Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Channel Points

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Channel Points

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

190 results found

1. The streamer that I mod for is busy being entertaining and streaming and keeping viewers excited, and they don't have time to go through and queue up songs for the playlist (one of the new channel point prizes we have in our channel). It would be helpful if mods had the ability to access the same interface as the streamers get, to help out.

910 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. For variety streamers, it would be wonderful to be able to put certain channel point rewards into folders that can be turned on and off with the flip of a switch.

For example, I could put all my "Fallguys" rewards into a "Fallguys" folder. Then the entire folder could be turned on. When I play a different game, I could turn the folder off.

With the current system, we have to go through a huge list of rewards turning each individual reward on and off when switching games. The end result is that many streamers just have rewards that don't…

777 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Chat polls are a super fun way to keep chat engaged and excited about whats happening in the community and on screen, and it would be cool to have at least a small channel point incentive for participating.

385 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Viewers should be able to earn Channel Points by watching VODs (Video on Demand). Undoubtedly, many viewers of many streamers are of international relation to the streamer, this is why it is important to include everyone into the Channel Points experience by letting viewers earn Channel Points by watching VODs by their favourite streamers. This feature must be implemented because international viewers are situated in a different country, thus (in most cases) are in a different time zone. So it only makes sense for viewers who aren't able to watch live streams be able to earn Channel Points by watching…

384 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I think users should be allowed to give their channel points to other users. You choose who you want to give your channel points to and how much channel points you want to give them. It could be useful in multiple circumstances.

For example, a user has 45k channel points and wants to redeem a reward that costs 50k. A different user may be generous and then give the first user 5k channel points so they can afford the reward.

Since streamers have infinite channel points for their channel, they could give users points too. For example, they could have…

368 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow streamers and/or mods to view the points for each viewer, and to add/remove points from viewers in their channel. (This will also give streamers the option to manually transfer points from any other point system.)

295 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Currently you only can input text for channel point rewards. Let's change that. Here are some ideas:

• Numbers only
    • dropdown list
    • sliders (with adjustable range)
    • up to 6 buttons (text or icons)
    • color picker
    • Other usernames in chat
    • 1-5 stars rating
    • date/time
    • secret (isn't shown in chat, except for >= moderators)

the payload of those results can be sent as regular content, as if they were entered as text. This would remove a lot of explaining to viewers how to use channel points.

No more "If you enter \"can you set your LEDs to brown?\" into the field, my script…

173 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Currently we have built a game around channel points. The issue is there is no way to disable the "claiming" of channel points in chat. This makes chat spam like crazing.

Would love a way to hide the messages showing up, while still letting users claim them

157 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. We have "Redemption Cooldown Time", "Limit Redemptions Per Stream" & "Limit Redemptions Per User Per Stream". Can we get "Redemption Cooldown Time Per User"

139 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The option to RESET channel points would be nice, game I play EFT have something like seasons (wipes), in late game i letting people to ask for throw of grenade and other more or less expensive (in game) rewards, at the beginning of season (wipe) I would get poor in few seconds, so please let me reset points they have, so they will have to earn new ones for rewards
    Can you make that option for us?

123 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. A section similar to emote analytics but for channel point redemptions.

After clearing out your channel point rewards queue, there's no longer a way to see what was redeemed and how many times. While streaming, it's very hard to keep track of that.

Having a dedicated section for analytics would allow creators to remove redemptions that are only being used by a small portion of viewers or even one or two people and replace it with something more can enjoy.

Creating this analytic will also help creators increase chat engagement as they'll understand better what they can do to prompt…

110 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Having a channel-specific badge that viewers can display could be a great way to allow users to flaunt long-term viewership in a channel. Similar to the way that a channel-specific bit badge operates, viewers could choose to invest Channel Points in to this badge which would upgrade to a fancier version at whatever cutoff points Twitch decides upon. This can also serve as a good catch-all purpose Channel Points redemption for channels that don't have or want extensive Channel Point options available.

108 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. How about we have a leader board for channel points so everyone (even the channel owner & their moderators) can see who has how many points. The channel owner would be the only person to give out channel points on their own terms.

99 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Mods currently have the ability to refund and clear their own purchases on the channels. Unless the streamer is following their every move, or accumulates a back log, we can't see this happening. Mods should at the very least, not be able to refund and clear their own channel point purchases.

A better thing would be to not allow them to clear out the requests at all. Just mark them completed and to refund, but keep the digital trail. Currently the only way to find this is to be on the same page with all your other mods, and check/compare…

96 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Channel points would benefit from having more options. Give streamers the ability to put a redemption on a cooldown per user and per redemption so we aren't getting spammed with 10 hydration checks in one minute etc.

Allowing moderator access to channel points could be cool too. Have a redemption that we can type a command and have it work automatically. Examples:
    "Time myself out for 1 minute!" /timout [user] 60
    "Emote only chat!" /emoteonly

Even better would be a double command with a box for a time interval, so:
    "VIP for a day!" /vip [user] | duration 24:00:00 |…

88 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Dear Twitch,
    I strongly believe that It would be a good idea to implement a fix into twitch making people eligible to collect channel points in multiple streams at the same time. By doing this, many people will have the opportunity to redeem rewards in their favourite twitch streamers stream by simply having a tab of their stream open when ever they are live. Knowing that you are able to watch something else or even another streamer/s and still collect channel points will overall make people happy. I have had my own experience with this as it has been very…

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I can't see any logic behind the order of my Channel points rewards. It's not ABC or ZYX or 0123 ... nothing like this. Please let us rearrange our rewards, so it's in the order we want to have it.

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. IRC could send a USERNOTICE on any rewards obtained by the viewers.

In that way we could automate some rewards without changing much to the most popular bot format : a IRC client without any Pubsub implementation.

Current IRC format allows to automate custom rewards with mandatory text input via custom-reward-id.

So we have to force text input for these rewards, and it's only an extra step forced to viewers. As this extra step is not necessary, and most Twitch user-related actions are handled by USERNOTICE events, it would fit nicely in this event.

66 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I'm in the process of developing a game designed to use channel points (CP) as a means for viewers to interact with it. I however have encountered a couple of minor issues that would be detrimental or unintended side effects of the game due to limitations in the channel point system.

Firstly, there is no way to order CP rewards manually. Since the CP rewards are the viewers interface and resulting action, it would be much better to have them ordered by type of action rather then the cost of the action. In addition I wanted to use a "NOTES"…

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add a list of options to choose from for a channel point redemption. For example I allow users to change the stream layout. Rather than having 3 separate icons I could have one and they can choose the option. The output in chat would be the same as if they typed the message out. I'd also like them to be able to change the greenscreen background and adding 3 or 4 more redemption options would start to clutter the points screen.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?