Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

329 results found

1. Some of us understand fully the legal requirements to stream music, I myself having ran a successful online radio station for 10 years, understand paying for licensing, broadcasting, ect, ect. This license can include online play as well (myself being registered with SOCAN and paying yearly fees), this legally allows me to play copywritten music at will online, it adhere's to all DMCA guidelines and superceeds any copyright claim against my channel, and yet, twitch ignores this, refuses to put a place where we can supply the license number or facilitate any number of ways to alleviate this. This would…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. i went through my video manager and alot of my audio was muted. When i went to go appeal it they were all at 6 min in and for songs that I've never heard of or used. I use a music site that is strictly no dcma, and puts the song and artist in the chat. Maybe instead of making us go through and make sure we didnt use the audio, you guys could check before muting us?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. YouTube has an Audio Library for its creators. I have not found any such thing on Twitch, and I think it would greatly help creators. Instead of just muting their content, maybe have a link and a statement that says something like "we have content here that you can use instead..."

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Top streamers get banned for less than a weekend for every kind of offense, DMCA included, only to come back and get more attention and money thrown at them for blatantly violating the ToS. What kind of message does it send that nearly every top streamer on Twitch right now has received some number of bans? As it is now streamers might as well get banned on purpose, because currently it's paid PTO with a raise on return to work. Stop catering to the top streamers and actually make your bans consistent and of a consequential length.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Provide a tool for streamers to manually mute selected parts of the VOD, and allowing the streamer, while in live, to press a button to flag in timeline the current stream time where could possibly leak a unwanted song.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The blanket license has long been recognized as the most efficient and convenient way of clearing copyrights in the United States. It would be time consuming and expensive for you to locate, contact and negotiate with all copyright holders prior to the performance of each song you plan to play.

The U.S. Supreme Court summarized the virtues of the blanket license in CBS v. Broadcast Music, Inc., 441 U.S. 1 (1979) as follows:

"... the blanket license developed ... out of the practical situation in the marketplace: thousands of users, thousands of copyright owners and millions of compositions. Most users…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. You need to implement a faster, more direct way which also allows for a better detailed description from the accused user as your drop down box doesnt cut it. Also how do your BOTS not know what tracks ARE royalty free, i am sick and tired of having my audio muted because of this and then never being unmuted. Given the fact i also pay for Premium, to make sure i get better quality tracks that are 100% DMCA approved.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The whole problem with public performance rights comes from the fact that you're a venue and aren't paying PROs. At the same time, I feel like you're really hurting musicians much more than game-streamers. Please pay PROs like you're required to do. This does not affect VODs or Clips, because that is sync licensing. However, for DJs and other performers, you are very much breaking the law by not having a license with one (or multiple) of the PROs. No wonder the PROs and labels are coming after you, if you won't pay your dues. In the same manner, it…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The editor of a channel should get the ability (or be given the ability at the approval of the streamer) to review and submit counter claims on muted audio and claimed clips/VODs. This would allow the editor to be able to provide additional editing support of VODs and clips.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I appealed the day I streamed 11/27/2020 that I was not playing the song indicated. "Epic" songs have many sounds in common. I have the name of the song played and screenshot proof it was not the song in question. Yet NADA from Twitch. If you offer an appeal process, you actually need to respond to people. Now it is 1/25/2021 and my video is about to expire. Really, Twitch? This is pathetic. Normally I'm pretty mellow and patient. But my patience is gone. The appeal process isn't one at all. It's a wait until the problem goes away issue.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. DMCA safe music options are all well and good, but is Twitch seeking any partnerships with Amazon Music, Spotify or similar services to offer streamers a way to use popular music while streaming? I know that I, for one, would be willing to pay a reasonable fee and run a bot that announced the song that is playing to provide a convenient link back to where my audience could purchase the track from the rights holder. There's money to be made here, and satisfaction to be had by viewers. Not to mention exposure for artists and rights holders.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. There needs t be some kind of leniency for people who receive DMCA strikes due to in-game music. We should not be forced to play games without music due to an overreaching rule by the greedy music companies.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. we as creators should be able to appeal or submit a ticket to keep our VODS up.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Are there any leniency or fair use protection against dmca for IRL streamers if music plays in the background. Can they counter claim the dmca? What are best practices for dealing with music in public.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. you should make a list of non copyrighted music we can use in our streams and start buying copyrighted music that is frequently used.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Is playing a live youtube feed directly via youtube or with a "bot" in "Discord" considered as pre-recorded/copyright as well? Or using in-game music, because you did pay for the game and all it's content.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Twitch should remove game categories where the game doesn't have a license that explicitly allow streaming of all assets (including in-game music).

This will make it much easier for streamers to know if a game is safe for streaming and put pressure on the game creators and publishers to have such a license.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It seems that the motivation behind the RIAA et al. sending these notices is that they think people are going to watch these streams to listen to music, instead of buying it or listening to it on existing music streaming services. Which is obviously silly, but it made me think that linking back to the official license holder's store or a way to purchase/listen to their music as it comes up in a stream may pacify them. So people who take this option when streaming would be allowed to play music as long as links came automatically in chat, and…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. To assist manual reviewing of Clips by reducing their total number, a filter that selects just Clips below a specified view threshold for their subsequent select-all and delete-all.

Apologies if this already exists - I wouldn't know bcs I'm an editor, not a streamer (but I did upvote the idea that suggested editors should manage Clips on behalf of streamers).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. if twitch had tools to promote the music on stream with links to the music well that would be better. Games that have copyright music in it could be listed on the twitch platform & the streamer could use the game tag so all the songs from the game is listed on the stream to buy.

with the case of the music getting pirated well artist and music companies ect will still at least get some of the revenue and the streamer could promote it more in their stream, the bigger the streamer, the more it sells. no need to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?