Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

561 results found

1. Shield Mode allows for messages from first-time chatters to be silently dropped.

A better implementation of this restriction would operate through low-trust-users (where the chatter is marked as restricted in the suspicious users interface), so mods can see the messages that were trying to be sent, and optionally unrestrict good faith first-time chatters.

With the current implementation, mods don't know who are the blocked first-time chatters or what message content they are trying to send. Via the suspicious users interface, mods could unrestrict first-time chatters that appear in good faith while shield mode is activated.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. New channels have MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS to fulfill to gain relevance. Why are there no requirements to become a moderator? they have "POWERS" and FUNCTIONS similar to the OWNER of the channel, and yet there is no filter to make them a moderator.

I want to bring in a requirement for an account to be able to become a channel moderator.

• Requirement: minimum time of account creation, for example, for someone to be able to add another account as moderator to his channel, the account has to be at least 3 days old or 7 days old.

Every day there are…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  3. You have the option to block or allow links.

It would be nice if you could set which classes can post links.

Followers, VIPS, MOD's subscribers.

unfortunately you can only turn it on and off.

It would be easier for a streamer if we could directly decide who is allowed to post links and who is not.

For now, there's only this: Block links Your channel's chat will automatically delete URLs that weren't posted by yourself, your moderators, admins, or VIPs.

But the subscribers go away empty-handed.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  4. Reporting messages by the community would work on the principle that next to the message or in the user's profile from the streamer's side, there will be a button from reporting the user (anonymously or with the name visible) to moderation of the channel. The streamer's moderators will decide whether to apply the appropriate punishment or possibly report the user's message to twitch

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. There have been cases of streamers banning users without any explanation, leaving the banned user feeling confused and frustrated. This lack of transparency can lead to a breakdown in trust between the streamer and their audience, and can also have a negative impact on the overall community.

Streamers should have to give a reason for a ban. And banned users should have the ability to appeal their ban to Twitch. This could be done through a system where the user can submit an appeal to Twitch, which can then review the ban and determine if it was justified. For instance,…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. AutoMod is a great tool to filter chat, but when a malicious user sees that their message was held for review, they often type variations of it to get it through the filter.

It would be nice to have an option in mod settings to hide the notification stating that a message was held for review. Additionally, displaying the message as sent(only for the user in question); If they're unaware that there's a filter, they won't try to circumvent it.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow mods/streamers to know/see if someone is actively trying to get around the channel's banned word list. For example, if we ban the word "test", it would be helpful to know if some is franticly typing every version of that word like "t e s t", t3st", "t3$t", etc. If we use a bot like Fossa, it will quickly nuke the message and the streamer is likewise able to hide moderation dialogues in chat so they are none-the-wiser and not affected. We're at a disadvantage with default twitch.

74 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow a report system for hate raids that flag the account for future raids, When in future they raid again it notifies the streamer and their mods that the raider has these previous reports / violations. Thus Providing feedback to the streamer / mods in the channel allowing them time to act / prepare and take action against any hate raid.

Example when a raid comes through it states:
    "Name" is raiding with 300 viewers ("Name" Has 4 Hate Raid violation Reports).

Additionally an option / button for mods to mass timeout / mute all incoming viewers from this raider…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. For the first enablement of shield mode by a moderator there should be a brief warning pop up of exactly what it does. There is a bit of a bubble that almost advertises it as press this button and can cause infrequent mods to accidentally enable shield mode. You should also be able to disable shield mode with the same button, not with a switch on the screen that pops up.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. It would be great for channel Editors to be shown in the AutoMod queue when users attempt to use blocked terms in a channel. Certain words/phrases can have multiple variations and it's unknown when someone is actually trying to use those. Having this available to Editors+ would be helpful for catching bad actors before something gets posted in chat, without bothering all mods who may not all be privy to that information or know how to deal with it (such as attempts at doxxing). Mod Cards should also have a separate section for blocked terms/automodded words so that all of…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  11. I would love a global moderator role for twitch teams (that the twitch team leader could assign), so they can work or moderate in any of the team members chats.

288 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  12. Change the name of the Shield command to reduce likelihood of collision with the Shoutout command. Mistyping a shoutout shouldn't wipe chat.

Example: Typing "/sh" followed by "tab" used to autofill the command to "/shoutout". The introduction of the Shield command means this now autofills to "/shield" which is a massively different command, and not one that you want to do by accident.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  13. Idk if this is entirely the right category as it involves how the platform monitors traffic and stuff. It's not as if it's a "feature", versus a preventative measure to prohibit people from stream sniping.

Work with the server management team(s) on the gaming company's end, along with people's ISP to monitor for, and ensure that people cannot fire up someone's stream and intentionally queue up with them, and there be a grey area as to whether or not they're "screen peaking" via the stream.

Have it disconnect them if it senses they have stream open, and notify them through…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When handling unban requests, we often think "ok you apologized, but your request was too soon regarding how long we estimate you should be banned"

I think having an option to set the end of the ban to a further date would help a lot. The interface could tell requesters that we have accepted their request and that they will be unbanned at the specified time

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Given the existing infrastructure behind the (1) first-time chat callout experiment, (2) non-mod chat delay, and (3) automod caught message queue:

There should be a toggleable setting where the initial message of any newcomer to chat must be approved by a moderator for that and any subsequent messages to appear to non-mods. Thus, this would limit the ability of newcomers to send messages without prior approval.

Not only would this reduce how many eyes see hateful messages from human accounts, it would neutralize spambots from having their messages show up to non-mods -- a useful step in responding to the…

242 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  16. There is a difference between Mobile-Phone Number, and Tele-Phone Number.
    I have Telephone (from State) but no Mobile!
    Why Twitch can't send me the "Code-Number" to my Telephone?
    Other companies can do this, no problem.
    ... another example would be: why i can't verified via e-mail adress?
    Discord can do this too, why can't do twitch as same?

(besides, it doesn't do much good anyway.
    I see daily some spambot's in the chat....
    They are allowed to use the chat. Unfortunately not me.)

...one year later:
    I hope i will get a free mobilephone as a present to christmas for…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I feel it would be super interesting to have custom moderator permission. In particular i feel it woul be interesting for editor to have more permissions example changing channel points reward cooldown,etc. Example have the editor role for the video manager only.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  18. Recently, I found myself barred from a channel following a comment I made about a competing Streamer. Although my remark had a slightly negative tone, I promptly followed up with an apology.
    Despite this, the exact reason for my ban remains a mystery, leading me to believe that the process of banning may be more subjective than desired.
    Consequently, I am advocating for a more structured and transparent banning system. In the current scenario, the criteria for banning vary significantly from one Streamer to the next, causing confusion among viewers.
    What if we could introduce a table or matrix system,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  19. A list for moderators to view who the other mods have marked as suspicious user

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I have an idea. Make moderator statistics, that is, how many moderators blocked users, deleted messages, issued mutes. This will be useful for tracking moderator activity.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
1 2 6 8 10 28 29
  • Don't see your idea?