Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

555 results found

1. I decided to load up twitch to find something/someone to watch. Upon loading the Twitch.tv homepage I'm blasted with a stream at the top where you essentially get the stream play without loading into that person specifically. Anyway the point is that this specific person is just continuously non stop swearing with constant F*, C* and all sorts before going on to rip into disabled people. Luckily I didn't have it loaded on the television with any kids in the room. I don't blame the streamer for their content more so twitch for putting this sort of content…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  2. Please stop the e-thots and e-whores meta. Provide meaningful moderation and end the sexual themes. Be a grown adult and realize what you're doing is wrong for both company image and customer views of the company.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Often times if a disagreement has happened between viewer and steamer, the streamer will bring up a users chat history, while a mod or themselves mutes the viewer, giving them no way to respond. I can understand on principal that this may be good towards preventing escalations, but it feels cruel to the user. An indicator showing they have left viewing, can indicate that the streamer is effectively not talking to the person. Duck tape the mouth, but not the legs, so they can see you leave the room. I think targeted harassment would decrease.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  4. In the new Mod View UI, the Community tab listing all the people connected to chat is huge, taking up a large amount of screen real estate when it is needed for things other than viewing who is in chat. Sure, it is collapsible, but I'd like to see it and not have it take so much space.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  5. Shared ban lists should have the option of auto-banning people on the list (instead of just monitoring or restricting them). Most likely this would have to be paired with some way of categorizing and collaborating on your ban list so you could just share a "worst of the worst" ban list with another streamer and anyone either of you adds there would be auto-banned from both your channels. This could help streamers who have shared values and a close relationship avoid problematic streamers.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Eliminar las etiquetas blancas que aparecen al pasar el cursor por encima.

Al pasar el ratón por encima del chat salen las etiquetas blancas que indican lo que es cada cosa y a la hora de borrar mensajes, dar time out o ban dificulta mucho hacerlo rapidamente ya que molestan. Además, creo que sobrecargan el navegador y se traba el panel de acciones del moderador.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  7. editors should have the permission to turn of a stream if the broadcaster is to drunk and cant turn it of him/her self.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  8. The New Shared Ban Info feature should have a section to show the reasoning of the ban in a channel so the mods know exactly why the user is suspicious. It makes it difficult for us mods to know why the user is banned if the reason is only being shown in the chat they were banned in and not the suspicious user box in our chat.

94 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add in the Mod-interface a Button for start a poll, not only chat command

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Swap the place of the timeout and ban buttons to move ban away from the “delete message” button especially on the mobile mod view menu. To prevent incidental bans on users when trying to delete messages, and leaving a permanent stain on a users profile.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow mods and streamers to see previews nicknames from the viewers after they changed

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Es wäre hilfreich, im e-Fall auch etwas gegen Follow-Botting unternehmen zu können. Z.b. um alle infrage kommenden "Follower" Gesammelt entfernen zu können Bzw zu melden und nicht jeden einzelnen

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. See how long individuals have been watching the stream. This could be sorted by time and allow us to identify and ban stream snipers who don't use the same name in twitch/game.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shield Mode  ·  Admin →
  15. I can go into my personal channel bio and I should be able to type words like “gay” but I can’t. It doesn’t let me save it and it says it’s a banned word. I can type the word “straight.” I don’t see why I can’t type “gay.”

I get not wanting profanity in a channel bio. That’s fine, but it is 2023 and we should not be putting the word “gay” on a banned words list. A lot of creators on Twitch aim to create a safe and accepting environment and community for everyone, and while the platform is…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  16. There isn't a "React" button in mod view currently. For a mod to react, it would have to be in normal view.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow streamers To send Recorded streams to the devs or the mods for their defense against wrongful reporting from non- streamers looking to cause problems.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Your changes to mod view makes no sense.
    • Stream looks smaller
    • You made a huge top bar to display the stream session time. Not even 30% of the bar is used. It's sole purpose is to make the stream smaller.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I had this issue for a while, in mod view you have next to stream title that "pen" moderation tool, which allows you to change titles and game category for the streamer, but once it just dissappeared for me and i do not have it there anymore. Does anyone have any idea why that happened, is it only a bug or doest it have to do with some twitch specific settings?

any help is appreciated

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  20. me estan ciberacosando estan cuenta mariposaazul07 y lucifer599morningstar me esta amenazando de violarme y matarme ya no se que hacer lo tengo baneado y vetado y siguen

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?