Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

214 results found

1. i think it not apropriate to show the nudity of body like many channels

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. “Twitch does not allow content that depicts, glorifies, encourages, or supports terrorism, or violent extremist actors or acts.” But for some reason Twitch allows it in games? Call of duty modern warfare 2 allows you to slaughter civilians at an airport. Destroy All Humans glorifies Genocide. The Postal series promotes mass murder. These games have their place but it’s not on this platform by Twitch’s own definition. Either ban these games or change the community guidelines to allow depictions of terrorism.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Banned streamers for lurking and trying to pick up date during live stream. Safety precaution for young ladies streamers whom older men viewers flirting and speaking to them awkwardly during live stream. Stream should be cut off or turn off. Both streamer and viewer should be questioned. Also ban temporarily.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. several channels seem to have inflated views by embedding their channels on wiki sites or other websites with high traffic. Are there any plans to address this so they don't skew the numbers for certain categories of games?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. There are some users that I have dealt with in the past that purposefully mis-identify trans/non-binary individuals and streamers. How will Twitch trust and safety board manage these users? Purposeful mis-identification is very hurtful, especially after being told the correct identity, and they outright are ignorant to it.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I see a lot of streamers doing these "Unban Appeal" stream on their channel as "content". While the streamers and viewers may think this is an entertaining for content, it is often very toxic for the community.

The person got banned for a reason for breaking TOS or either not appropriate for chat, and their chat texts were deleted by moderators. Do we really need to revisit their toxic comments on stream again and display their chat or read it out aloud again? These comments were deleted for a reason right?

Most of the time, this becomes Harassment and Bullying…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Beside being obviously racist; I find it insulting to assume because one is white they inherently have some sort of privilege that is not available to others. Instead of focusing more on the behavioral aspects of one's own community.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I'm from the south and see a good amount of Dixie's still flying. Wouldn't do it myself, but I respect those who do and know they are good people. Believe it or not, the flag is a symbol of regional pride and heritage, and is in NO WAY the racist hate symbol that you and others inside the progressive orthodoxy see it as. Unilaterally painting it as such and ignoring the reality on the ground, what it actually means to the people living here, is just wrong. It's an inspirational symbol to fight for what you believe in, and all…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. There should be two different accounts. One for streamers and one for viewers. I noticed most streamers tend to flirt more with other streamers. This distracts the audience. There should be a new rule streamers can't view other streamers. Raids should be random not chosen. If this is going to happen. Safety reasons for women streamers being lurk by older male streamers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. With the growing popularity of using virtual worlds to connect, teach and communicate, Second Life really should be allowed.

Not all of SL is "mature". There are universities present, corporations with "campuses", virtual concerts and charity events. Today, one of the book clubs interviewed Larry Niven, who was in-world, in full avatar as one of his own characters.
    Give it some thought.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. During the town hall the coo mentioned that Twitch didn't want to assume identity. The N word hard R is is a slur and should not be allowed to be sent through chat under any circumstances. It is hate speech. N word with the a used on stream amongst Black individuals is in no way the same as saying N hard R in chat.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Words. Language. The way in which we communicate our thoughts and feelings. Twitch seems to want to continue to ban more and more words. When does it stop? What does Twitch look like in 2024? Can anyone say anything without being in fear of being banned? How long do big streamers stay on a platform that curbs their freedom to express themselves? I simply inquire where it stops.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Hello as a streamer we need more understanding once we report some do to safety reason what we can do especially if we don't have enough data to report to that persons local authorities.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. We're in a new day and age where woman are able to do the same things/get the same things as men. One of those things is being able to show our torso. This includes being able to show our breasts. Laws have passed to allow women to be topless in public.

If women are legally allowed to be topless in public, why are we told to cover our nipples and the areas around? I don't agree that we should have to cover our nipples. Why should we when men can?

Twitch should allow women to be comfortable in their own…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Es wird langsam Zeit, dass Twitch seine ToS zu Bekleidung und Nacktheit aktuallisiert! Twitch verliert seinen guten Status, Werbepartner verweigern beriets das ihre Werbung vor solchen Streams laufen. Deswegen macht bitte etwas dagegen!

• Keine Pool Streams
    • Badekleidung nur noch erlaubt wenn 80-90% des Streams im Wasser stattfinden (kein Planschbecken im Zimmer)
    • Streams die hauptbezogen auf Körperteile ( Brüste, Hintern) sind verbieten.
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I know many people under the age of 13 that wanna watch peoples' streams or show off their talent on Twitch, but they can't since they don't meet the age requirement. Instead, I think people under the age of 13 should be able to use Twitch, just without the chat feature. That way they can still show off their awesome skills but they just won't be able to view the chat in case there is someone inappropriate in it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I currently share the Gospel message on twitch through gaming in Fortnite. I've been banned TWICE for "harrasment" If I have concent from the other party to talk about the Bible or my religion, why is it considered "harrassment". Also, how do you plan on addressing the persecution Christians face on your platform, for holding a belief that is contrary to the LGBTQ community.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. For quite a while now, I have seen too many people smoking/vaping publicly on Twitch.
    I have to keep adding them to the "Not interested section as it's REALLY uncomfortable. I have a friend who smokes, but whenever my friend does, he ALWAYS turns of his camera.
    People who watch those streams could end up smoking/vaping too from following the streamers footsteps. I mean, children at the age of 13 could be watching them and get the wrong ideas. Please change it so it is more balanced and safer.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Under the new harassment policies being implemented in January, Twitch has effectively identified foreign nationals who have migrated to another country (e.g., to the United States) as a protected group (the term "immigration status" is invoked as an example of what constitutes a protected class). The policy later states that saying "[protected group] should not be allowed to vote" constitutes "[a call] for subjugation, segregation or exclusion." It seems to me that this policy entails that anyone who advocates enforcing the voting requirements of probably every single nation on earth (i.e., every nation prohibits non-citizens from voting) is guilty of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Hello Twitch!
    I've recently heard the wonderful news that you're banning derogatory language such as 'simp' and 'incel'. This means a lot to me, since it’s obviously very harmful language, but I feel you're leaving out a big offender with those cases. I would be happy to see people stop using 'noob' to insult people. It is in all circumstances used offensively, making people not want to play the game. Personally, I have been called this many times, even when I haven't been a new player in a game. It always hurts my feelings and it cuts really deep. Some…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?