Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1133 results found

1. I have not got a strike on me, but I did have vods automatically muted by using NCS playlists. Though, in the email sent today, referencing your BLOG, you indicate this is a safe source, which it is. So why does it get muted?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. some of us are already bound by licensing agreements under entities such as the Canadian org. SOCAN

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I stream my own music, 100% created by me. Many times, this includes improvised material created on the spot - so it would never be trackable via any digital rights system. Twitch gives no guidelines about this, but should call out specific rules to be sure artists like myself are not wrongly accused of a violation.

I am an ASCAP member of 30+ years, but that does nothing to help me in these cases. Material created in an improv context can not go through the same checks and balances as pre-recorded material released via album or download. Twitch needs to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Months ago, I filed for an appeal on another twitch channel I run and I never got a response. There’s no way for me to contact about being updated. Also, when filing the appeal, there was no way for me to attach proof that I had permission from the artist to use their song. So, attachments when filing an appeal needs to be a thing. And again, I never heard back so that part of the one video is still muted despite appeal being filed months ago and having the artist’s permission in writing

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. With the wave of mass-deletion we have found that the methods for reviewing DMCA claims and taking appropriate action has been like trying to change a light bulb with no hands.

I propose:

Since all deleted content is held in archives, it should become viewable to only the streamer who can selectively re-publish content that does not have DMCA strikes. Furthermore, they can take action to mute content, appeal or delete the content totally.

Any content with a DMCA strike goes into the "hidden" directory that the creator can access. They will then have some options for how to handle…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Twitch should find a way to reimburse or provide recompense for the unfair and extremely short timeframe to deal with their VODs. Many streamers lost years of content because they simply didn't have time to download and archive their VODs, which is absolutely unacceptable in this industry. Twitch has acknowledged that they screwed up, so let's hear them state what their plans are for making it right to those negatively affected.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I appreciate that copyright exists and I as a creator need to respect those rules however I believe music is an integral part of my streams and my current growth on twitch. I have no problem removing and replacing some songs in my playlist however there has been a tremendous amount of inconsistency when it comes to what parts of my streams are being muted.

I would love a way of knowing which songs and why are getting copyrighted so I have a chance to learn from the problems and not just be told I'm doing something wrong.

I appreciate…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. More details are SPECIFICALLY needed for NO COPYRIGHT SOUNDTRACKS / sounds during streams. A lot of my personal archives and streams get flagged when using songs that have been listed on sources as COPYRIGHT FREE and still get flagged. The same goes for MULTIPLE other channels and something needs to be outlined for this proccess because somewhere, someone is doing something wrong.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Dear Twitch Overlords and Emperors (and maybe Mr. Bezos himself),

My name is Rob and I hail from a band called Psychostick, and we've been active professionally since about 2005. We've gone through the gamut of the music business in our own way and have learned quite a bit about the inner workings of the industry.

The DCMA thing is something us artists respect and appreciate, however since this takedown drama started happening, I believe there's a simple (but probably not easy) solution to this problem that terrestrial radio stations have been abiding by since music became an "industry."

Bars,…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Create a portal on the dashboard where a creator can apply for Sync Licenses. Work with the creator, not against them.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Did I stutter, your current system is NOT viable, nor does it keep you, or your creators safe.

stop screwing with people's lives, and do this right.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I was wondering if the policy of parody lyrics could be clarified. Most of your policy says as long as a good attempt is made to match the lyrics.

However some comedy channels might want to use parody lyrics improvising a parody acapella on the spot.

we're not using a recording of the song but we are singing in the cadence and notage of the copyrighted song but we're singing alternate lyrics.

Like for example I noted that the Billy Ocean song Love Zone happened to come out at the same time that we discovered The warp zone in Super…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I'm not a professional YouTuber but I got a dmca notice for friends wedding playing I will always love you at the actual wedding.

I think the owners of that song got so many requests to do that and so many backlash against it that they decided to do ads for songs were they placed an ad on the video that's clickable in return for letting the video played the song.

I was considering giving everyone a 5 second theme song to my regular listeners. Since the music is copyrighted I've since held back. maybe ads for songs would be…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Something like that perhaps, would also be great to know wich vod that has got an strike.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Here's a bunch of ideas of mine that should work if taken into consideration.

As for when I was back on YouTube Gaming , YouTube would block the stream temporarily while copyrighted music is playing that didn't allow revenue ( adrev ) to be given to the holder - no strike is given unless it is video related like a movie/tv show.

Example of money going to copyright holder on YouTube ( doesn't get blocked from a vod ) - https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/474829729128513536/776142264358535188/unknown.png

Blocked music ( this would be completely blocked from the stream ) -
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/474829729128513536/776142610455855146/unknown.png

When it might get blocked…

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. If everyone who wanted to use recorded music paid a fee, like $10-$20 a month then there should be no issue with streaming copyrighted music. As a Dj i belong to "record pools" where we pay a fee every month to get music. Spotify charges you as well as apple and amazon music so what's the difference. I stream my dj sets for all my truck friends and the music is in the background while we watch videos. Im not making money and dont care to just using the chat and having fun, so for me id pay a respectable…

74 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Put together a comprehensive list of games that could put streamers at risk of DMCA. Similar to how there is a banned list of games not allowed to play on Twitch (outdated). This DMCA list would need to be updated frequently.

Maybe also with a description of what could cause a strike in the game. Would allow for at risk games to still be streamed and promoted, but would allow streamers to be more prepared to mute if necessary.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. a mass deletion button that unlike the current one actually deletes on the server side. so that Twitch no longer has a copy of dmca possible to strike clips. henceforth preventing the problem from occurring ever gain so long as copy right free music is used.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Push videogame publishers to work out better licensing deals, so videogame footage with in game music is not effected by it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?