Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

330 results found

1. I stream my own music, 100% created by me. Many times, this includes improvised material created on the spot - so it would never be trackable via any digital rights system. Twitch gives no guidelines about this, but should call out specific rules to be sure artists like myself are not wrongly accused of a violation.

I am an ASCAP member of 30+ years, but that does nothing to help me in these cases. Material created in an improv context can not go through the same checks and balances as pre-recorded material released via album or download. Twitch needs to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. simple as subject says, its suggestion, idea, i am not lawyer, I do not know how easy, hard is that for you, but this is not just attack on streamers, with dmca strikes, deletetion of vods, clips, your site is on the attack, and people who are doing it do not even understand value of your site, that it is not music that people are listening, but rather they are watching games and having some atmosphere in background. You need to stand to them, with streamers, with lawyers, get to agreement with music industry.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. This could be an idea to utilize for current Partner and Affiliate Streamers in risk or in potential risk of DMCA. Whenever you load up any media sharing application on Discord, you have the option to share your screen; in this you can show anyone what is happening on your screen with your audio. For other streamed applications that are restricted for sharing in Discord's system like Netflix and Prime Video ( To say a few). This restriction doesn't allow visuals (not audio) in which you can only hear the video audio and your friends talking in a group chat.…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. A hot issue recently has been several Twitch streamers being DMCA struck for music they play while streaming.

I propose making a Twitch extension that would allow streamers to play their music of choise using Amazon Music and for the viewers who have an Amazon Music subscription to be able to link it to Twitch and use it to listen to what is being played, somewhat similarly to Watch Parties.

I believe this will both help solve the issue of streamers getting DMCA struck for playing copyrighted songs and encourage viewers to use the Amazon Music service.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. There is no section for me to put the link to the Copyright Free Music link in the appeal as evidence to fight against wrongful muting. I feel like this should be integral.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow streamers to set a default VOD description which would be automatically added to any new VODs created. It might include things such as credits for creative commons content they use, etc. so they can avoid DMCA strikes twitch seems intent on holding us responsible for and include stuff like their social links and other info.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I gotten a Appeal Muted Audio almost been 14 days would be nice if someone look at it before gets deleted from the site you know how about not letting music get muted if no one is going to review the video seem unfair don't you think? Not even a opinion to explain what happened or download the video without the Muted Audio but just like YouTube twitch is on the side of the music people not there users on the site

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When a song gets muted from a VOD, make it show the song name of which it detected and then muted.

Sometimes you hear a song and wanna get the name of it, but then you can't.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. copy write laws should not effect new streamers that are not being paid for their streams, once one gets affiliated then and only then should copy write laws apply .. playing my favorite songs in my streams helps my audience get to know me through my interests and sense i haven't built a live audience yet having my audio muted is a huge burden!!! most of my views happen after my streams... please change this i am not breaking the law until i am profiting off of that content!!!!!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. First of all, I'm unsure if this in the right section? (please move to right location if not)

Anyway, we all like watching our favourite streamers right? Some play music and some either don't or play Non copyrighted music for legal/ad friendly reasons.

I would like a 2nd volume control option on the video player itself that is JUST for music that the broadcaster can stream thier music to.

Benefit for the broadcaster;

• Can stream normally and listen to their music without fear of being unable to monetise later. This secondary volume control feed would not be part of archive…
    3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. the new rules are very vague, suggesting that if I stream Neverwinter (DOS, the original MMO from the 90s) via private server than I am a filthy pirate and playing it illegally and should have my twitch account deleted and locked up in jail. Or that we aren't allowed to stream playthroughs of games on PSPLUs/Gamepass because that's another streaming service.

Ya, I own 10k+ games acrossed multiple platforms (STeam, UPLay, Epic, Xbox , Sony, Nintendo) . so this is laughable to me.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I have a 13 hour VOD where 20 seconds of audio has been muted (im pretty sure) but i cannot seem to FIND exactly where it is...
    could we implement something that tags what part of the VOD was muted, with a numbered timestamp or something like taht, please???? (im aware it sections off part of the VOD with a color but in long VODs, sometimes its not able to be seen)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I play my own band's music and keep getting my VODs muted and automatically stopped publishing my VODs. My music category streams when I play covers are set not to publish per DMCA guidelines. But I purposely premiere new songs, lyric videos, and use our songs as intro/outro on gaming streams so they can exist in the VODs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When Twitch mutes audio thinking it's a copyright issue, yet it' truly original music, it should NOT be hard to get the audio UNMUTED. This has happened before, where the bot erroneously thinks its copyrighted material, yet it is COMPLETELY MY OWN SOUND DESIGN and not samples, etc. It's BEYOND ANNOYING in that the VOD after does NOT unmute after, and I'm left with something unusable. FIX THIS PLEASE.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Hello..

I have a specific problem with a "Kick Back Dreamer by Chill Mode" showing up as copyright flags on my vods.

This song is NOT in my lofi music playlists, yet it's flag has popped up 3 times on two streams recently all false, even trying to claim 2 different songs in same vod.

For now, I WILL appeal the flag on this song "Kick Back Dreamer by Chill Mode" every time it shows up because I know it is a false flag. I make great efforts to mix and curate music for my streams to be as safe…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I am getting reports and threats, using Your Twitch soundtrack software....

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Hello,
    I'm a musician/vocalist and I'm a member of karafun.com a website where I pay a monthly fee to use over 35K backing tracks for personal use. I use these tracks on tiktok, almost daily.. and youtube, & facebook from time to time.

I do not understand your DMCA explanation. Am I free to use the karafun paid for tracks in my twitch channel to do some live singing shows? Or host a live karaoke night?

I really would like to get my Twitch Channel up and going. Thank you for any help you can give me!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Identifying games like ats and GTA that has copyrighted music in it so streamers wont get banned for listening to in game music I recently had Twitch turn off publishing VOD videos for listening to in game music

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. If a producer gives permission to use your music on stream, you should be able to let twitch know so your videos/clips dont get muted by submitting proof that you were given permission from the peoducer of said songs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow us to stream music in the background of our twitch streams. Creators on PC can have music playing yet when I try to on my ps4, I’m not allowed to! Surely it would make sense to allow us to as well, as it could improve some viewer experiences and create a better vibe and idea of what our channel is like for those who watch our streams.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?