Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

558 results found

1. Hello everyone,

More than an idea, it is an awareness that I have developed over time thanks to experience.
    Very often those who begin to undertake the path of Moderation are driven by the desire to come into greater contact with their favorite streamer, with their idol, but the importance of this task is underestimated.

Being a moderator means taking on the moral and practical responsibility for a person's work, their dreams, their goals, their efforts and their future.
    I consider these human aspects fundamental both on the internet and in life and as such every aspiring moderator should have…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  2. So i get bullied/harrased while streaming, usernames are the main thing attacking me or friends with really messed up stuff. It is so bad that i have to stop my game and report them and block them.

My idea is, can we please have a feature that says you can only watch this streamer if you are a follower. Not the you can't type anything in the chat ****. Or even have it as a 30 seconds countdown that if the person doesnt follow your stream in that amount of time, they get black screened and a pop up that…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →
  3. I had a streamer friend ask me about a user that showed up in his chat today. He said that the person was banned in my chat. I went to look under moderation and saw they were banned in April 2023, but had no other information. There was no way to look up their viewer card because they weren't in my chat, and no other recordkeeping. It would be super helpful to be able to pull up viewer/user cards in mod view to show a person's history in the channel, if one exists.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UserCard  ·  Admin →
  4. It would be nice to have the possibility to create a Txt file or something to add all the terms you regulary want to ban instead of cleaning the list each time you deactivate the shield mode, this way you can add multiple terms in one click instead of adding one by time

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shield Mode  ·  Admin →
  5. I got banned for either saying " Jalen has klown legs" or Wooo, go raiders" a full minute after play? There was no explanation or warning, just banned? I dont think klown legs is racist or political?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  6. the streamer should be the only one that can accept or deny unban request cause the stream could mod someone that a person that that they dont like and ban and deny the unban request behind the streamer back when they are not paying attention and that could make the streamer look bad and the streamer can complain to u about it so mods shouldnt be able to accept or deny unban request and also it can make the viewer upset as well too cause he be thinking he or she did something wrong please remove that from mods thank…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  7. I think we should have the option to simply prevent certain users from whispering us; and not have their messages disappear in chats we do not mod for. As a mod, I would prefer to see what troublesome users are saying in other channels and then being able to warn those moderators. However, not being able to see blocked users in other channels makes this impossible.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Некоторые пользователи получают несколько банов на каналах и, при заполнении формы на разблокировку пишут текст, который невожможно пересмотреть в случае, если пользователю отказали в разблокировке, или же её утвердили. Было бы полезно для модераторов понимать историю данных запросов и тексты. Пример очень простой: запрос на разблокировку "Все все пидоры" - модератор отклоняет. Пользователь пишет письмо о том, что он попросил нормально, а злой модератор отклонил потому. что %выдуманнаяпричинаимя%. В данном случае возникает спорная ситуация, которую невозможно разрешить. Было бы очень хорошо, если бы данная история появилась. Спасибо.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Detallar y ser más específico al momento de mostrar las configuraciones.

No son del todo claras las especificaciones mostradas dentro de la herramienta de Escudo. Al no comprender a qué se refieren, prefiero no activarlas.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. This feature would be similar to the "Blocked words and phrases" feature but instead of outright preventing messages from being sent, it would flag the message for moderator review, similar to the functionality of the built-in "AutoMod Rulesets" feature.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  11. Basically it prevents harassment from new accounts.

If the account is less than X amount of days old they cannot view the chat. Or the stream or anything.

That would help so much.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. i would like to set different levels for the individual categories under automod in shield mode, the presets r terrible

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shield Mode  ·  Admin →
  13. Have an option to remove timeout/ban history events in the User Profile view in the mod tool. Reason: Sometimes users get accidentally timed out when mods are using the mod buttons on messages and the chat scrolls and they mis-click the incorrect user. When this happens it shows in the timeout/ban history. Some creators use this information when they are thinking of promoting a viewer to VIP or even Mod and they see a timeout/ban and that may deter them. Plus, that user is put onto the channels sharded banned list even though it was an accidently ban.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  14. Moderators are important individuals on Twitch who dedicate a significant amount of time voluntarily to maintain a clean environment. They play a crucial role in supporting streamers and fostering the formation of communities.
    Will there be a possibility in the future for communities to support moderators? Or is this something that is not considered by Twitch?

I am active in several communities and know that the viewers would always like to send something to the moderators as a thank you. Currently we have to run all this via third parties or streamers forward the bits to the moderators, for example.…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  15. I am a moderator of a channel and for months I have not been able to check the chat history. I have tried with several browsers, but my colleagues don’t have this issue

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  16. That there is a setting where the moderators have to approve all links that are posted before it is sent. This could also be integrated into the defense mode and only activated when this is activated (as a setting like the rest in the mode).

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  17. The premise is simple: If someone is getting banned on the Twitch platform 5, 6, even 7 times within the span of 1 year for violating the Twitch Terms of Service, regardless of their partner or non-partner status, that user is a liability to the safety and integrity of the Twitch platform, brand, and image.

Under a new "3 strikes, you're out" permanent ban system, all users, regardless of partner or non-partner status, are equally given up to three (3) account bans within a span of three (3) years, at which time that user will receive a permanent ban from…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. The Activity Feed already shows "Poll ended" as an item, but doesn't show the results of the poll. Is is possible to include the winning answer as part of that result? Would help in case the mods and streamer miss the conclusion of a poll and can reference it later

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Since recently, the history of user messages has broken. For some reason, a maximum of 99 messages is displayed for any user. I talk about "Mod View" on PC, when you open a user profile.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →
  20. Ban the word "r*tard" and all variations from Twitch. This is hate speech. Recently, Twitch put a ban on words like "simp," "incel," and "virgin." Meanwhile, there are many partnered streamers, including Asmongold, one of the biggest streamers on Twitch, constantly using the R word and sees no problem with it, therefore influencing their audience of tens of thousands of Twitch users to do the same.

There are many, many, many articles on the internet explaining why and how the word is harmful, hate speech, and a slur. Most people don't even have to read them to know this. Recently…

638 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?