Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

980 results found

1. So i always try to find clips in certain live streams after they end and alot of the times they are 12H live streams so its borderline impossible at the moment to find a 15S clip. The feature I would love to see is chat search where essentially you can search through all the messages in the stream vod and its really easy even for the streamer or editor to find the moment they were looking for exactly especially if they remember a specific message from a specific user then they could type that in pn some sort of promp…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I cannot find an option to switch off going with raid to another streamers channel. Why should I go there against my will?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. We are experimenting with a new feature that allows new viewers in a channel to introduce themselves via a simple prompt. Messages sent through this feature will be highlighted to the rest of Chat with an invitation to welcome the user via chat reply or @mention. This feature is in a limited release, and we will monitor feedback before deciding whether to make it more widely available.

Channels are enrolled in the experiment automatically and randomly, and creators can toggle the feature on and off in their Moderation settings under Chat Options: https://dashboard.twitch.tv/settings/moderation

We'd love to hear your thoughts and…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I was recently chatting with some other streamers and we agreed that this would be great.

When streaming, the streamer will often have the Chat popped out in their browser. But there's no way to know if a new Whisper came in. There's no way, through Twitch, to find out if someone is trying to reach you privately. And in a busy Chat, even if they try to reach you publicly, you can miss it.

It would be great if the little Whispers icon were at the top or bottom of the popped out chat, and if it could have…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Whispers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. An option for a viewer to toggle the on-screen-chat on or off.
    If you like it then you can enable it on every stream.
    If you don't like it then you can disable it on every stream.

Right now I see that it is very devided and it completely depends on the streamer. I personally think it would be better if the viewer could decide what they prefer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Streamelements chat bot does not recognize hangul characters when streamers do shoutouts and report API ERROR when doing so. It's been like this sine it was first pushed out and seems to have not been fixed at all. Any plans that this gets fixed or do I have to submit a ticket to have my display name changed in english since Korean display name users can't change their display name?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Channel Bot  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The "Returning Chatter" feature highlights the chat for people who have typed in chat at least twice in the last 30 days, this is a good feature but at the moment it appears to highlight all of their messages, could we get it so it only highlights their first message that stream?

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The latest update has made it so that you can no longer chat using the Chromecast app, revert this change. Let me use voice to text again, I have arthritis and can't use my phone

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. My big issue with the pinning messages system is that it is categorised under Mod Icons and with my moderation experience (since 2014, so almost 9 years as of posting this), I will NEVER use nor recommend ever having Mod Icons turned on for modding a chat due to it being unbelievably awful and I have seen so many mods in the past misclick it which has caused problems and unrest and upset with some viewers, especially with new viewers.

So here is my suggestion on how to improve this, I feel pin messages should be in a separate category…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. würde es mega feiern wenn man beim Twitch-Studio auch BetterTTv Aktiveren kann und man die Emojis auch dort im nutzen könnte

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow to adjust the font size of the chat on IOS, or at least use a dynamic font to be able to adjust this in the phone settings.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Having any more than a couple emotes causes my chat box to lag horribly with the new chat options. It would be nice to have a toggle in the options somewhere to turn off having embedded pictures in the chat box.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. A lot of times if someone raids in and a lot of chat activity goes on during stream, it is hard for the broadcaster to read or see the person who raided in their chat messages. My idea is to spotlight the raider if they are being shouted out with the "/shoutout" command for a minute or so.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commands  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. So far, the chat "delay" value is only readable from the API by the broadcaster.
    I think that misses the point of having this value accessible.

To me, the point of this value is to be able to honnor the delay for chat client developpers (chatty, chatterino, ...)
    But that fact that it's only accessible by the broadcaster makes it quite useless. The only point I see in its current state is the abaility to display it at some point.

In an ideal world this delay would simply be handled server-side instead of client-side as it is right now, but…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I am having issues trying to raid my friends streaming channels today I try 20 times today and it keeps saying there was a error occur unable to raid right now please try again later I have waited for at least a hour and it still refuse to let me raid I have try clearing the cache and Data that didn't help I have tried unstall the app and reinstalled it nothing I have tried it on desktop and on desktop is doing the same thing please fix this this is very irritating. Dose anyone know what wrong with the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. this is just a general statement clarifying the neglective nature of twitch towards its viewers, ive forgotten my original complaint because ive spent the last 20 minute jumping through hoops out of spite figuring out how to spread my dissatisfaction, because i abhor twitch this much, skrew twitchs' thirsty problematic lost cause of a system, i only use it cause im bored, congrats

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I like the daily weekly and all time cheer and gift sub options
    BUT PLEASE CAN YOU LET US EDIT THEM? I want to remove some
    names from the list, example they dont follow no more, they dont
    come on twitch no more or dont visit/support the streamer. Some
    times I see missing names cause they changed names or deleted twitch.
    Can I please remove the people I want too? can then put whoever is legit
    next on the list, so ya can have the people who still come/support/visit
    be on the all time cheer list?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The sending of spam messages via whisper has become a serious problem on Twitch in Portuguese, in view of this, I suggest the creation of a filter that retains suspicious spam messages in some other box.

Generally the messages follow the same writing pattern with spammers asking for a donation of money to their bank accounts under the guise of experiencing financial hardship, so I believe a simple AI should be able to retain most of the unwanted messages.

An option to block specific terms in the spam filter would also be welcome.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Whispers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. At the moment, only the default "/announce" chat command works with IRC (chatbots etc) - "/announceblue", "/announcegreen", "/announceorange", and "/announcepurple" all fail to send messages.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I want the channel owner to be able to upload pictures. Without cutting down on the resolution in the chat And viewers in the chat can open the full size image to watch.

Because I noticed that When the channel owner creates the content by traveling to different places when encountering something interesting or a beautiful view will be able to take pictures and send them to viewers via chat for real-time interaction

All images may be deleted after the end of the live. Or only those who subscribe will be able to access the images.

In order to prevent…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?