Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

969 results found

1. [ESP] Crearía otro Roles para darle a tus seguidores. Por ejemplo: 2 tipos de VIP. (VIP Legendarios/Dorado y VIP Común). O Roles personalizados con un icono custom.

[ENG] I would create another Roles to give to your followers. For example: 2 types of VIP. (Legendary VIP / Gold and Common VIP). Or Custom roles with a custom icon.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I'd like to see a "Safe User Chat List" As it currently is I am being plagues by bot accounts spammers and griefers. I know I can add a few people to VIP and Mod, but those were folks that have occasionally subscribed. This means I no longer get the occasional sub from them. Due to the current griefer/bot garbage I've had to set my chat to subscriber only.

If I had a Safe user Chat-list I could add people to, to allow them to chat then they coudl still donate, and even when not subbed still chat.
    We need…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. There is currently a section for weekly top gifters/cheers. There should also be a section for weekly top rewards winners. This would encourage users to interact with channel points more often and allow users that aren't financially able to get top gifts/cheers to still get to the top of the leaderboards.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please make it possible for streamers to have chat go from top to botton, or bottom to top.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Polls  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Twitch really needs some sort of a reputation system for each person in a chat. Every time someone toxic is flagged/reviewed by a moderator in any streamer's chat, their rating could drop. Then channels could set a minimum rating level requirement. Have a low rating for being a toxic human? So long!

Of course, there would be bully mods that pick on people in chat that they do not like and dock them points on purpose. That could be a problem. It's just really annoying when you are conversing with a decent human in chat and then a negative, immature…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. By using chat commands, a streamer or mod can ban and block a user, which is good if there is a need to remove someone from the chat, but I believe there should be an option to report a user in a similar fashion, for example:

/report [user] [reason]

With many bans and blocks relating to bots and the recent rise in IP grabbing/unaccessible bot channels, I believe there should be an alternate way to report the user.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commands  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Can we have live usernames, like neon colored ones or rainbow colored that you can buy from twitch. twitch could implement these and sell them for a reasonable price. Inside a store designated for users specifically

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Sometimes the enter key gets bumped when typing messages, which then submits a message that is incomplete according to the chatter's intent. Having the user level option to require Shift + Enter to submit a chat message would be harder to accidentally trigger this scenario.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I would love if Twitch could add something special for pride month! (Apart from the Pride emotes ofc!!!)

So I was thinking, what if we were to add a chat appearance setting to change your name to rainbow during pride month? it would be absolutely adorable and a way for us to all come together as one!

I don’t know if this would be possible, but it’s just an idea!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. There should be a way to chat while watching on full screen. Have a small space to type your message and keep the way messages are shown on the in game chat. (the way the streamer can see messages on their screen while playing. But add a chat bar for the people watching the gamer.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Would be great to have a tool that allows people from chat to collaborate (play together) in video games. Since they are watching a stream they most likely play the game and most of the time like-minded people watch the same streamer. Making it seamless to play with someone from chat would increase community collaboration.

Link steam, blizzard, uplay or origin with Twitch. Need to allow users to send invite to become friends on a client or to invite to game.

Hit me up if you have questions on the feature request.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I would love a Twitch chat with a better performance because when I type something in Chat I have to wait sometimes up to 3 seconds until the message gets sent and I did not ever have the same problem with external chat programs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When I try to whisper someone, a pop up chat appears under the stream screen as default but when that happens I cannot see the buttons of full-screen, clip or settings. I believe that's a UX problem and should be improved.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Whispers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Let the content creator can change the background theme of the chatbox. So, it can be more than the normal White or Black theme chatbox. What do I mean about that, I'm talking about a little bit of customization. The content creator can the background color to Red, Blue, to Twitch's iconic Purple color, or whatever they like as long it's following Twitch's TOS. The letter's color will automatically change to adapt to the background color, so the viewers can still see the chat easily.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The "Chat Filters" option should be stored server side and global (for all channels) and not just in a cookie. I don't want to disable the filters every time I log in to Twitch and set it for every single channel separately.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I was doing a Qna and I wanted it to be a little more interactive. So I am suggesting voice recording chat.
    So, a viewer that wants to say something with their voice gets 10 seconds or (set-time) to say anything you want and the whole stream gets to hear it when requested. This would work if mods would review the voice recording to hear and see if its appropriate or not.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I've been looking at the way messages refresh in a busy chat channel. All messages are shifted upward every time a refresh takes place, thus, changing their location all the time. This makes it difficult to finish reading messages, as your eyes need to re-adjust constantly to new messages as well as all old messages re-appearing in new places. This is the case, even though messages stay on-screen sufficient time to read them, if only they didn't move.

So, currently you see:
    message 1
    message 2
    message 3 <--

followed by
    message 2
    message 3 <--
    message 4

and:
    message…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. For example when the entire chat spams "LUL" emote because something funny happened, you just have to left click at one of the "LULs" sent by users and it automatically gets put into your "Send a Message" box ready to use.

This would make the Chat more active because you dont have to type the entire emote name especially if its an emote you dont know the name of, then you could just click on it and send it, instead of checking the name and typing it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. One aspect of Twitch I personally dislike is that any user can obtain any color in your room. Its detrimental to the theme you've created, or purchased, for your stream. It isn't personalized to you, its personalized to them...

I would absolutely love it if Twitch streamers had an option to set up customized username colors for their chatters based on their interactions.

For example;
    - First-time viewer; Green
    - Viewer that hasn't followed; Gray
    - Follower; Purple
    - Donator; Orange
    etc...

This way, you can see at a glance who contributes to your stream regularly, and not only that,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?