I suggest you ...

Allow Streamers to Remove Followers (eg. Banned Chatters and/or Trolls)

Please allow streamers to remove people from their follower's list. As a small streamer, I struggle with trolls, and I have made many streamer friends who have had the same experiences as me. On more than one occasion I have banned a troll from chat and had them return with upwards of 3 other accounts, sometimes even up to 10 or 15 other accounts during one stream. (Keep in mind my average stream is about 2.5 hours, and I try my best to not acknowledge or encourage the trolls at all, I just ban them and move on.) They follow each time they return, adding new but empty follows to the follower count.

I have had trolls return with new usernames that target my mods, or reference something that was said earlier in the stream, or even referencing their past usernames that were previously banned. Their follows are meaningless because they will likely never return with that account that they made to troll a specific streamer.

Many streamers try to keep track of their follower to viewer ratio as they grow. To see what they're doing wrong or right, and to see what helps them grow or makes them lose followers. Having those empty follows of people who will never return is quite a problem.

Here are a few of my suggestions:

- Automatically removing someone from the follower's list if they get banned in chat.

- Giving streamers the option to view their banned chatters list and manually remove the follow themselves.

- Remove the option to make multiple accounts with one verified email address. (This enables trolls to make new accounts in just a couple of minutes and quickly return to keep harassing a streamer)

- If a streamer has banned several usernames that share the same email, allow the streamer to ban the entire email address and any associated usernames.

- If a streamer has banned several usernames that share the same email, allow the streamer to remove any and all usernames that are associated with that email from their follower list.

Trolls will not keep me from streaming, but implementing at least one (if not several) of these ideas would be a huge help to me and many other streamers out there. Thank you for your time and consideration!

90 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    lexasaurus shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • darthclide commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't want to be a downer, but you are lucky if you are avoiding the "banned whisper trolls". They evade bans and whisper crap to mods and other people. The whisper system NEEDS to be tied into the ban system in some way.

• lexasaurus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, something that I just remembered and did not include:

There is an argument against this idea because many people say "The follow belongs to the follower, not the streamer, and the streamer should not have the right to take it away."

I said this to my friend the other day and he said "I can buy a membership to a gym, but I can't misbehave in that gym (for example streaking, fighting, etc) without getting my membership taken away,"

So that's something to think about as well.

• Alyna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

👏🏻👏🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻 Yes, please! Take all my votes. Because this needs to happen!

Feedback and Knowledge Base