Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Channel Points

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Channel Points

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. It would be nice to have something to rival Mixer's sparks. If there was something we could do with this new Channel Points feature that would be awesome.

Maybe a global threshold/minimum of Channel Points to reward dedicated viewers with a redeemable subscription? Scaling that threshold/minimum for larger streamers, 1sub every 6 months per channel or account, etc...(I'm sure you could figure out restrictions around it)

I would think this would be a good incentive to being more active in the streams you enjoy as well as monetizing the Channel Points.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Rewards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. To be able to share points with others in chat, like if they don't have any, or if u had a lil side bet with them to give or get points.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Predictions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. As of right now one has to use the popup window to start and complete a prediction.
    It would be great if you could start a prediction with /prediction [Name of prediction] [Outcome 1] [Outcome 2] [Duration] and select the outcome in a similar fashion to allow some kind of automation.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. It'd help me as the streamer, and I think chat would enjoy it too, if predictions stayed as drop downs at the top of chat during their duration similar to polls so that we could check what the details were. I like to let chat bet on my speedrun time, and often half-way through the run I don't remember the exact time they bet on.

Predictions have been a great addition to the stream, it adds a whole new layer to my content! Thanks for the new feature!

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I have a loyalty reward where people can redeem "codes" to enter for giveaways but I have to manually fill the orders, it would be great if you can set a default short message that gets sent to the redeemer as a whisper so I can auto deliver information/codes/redeemable verbal messages to the person who redeems privately and instantly for automation.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Rewards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Have the option to make channel point redemtions a limitied number of uses per viewer as well as overall.

At the moment it is hard to implement new ones because if you make the cost low then older viewers will spam it for all it's worth, make the cost high and new viewers can't partake.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. It would be amazing to cancel your vote. For example, the user votes for the wrong option by mistake, and wants to vote for what they intended to.

This would be rather easy to do, just during the vote window, allow to cancel your vote and re-vote. Once the vote window is over, then its locked in.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Predictions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I am no where close to being a partner, and this happened for me (average 12 viewers). I was so amazed when I got the oppurtunity for this. It was a bit tough to reach the goal, but you have 2 days. When I completed the Boost challenge it made my stream boost to 56 viewers. It only last about 10 mins. I feel like if this is going to be a thing, let the small streamer enjoy the Boost a little longer. I do not feel this option should be for partners.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Boost this stream  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. We have "Redemption Cooldown Time", "Limit Redemptions Per Stream" & "Limit Redemptions Per User Per Stream". Can we get "Redemption Cooldown Time Per User"

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. • Create a variable that allows both streamers and moderators to start predictions where they can freely define the time they last active. This time would be specified in seconds and when starting the prediction, the timer would be displayed, which indicates the remaining time.

The predefined options currently offered by Twitch are stark and lack a middle ground. A prediction can be very short or last too long, so much so that the message that the prediction has started is displayed for too long or too little time.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Predictions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I'm in the process of developing a game designed to use channel points (CP) as a means for viewers to interact with it. I however have encountered a couple of minor issues that would be detrimental or unintended side effects of the game due to limitations in the channel point system.

Firstly, there is no way to order CP rewards manually. Since the CP rewards are the viewers interface and resulting action, it would be much better to have them ordered by type of action rather then the cost of the action. In addition I wanted to use a "NOTES"…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. If one of the options in your prediction is "not compliant with our content guidelines", the title/name of the prediction is highlighted in red, instead of the option(s) that is at fault

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Predictions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Mods are human, and sometimes they click the wrong result for the prediction. There currently isn't a way to reverse the prediction result, shorting people of their channel points even though they predicted correctly.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Predictions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Evidently in trying to collect data on the optimal way to implement the Boost feature, there's a group of streamers that are getting the boosts and others that are not. This makes sense but to reduce bias, it may be needed to have a second part data collection where the group that did not get any boosts get the boosts instead, and compare the results from the two parts. This can help identify any biases, if any, and will be more fair (and thus reduce dissatisfaction of smaller streamers that we're seeing).

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Boost this stream  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. On Twitch Embed Players with video and chat (https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/embed/everything), it is currently not possible to gain Channel Points while watching.
    It is possible to spend Channel Points with an embedded player/chat, so it seems necessary to obtain them while watching as well.
    Thanks!

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Greetings.

My friend runs a very low-tier channel on twitch, and I'm the horrible computer janitor saddled with coding his insane demands. One of the rewards he offers is for people to become a "king of the stream". This doesn't do anything besides play a special sound, it's just a fun thing people can spend their points on.

Of course, we all know the internet; the more meaningless something is, the more people want it. Often, this reward is sniped while my friend is still getting set up and people are filing in. This kinda ruins it for everyone else…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Make Affiliates and Partner able to create default points reward which gives access to one emote (out of emotes that the streamer has selected) to use forever. The emotes could be sub emotes or special points emotes. These could be used to reward loyal viewers and create limited time emotes that could be used even after the limited time is over.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. The channel I mod for has a channel point prize for adding a song to a warm up playlist. It would be good if we had the ability to set keys and values on the message that gets sent for the channel point redemption message. So I could set like "reward: song" and then "url: {whatever the url is}" etc.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. It would be a pretty neat way to incentivise people if certain Channel Point Rewards were restricted to Subscribers only (and one step further would be to separate between the tiers).

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Would love a way to create categories for the channel points in the managing section. I know that I and other creators have specific redemption's for what we are streaming. Specific to the game we play, ones that will be available all the time, etc. Instead of trying to find all the ones to enable or disable would be nice if they were all together.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?