Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Channel Points

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Channel Points

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. It would be awesome if we could group certain channel point items together (on the streamer dashboard) to allow for quick bulk activating/deactivating. Sometimes there are instances where I need to pause/deactivate a particular number of channel point redeemables due to the type of stream I'm doing (i.e. video game casual playthrough vs video game speedrun vs just chatting, etc.). This would allow for better overall organization and fine tuning of channel point items that are specific to a stream. Thank you!

93 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

21 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The option to RESET channel points would be nice, game I play EFT have something like seasons (wipes), in late game i letting people to ask for throw of grenade and other more or less expensive (in game) rewards, at the beginning of season (wipe) I would get poor in few seconds, so please let me reset points they have, so they will have to earn new ones for rewards
    Can you make that option for us?

86 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. if the boost feature is added, won’t it benefit bigger streamers rather than smaller ones? i think it needs to be beneficial for them too.

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Boost this stream  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. A channel point leaderboard

I feel like this would be another fun inclination for viewers to stay in channels and to show who is most active in the communities.

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. It would be amazing to cancel your vote. For example, the user votes for the wrong option by mistake, and wants to vote for what they intended to.

This would be rather easy to do, just during the vote window, allow to cancel your vote and re-vote. Once the vote window is over, then its locked in.

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Predictions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. As of right now one has to use the popup window to start and complete a prediction.
    It would be great if you could start a prediction with /prediction [Name of prediction] [Outcome 1] [Outcome 2] [Duration] and select the outcome in a similar fashion to allow some kind of automation.

76 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Predictions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Instead of asking our viewers to choose between fun and promoting the stream, make the boost passive and based on ANY points spent during a stream.

As it stands, the system is creating a conflict of interest - particularly for channels that are solely powered on Channel Points.

74 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Boost this stream  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Channel points would benefit from having more options. Give streamers the ability to put a redemption on a cooldown per user and per redemption so we aren't getting spammed with 10 hydration checks in one minute etc.

Allowing moderator access to channel points could be cool too. Have a redemption that we can type a command and have it work automatically. Examples:
    "Time myself out for 1 minute!" /timout [user] 60
    "Emote only chat!" /emoteonly

Even better would be a double command with a box for a time interval, so:
    "VIP for a day!" /vip [user] | duration 24:00:00 |…

72 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Basically just let mods make predictions on mobile. It makes everyone's lives easier. Thanks!

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. It'd help me as the streamer, and I think chat would enjoy it too, if predictions stayed as drop downs at the top of chat during their duration similar to polls so that we could check what the details were. I like to let chat bet on my speedrun time, and often half-way through the run I don't remember the exact time they bet on.

Predictions have been a great addition to the stream, it adds a whole new layer to my content! Thanks for the new feature!

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Predictions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Having a channel-specific badge that viewers can display could be a great way to allow users to flaunt long-term viewership in a channel. Similar to the way that a channel-specific bit badge operates, viewers could choose to invest Channel Points in to this badge which would upgrade to a fancier version at whatever cutoff points Twitch decides upon. This can also serve as a good catch-all purpose Channel Points redemption for channels that don't have or want extensive Channel Point options available.

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. We have "Redemption Cooldown Time", "Limit Redemptions Per Stream" & "Limit Redemptions Per User Per Stream". Can we get "Redemption Cooldown Time Per User"

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. IRC could send a USERNOTICE on any rewards obtained by the viewers.

In that way we could automate some rewards without changing much to the most popular bot format : a IRC client without any Pubsub implementation.

Current IRC format allows to automate custom rewards with mandatory text input via custom-reward-id.

So we have to force text input for these rewards, and it's only an extra step forced to viewers. As this extra step is not necessary, and most Twitch user-related actions are handled by USERNOTICE events, it would fit nicely in this event.

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. • Create a variable that allows both streamers and moderators to start predictions where they can freely define the time they last active. This time would be specified in seconds and when starting the prediction, the timer would be displayed, which indicates the remaining time.

The predefined options currently offered by Twitch are stark and lack a middle ground. A prediction can be very short or last too long, so much so that the message that the prediction has started is displayed for too long or too little time.

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. If one of the options in your prediction is "not compliant with our content guidelines", the title/name of the prediction is highlighted in red, instead of the option(s) that is at fault

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Predictions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Scenario: Twitch channel run by multiple people in a community where they centralize events. The channel meets all of the Affiliate requirements, however does not want to obtain Affiliate in order to avoid singing a single person's tax information to that community account. Is it possible to apply/gain the affiliate advantages such as Channel Points for this account? I suggest having an option somewhere to Apply.

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. There should be a way for a streamer to GIVE channel points to specific viewers for doing things like winning a game or match, guessing a number, or any of the other kinds of things streamers already do to make their streams interactive.

There are plenty of commands that utilize the "/" character to do all sorts of things easily from the chatroom, so I was thinking something easy like:

/give-points 1000 username

Simple, and it would instantly award the specified number of points to whomever is listed as the "username".

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. It would be nice to have something to rival Mixer's sparks. If there was something we could do with this new Channel Points feature that would be awesome.

Maybe a global threshold/minimum of Channel Points to reward dedicated viewers with a redeemable subscription? Scaling that threshold/minimum for larger streamers, 1sub every 6 months per channel or account, etc...(I'm sure you could figure out restrictions around it)

I would think this would be a good incentive to being more active in the streams you enjoy as well as monetizing the Channel Points.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Rewards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. If the mods/streamer pick the wrong option or misclick for a prediction, they should be able to refund all points to the original holders or even change the result.

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Predictions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?