Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

555 results found

1. What i'd like to propose is a separate chat window thats designated for moderators. One of the biggest issues when it comes to larger streamers is an endless chat torrent that makes it near impossible to catch mod messages, even with slow mode enabled. By adding in a designated mod chat window, it would enable the broadcaster to freely swap between that and their main chat, and that way communications from their moderators won't get lost within a rapidly moving text wall.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. "I want to bring a requirement for an account to become a channel moderator.

• Requirement: minimum account creation time, for example, for someone to be able to add someone as a moderator on your channel, the account must be at least 7 days old, or even, you must follow the channel for 7 days if you want to be one moderator of this channel.

Every day there are people (with the account created on the same day and using VPN for sure) convincing new streamers to be moderators of their channel, and thus manage to trick the streamer and ban…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. For about a week now, I have been unable to use the Batch Reporting Tool. When I drop the menu to select a reason for a report, no text appears in any of the options; they are just a series of narrow, featureless horizontal bars.

I have reproduced this in both old and new Mod View in both Firefox and Chrome under Linux. Colleagues have also reproduced it in Chrome, Firefox and Edge under Windows 10. One colleague found the tool still worked for them under Edge on Windows 10.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  4. i wish that "user" in Twitch Community Guideline includes broadcasters [including Twitch Ambassadors], moderators and their "communities", and that contracts signed to abide Twitch Community Guidelines are legal binding.

a victim who is outnumbered by pre-credible bullies is a victim whether those bullies believe otherwise or not.

how is Twitch a safe platform for everyone, when a victim turns to people in positions to help for help and those people laugh them off out of hand?

why are you so focused on protecting a broadcaster, their moderators and their "communities" from a viewer and not focused on protecting a viewer…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  5. Add a shortcut to arrange the channels followed by the letters A to Z to make it easier for the person to access them

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Hello, what do you think about an individual "Emote only" to juste one user, if you want to calm someone without chat restricting him

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  7. When multiple mods try to ban someone, the person gets banned, unbanned, banned, unbanned, banned, unbanned, etc, etc, repeat because there is only 1 button, and when the first mod clicks to ban, the button changes to UNban for everyone else.

But, if another mod is also clicking "Ban" and they're 1 milisecond slower, the button changes to UNban right before they click it. And the person gets unbanned.

This is a really bad UX for mods and users alike.

Please separate the buttons instead of changing the meaning of the ban button so mods get the intended action they…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  8. spiel conquero`s blade

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  9. The website https://www.twitch.tv/moderator/ is useful, but it is limited to 100 channels and randomly. I can see 100 channels there, ok, but several other channels like that are not there. For example, now three partner channels are online and they don't appear there for me, some with partner and without are there at the same time. I don't know the requirements to go there, but there are channels that have been online for more than 2 hours and are not in the middle or at the top of the list. It doesn't appear anywhere.
    The moderation tool in the moderator…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  10. Salve
    Sarebbe possibile che i messaggi gli utenti limitati dalla chat venissero anche inseriti nella UserCard. Questo potrebbe consentire oltre alle revisione della limitazione dell'utente, anche per avere una cronologia del comportamento. Potrebbe anche consentire ad altri moderatori non presenti di accedere ai messaggi di quel utente. Magari potrebbero essere evidenziati nella UserCard per distinguerli da quelli normalmente mandati.
    Grazie dell'attenzione

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. i really hate that i have to make mods EDITORS to be able to change my stream title and update my schedule because i dont want ANYONE having the ability to delete my clips, vods and highlights except me and unfortunately editors can do that. Please can we get the ability to choose what permissions editors/mods have the ability to do?

SUGGESTION: Maybe we get rid of the editors role and then have a page where we can choose permissions for each mod/user.
    thankyou! ^w^

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I invested in hot ******* and got no ******* so i got a Lady of Liberty (usa joke, canada kewl quebecois oui oui ca c'est un bonne chose!" (FRENCH LANGUAGE AI BRUHHHH_+++++.mpg

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →
  13. Have an option to permit a message that is flagged by auto mod instead of adding it as a permitted term.
    This is because sometimes a term is relevant to a topic of discussion but can quickly be used in an inappropriate or hateful manner.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Verified E-Mail/phone to follow channel to prevent bot attacks.

I got attacked TWICE in a row by follower bots, the verified e-mail to talk in the chat is an already existing feature, maybe also giving us an option to have a verified e-mail and/or a verified phone number to follow the channel would be the easiest way to prevent bots and duplicate accounts without the need of any complex solution.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. As a chat moderator today which unfortunately fell victim to a several hundred user chat spam bot posting dodgy discords and highly offensive messages, I was able to ban them all with the shield mode tool which worked incredibly well.

The problem is - using the batch reporting tool, after I went past the first 100 or so, it stopped allowing me to report any more accounts.

I understand a cap to prevent spam reports, but SURELY, for moderators using the batch reporting tool, especially when spam bots are all over Twitch the way they are, the amount should be…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  16. Restricted mode should NOT inform the chatter that their messages are not being delivered to the rest of chat. I feel like this is motive to encourage someone to act out even more... I feel like someone being restricted should not know they are being restricted. Feels VERY unsafe.

Sure, a ban may be the viable option, but there can be a lot of nuance to the relationships between fellow streamers and their communities... where nothing ban worthy has necessarily occurred but you might want to prevent an incident in the case something does.

I personally switched to monitoring mode…

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  17. Streamers currently have a block list so we can prevent usage of certain words or phrases being used in chat.

We would like to have a similar block list but for usernames, so if someone has created a username that contains a word or phrase that's restricted in our channel, AUTOMOD would prevent them from interacting with chat and give moderators an alert so they can review if the username truly contains a restricted word or not and choose to allow the user to interact with chat.

If the user attempts to follow the channel it would detect the restricted…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Hello everyone,

More than an idea, it is an awareness that I have developed over time thanks to experience.
    Very often those who begin to undertake the path of Moderation are driven by the desire to come into greater contact with their favorite streamer, with their idol, but the importance of this task is underestimated.

Being a moderator means taking on the moral and practical responsibility for a person's work, their dreams, their goals, their efforts and their future.
    I consider these human aspects fundamental both on the internet and in life and as such every aspiring moderator should have…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. So i get bullied/harrased while streaming, usernames are the main thing attacking me or friends with really messed up stuff. It is so bad that i have to stop my game and report them and block them.

My idea is, can we please have a feature that says you can only watch this streamer if you are a follower. Not the you can't type anything in the chat ****. Or even have it as a 30 seconds countdown that if the person doesnt follow your stream in that amount of time, they get black screened and a pop up that…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →
  20. I had a streamer friend ask me about a user that showed up in his chat today. He said that the person was banned in my chat. I went to look under moderation and saw they were banned in April 2023, but had no other information. There was no way to look up their viewer card because they weren't in my chat, and no other recordkeeping. It would be super helpful to be able to pull up viewer/user cards in mod view to show a person's history in the channel, if one exists.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UserCard  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?