Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

329 results found

1. 31 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When disputing claimed misuse of copyrighted music, there NEEDS to be a free text field to explain WHY I have a right to include the music I have. You cannot possibly create dropdowns including all the possible explanations, and the current three options are woefully inadequate. In particular, for a platform claiming to be welcoming to musician streamers, it is APPALLING that you fail to allow for performances by the streamer (in which the performance rights therefore belong to the streamer) of compositions which are either traditional or anonymous, or upon which the copyright has expired (in which therefore no…

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Put together a comprehensive list of games that could put streamers at risk of DMCA. Similar to how there is a banned list of games not allowed to play on Twitch (outdated). This DMCA list would need to be updated frequently.

Maybe also with a description of what could cause a strike in the game. Would allow for at risk games to still be streamed and promoted, but would allow streamers to be more prepared to mute if necessary.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I have license to play music from Monstercat. I have a playlist with content creator tracks (no non-licensable tracks). My past 6 streams, I get muted audio. I know exactly what the muted audio is used for, which is muting "copyrighted songs". Which is true, but I pay license to play them. Now, I edit my streams, music still in my videos, and upload them on YouTube, but I don't get claimed there. This is all in Twitch's end. I hope this can be fixed, because I pay money to pay money so I don't get claimed, or muted audio,…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. With the wave of mass-deletion we have found that the methods for reviewing DMCA claims and taking appropriate action has been like trying to change a light bulb with no hands.

I propose:

Since all deleted content is held in archives, it should become viewable to only the streamer who can selectively re-publish content that does not have DMCA strikes. Furthermore, they can take action to mute content, appeal or delete the content totally.

Any content with a DMCA strike goes into the "hidden" directory that the creator can access. They will then have some options for how to handle…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Dear Twitch Overlords and Emperors (and maybe Mr. Bezos himself),

My name is Rob and I hail from a band called Psychostick, and we've been active professionally since about 2005. We've gone through the gamut of the music business in our own way and have learned quite a bit about the inner workings of the industry.

The DCMA thing is something us artists respect and appreciate, however since this takedown drama started happening, I believe there's a simple (but probably not easy) solution to this problem that terrestrial radio stations have been abiding by since music became an "industry."

Bars,…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Twitch has become a lifeline for many streamers impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, in particular club and mobile DJs whose only source of income has been cut off in recent months. Therefore, it is essential that streaming services like Twitch remain a viable outlet for music users, while providing fair compensation to songwriters, recording artists, and record labels.

Unfortunately, U.S. copyright law is still vastly out of touch within the marketplace for independent DJs, many of whom make little or no income from their online broadcasts. This certainly presents a unique challenge in the case of Twitch. DJs either run…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I have two main categories, Software Development and dance games. The latter have little value as VODs, so these games are excluded from auto-publishing, and I usually delete the VOD quickly after.

However, the audio of the unpublished VOD is still scanned for copyrighted audio, and if something is found, auto-publish is disabled in general for my channel -- which is quite pointless, given that the problematic VODs were never published in the first place for exactly that reason, but it forces me to explicitly publish the development VODs by hand.

So please ignore muted sections in unpublished VODs for…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. You created an amazing tool to resolve 95% of DMCA issues and decided to lock it behind Soundtrack by Twitch?? Why? If you give us the ability to tie an application(s) (Example: chrome for spotify/youtube etc.., or even a media player for local audio) to the "remove from vod" obs plugin, there would be no music from anywhere (except from in games) in any vods. Why is the DMCA chaos not solved already with this? Seems like a MAJOR oversite or this is just a way for you to try and push your Soundtrack by Twitch software by holding this…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Hi,

My ideas are as follows and some probably already mentioned.

Firstly - I do acknowledge that playing copyrighted music is a risk taken on when it is played, whether it's in-game or nightbot/itunes/spotify or other media player.

In the past, VODs were muted with a red bar on the bottom of VODs to show where copyright-flagged audio was detected.
    I would advise going back to this and adding some sort of mouse-over tag so we can see what track/s were flagged and by whom so that it can be contested if necessary to ensure no abuse of the DMCA…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow creators to play music on stream even if not created by the user or having rights to it but are required to keep it a very low volume. I feel removing the ability for streamer to have background music of their, or viewers choice is taking away the personality of the streamer. For me the music I listen to describes the person I am the mood I am feeling and an over all setting for new and old viewers.I just don't want to have to play a game and not listen to my favorite songs as I hang out…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The fact that copyright holders are sending DMCA strikes for people who are listening to music during their stream is absurd. It's commercially absurd. It's ethically absurd and its practically absurd.

First of all the behaviour by publishers is completely against their own interests and is completely ignorant of how people consume content on the internet. This isn't surprising given that these industries are essentially dominated by boomer dinosaurs who used to sell us CDs at 30 dollars a pop (30 dollars in the 90s).

Now we can access any song we want with a click of a button. Most…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Create a database of commonly struck games that links with Game library on the dashboard. Then have a warning that displays when a streamer changes category to a game that is commonly struck by the game's (or music creator's) rights holder(s) so a streamer is aware and ready to deal action AFTER or make plans before.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I constantly get muted audio although I own a license for streaming those songs.
    When I appeal the muted audio it seems like nobody ever cares and unmutes it. And there's even no chance to upload a license to proof that I am allowed to play those songs in public.

Please Twitch, please finally fix this!
    1. Add an "Upload license buttton"
    2. Unmute muted audio when proven that the license is valid!

Especially with the current DMCA takedown situation in mind I truly believe more people would be willing to pay for licensed music to play if it wouldn't…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Apply the principle of presumption of innocence, as every respectable legal system does. Why, after a copyright claim, do you immediately take down videos or parts of the content or even ban the streames, thus automatically siding with the claimant? Youtube and other services doing this does not make it in any way right. Consider first giving the streamers a reasonable period to defend themselves, and only following on any action after the streamer has been heard and did not make a compelling case for themselves. This will have the benefit of not making you look like so much of…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Currently, only the owner of the work or the agency on behalf of the rights holder can submit a DCMA claim on a stream or a VOD.

However, as a viewer of a few channels, it's clear that some streamers are actively streaming music and video from services like YouTube and Spotify on a regular basis. Attempting to report these streamers links to pages with information with how to report, but "only if it's my work that's being infringed"

One such user was so blasé about their infringement that they openly claimed on stream that "it doesn't matter about DMCA…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/17/512 Twitch needs to look at the actual letter of the law and unless the person doing the strike does everything as required in paragraph section C. Paragraph 3, Subsection A, no strike is valid or legal as ruled by US Ninth Circuit Court in Lenz v. Universal Music Corp resolved on September 14, 2015

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Your algorithm intended to mute 3 songs in the stream, but muted 20 minutes of the stream which included sections of the stream when those songs were NOT being played.

The flag also listed the song as 3:30+ seconds when only 0:30 seconds of the song was played.

You need to add a section under "Appeal Muted Audio" to state "portions of the playback were muted in error" and "DO NOT contain the songs listed in the flag report."

Also, you should allow users to download this audio without muting since it will not be streamed on your site.

You…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Under German law (§8 UrhG), and certainly under the equivalent copyright laws of various other countries, anyone who participates in the creation of a work is entitled to co-authorship.
    Theoretically, users who write in the Chat which is inserted in the stream footage can claim co-authorship of the stream.
    Yes, in this case one can argue that as with a call on live television, it must be expected that one's own contribution (like the voice on television), will be broadcast live.
    BUT: That streamers offer a VoD on Twitch is OPTIONAL. Also, that streamers record the stream and upload to…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?