Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

593 results found

1. Twitch affiliates have to verify their identity with a government issued ID and a face scan now when onboarding. I feel if an affiliate has completed this verification, this should clear the "phone verification" necessity in all chat since the account has been verified in an above and beyond way. Phone verification for non-affiliates and people who haven't completed onboarding is still fine, but I feel like this is unnecessary for those who have verified their ID. Please change this.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Find a way to enforce homoglyphic word filters. These UTC8 combinations are crafted in a way to subvert word filters using extended character set. No idea the feasibility.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  3. Я продолжительное время был редактором на одном канале, с недавних пор я модератор. Будучи им я ожидал разширение своих возможностей, а не их урезание. Я обнаружил что модераторы не могут настраивать канал. Что весьма прискорбно, ибо так было очень удобно изменять категорию или название стрима. Мое предложение таково: дать возможность модераторам как и редакторам настраивать канал или же дать возможность иметь эти роли одновременно.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  4. There have been many cases where people have been suspended for blatant rule violations by committing sexual and or vulgar acts, however these ban/suspension durations (if they get banned or suspended at all) seem to be directly related to the large following and income they bring to twitch. it would seem to me and most anyone with access to your site, that it is an unfair practice to simply pick and choose who you decide to allow to break the agreements based off of the monetary value they create. Ive recently started streaming myself, and have had one viewer suspended…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  5. Ban thirst traps. This platform used to be for gamers and creators, now it seems to be about lazy thirst traps wanting a quick buck. Ban hot tub streams and require a dress code of sorts to keep thirst traps off the platform. Have some respect for the creators that they steal views from just because their basically naked.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Hola que tal cordial saludo, he sufrido múltiples ataques d cuentas BOTS y por lo regular, dichas cuentas son recién creadas, seria muy importante, una herramienta de que el Streamer, pueda elegir en el escudo, poder poner filtro a las cuentas recién creadas para que NO te sigan. NO debido a esto perdi un canal con mas de un año d trabajo, con mas de 14.000 seguidores y es algo que me ha dolido mucho por culpa de los ataques de bots.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shield Mode  ·  Admin →
  7. When multiple mods try to ban someone, the person gets banned, unbanned, banned, unbanned, banned, unbanned, etc, etc, repeat because there is only 1 button, and when the first mod clicks to ban, the button changes to UNban for everyone else.

But, if another mod is also clicking "Ban" and they're 1 milisecond slower, the button changes to UNban right before they click it. And the person gets unbanned.

This is a really bad UX for mods and users alike.

Please separate the buttons instead of changing the meaning of the ban button so mods get the intended action they…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  8. Streamers are using the tag "DropActive" without having any current Drop active for their current content, baiting viewers and misleading information.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  9. I decided to load up twitch to find something/someone to watch. Upon loading the Twitch.tv homepage I'm blasted with a stream at the top where you essentially get the stream play without loading into that person specifically. Anyway the point is that this specific person is just continuously non stop swearing with constant F*, C* and all sorts before going on to rip into disabled people. Luckily I didn't have it loaded on the television with any kids in the room. I don't blame the streamer for their content more so twitch for putting this sort of content…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please stop the e-thots and e-whores meta. Provide meaningful moderation and end the sexual themes. Be a grown adult and realize what you're doing is wrong for both company image and customer views of the company.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Eliminar las etiquetas blancas que aparecen al pasar el cursor por encima.

Al pasar el ratón por encima del chat salen las etiquetas blancas que indican lo que es cada cosa y a la hora de borrar mensajes, dar time out o ban dificulta mucho hacerlo rapidamente ya que molestan. Además, creo que sobrecargan el navegador y se traba el panel de acciones del moderador.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  12. Just like the timeout/ban in profiles, add a new category called warnings. Warnings can be issued by /warn [user] [reason] or by clicking a chat / profile button and entering a reason. Not everyone wants to timeout a user / ban a user. It would also allow us moderators to keep moderation actions private and not use the Wisper system and allow us to keep track of warnings and who their issued by. The way this would work is the user, would receive a popup with the warning or can receive a message like the announcement command, or a pinned…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Editors on a channel can edit title, tags and a few other things but can't turn on/off the branded content option, think that it would be nice to have that feature be available to Editors to help the streamer so they can focus on games or whatever they are doing and just have to tell a editor to turn it on/off.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. My suggestion would be that within the moderation rank 2 ranks could be established, chief moderator rank and moderator rank so that the moderators can be controlled and be able to delete or put timeout if necessary.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. See how long individuals have been watching the stream. This could be sorted by time and allow us to identify and ban stream snipers who don't use the same name in twitch/game.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. So i get bullied/harrased while streaming, usernames are the main thing attacking me or friends with really messed up stuff. It is so bad that i have to stop my game and report them and block them.

My idea is, can we please have a feature that says you can only watch this streamer if you are a follower. Not the you can't type anything in the chat ****. Or even have it as a 30 seconds countdown that if the person doesnt follow your stream in that amount of time, they get black screened and a pop up that…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow streamers To send Recorded streams to the devs or the mods for their defense against wrongful reporting from non- streamers looking to cause problems.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Give moderators the ability to temporarily suspend the ability for new viewers/chatters to follow the stream. This would be a useful feature for when followbots and/or hate raids attack a channel, the mods could put /followsoff (or similar) in chat to make the follow button unavailable for that stream. This would prevent mass followbots, prevent hate raiders from following, and prevent the painful process of streamers having to break away from their content and deal with turning off alerts and other mitigation measures. The mods could then use /followson (or similar) to reactivate follows. (There could be a "default" where…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Regarding chat verification, it is good that you can set it to email/phone verification if an account is newer than a certain period of time, however I have confirmed that while this prevents an account from chatting, this does not prevent an account from following a channel without verifying.

In the past I have been harassed by people (and seen people harassed) by users who never said a word in chat. Their method of harassment would be to create an account with revealing information about the streamer and simply hit follow. They would be banned, however the account would be…

550 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?