automatically.
    Some colors look great in one version but are literally unreadable in the other.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Right now when you turn chat on or off, that setting is applied to every channel. However, most users wind up wanting chat turned on for some channels and off for others, and those preferences are fairly consistent. So keeping an on/off state per channel would avoid having to manually switch chat on or off.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Recently i started to watch more twitch VODs while doing other stuff and there is one thing that i thought will help other users like me.
    If you use one screen and watch streams, you can set your browser with a stream to just half of your screen, but then your player is really small if you count chat on the side. http://i.imgur.com/ZLGUp1w.png
    I was making it work by using chat in popout and setting in under the stream on one side of the monitor like this http://i.imgur.com/isjtjQ5.png It was the best i could do when watching live.
    Unfortunately it…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. In stream option it would be a list element with options to add new items to this list.

List name : Slow Chat Based On Viewers [+]

Would allow the option for larger streams to increase the duration of slow chat based on a threshold of viewers. The more people that join the longer the slow chat duration. This would assist with automatic chat control, and allow streamers the peace of mind that when they stream later and viewer count goes down that the restrictions placed on chat would automatically get lifted. Option to add threshold would also be ideal.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When the streamer chooses the "Restrict Chat Language" option, you see a popup on the chat and can't send messages until you click on it. Once you do and the popup disappears, there is no way to check if the chat is in language restricted mode. I visit many channels and it would be very hard to remember which ones had the language restriction and which didn't, and I don't want to seem annoying to the streamer or other chatters. Also I've noticed that you get no notice about it as moderator of the channel either, so if streamer forgets…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. So, with the brief time I have spent watching some YouTube streamers there is something I noticed that I really enjoyed. Which was the ability to have a Sponsor and Non-Sponsor chat (Sponsor being YouTube's equivalent to Twitch Subscribers).

The reason I think Twitch would benefit from this would be mainly for larger streamers to be able to define some subscriber questions from the mess of thousands of non-subscribers either spamming or just saying general nonsense without having to take away non-subscribers from chatting/spamming/having fun.

Just a small idea that I think wouldn't hurt Twitch at all to allow streamers…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I propose a mass user chat filter/ignore feature where you are able to set certain mass filters to finally rid the spam/trolls/racists etc from chat.

Examples:

1) A user could set their chat to ignore all users under a certain age (say 18 for example) -- this will reduce the immature chat

2) Ignore chat from all subs from JohnDoe's stream (some streams are spam heavy which bleeds into other channels)

3) Ignore all users who use certain words (allows user to add custom or pre-selected filters for users who use abusive/hateful language)

This feature will hopefully allow a positive…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. After clicking "View all rooms" add a option to see latest messages you've been mentioned in, while being in the channel(s).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Twitch partners get more "distinct" colors

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The popup for the emote description that comes up when cursoring over an emote in chat is causing it to be hard to select things in chat. I.E. when highlighting a raid message to right click and copy it when the channel you are watching raids another channel.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Or popout the stream in a better place where people wouldn't mind it to be blocked, like the following sidebar.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When you raid another channel, viewers have the option to leave the raid. Sometimes they never have the option to raid out and are left behind, or maybe saw the channel was live in a directory and joined to an offline channel with no idea where they raided. The burden is left on the streamer or moderators to ensure the channel is linked in chat to notify anyone who missed out.

My request is to add UI that shows the channel that was recently, successfully raided to along with a clickable link. It can look like one of the existing…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. This is more of a user-experience change, though I was unable to find a category for it. I'm also including that as a suggestion because it provides context.

Suggestion: If multiple twitch channels are open, and I receive a push notification for a whisper/message and I close the message on one tab, it should send a push to the other tabs to close that message on those channels as well

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I would like the option to better format the pinned messages. For example being able to list a few bulletpoints. Right now it clumps it all together no matter what and that makes the message not come across that well. Or some other way longer messages could be shared with good visibility.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Luego de que pasen 3 semanas (afiliación realizada el 11/2/24) aún no me aprueban mi solicitud

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Windows 11, Google Chrome, When I Alt tab, then go back to the chrome window with twitch, text it typed backwards in the chat box. It would be nice if this didn't happen. it only happens with twitch and not other websites. It's not related to ctrl+shift, and its not related to related to the insert key. Pls Fix!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. VALORANT_jpnを視聴していますがチャット欄が特定配信者の視聴者がその配信者内の試合に関係ない文化のコメントを使用しすぎていて、チャット欄を占拠状態でとても不快です。200人以上はブロックしています。
    何とかしてAuto modみたいにブラックリスト機能を他配信を見ているときに付けれないでしょうか。それか、簡単にブロックできるようにしてほしいです。

ー不快な例ー
    ・関係ない人の名前を突拍子もなく出す(LIVE試合に出てない、当日の試合の選手でもない人。何で?)
    ・同じスタンプを10個まとめて出す。大量の人が同じスタンプを出す(チャットが流れる原因なので配信として良くない)
    ・{配信者}行くわ(配信を見に来ている・してる側が不快になるだけなのでマジでカスなコメント。)
    ・調べればすぐわかることをチャットで聞く。これは特定配信者の視聴者関係ないけど(chatbotや○○さんについてにリンクありますよね?)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Users in Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?