Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Channel Points

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Channel Points

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

38 results found

1. So, I was an affiliate and decided to leave the program and really miss the interactive channel point system. It would be LOVELY if you all would give channel points to ALL streamers because it just makes sense. Channel points are a great way to have interactivity with your community and it SUCKS that I, a non-affiliate or partner streamer, can't use the feature. I may be in the minority of this though. My question is though, why is it only for affiliates and partners anyways? It's not like you make money off the channel points anyways, so it really…

1,791 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

442 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The channel points right now are just based on streaks and time spent in a chat. What would make it perfect is the ability to award your viewers or entire chat with an amount of points you choose as well. If it were possible to award points yourself in addition to the twitch integrated method of earning points it would be perfect.
    For example:
    -I could choose to award the whole chat 100 points each when we get raided.
    -I could choose to award a specific viewer 50 points for telling the best joke.

882 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

60 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The point multipliers have recently changed so that it is fairer that if you are paying for a higher tier sub, you receive a higher multiplier. Unfortunately, as opposed to increasing the multiplier for higher-tiered, lower tiers had their multipliers drastically lowered to the point of not really being that different from a non-subscriber. Idk how it may look from the pov of Twitch Staff, but from a user, getting 12 points for passive watch time and 60 points for an active watch time bonus while a non-subscriber gets 10 and 50 points respectively just doesn't seem that fair. When…

131 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I have had complaints from multiple chat users today that their channel points were not collecting. On further investigation myself I have concluded that Twitch have AGAIN changed their policy on how many channels views/channel points count for and have now reduced it to a maximum of TWO CHANNELS?!

This is RIDICULOUS!? It impacts viewers negatively as many channels they watch will offer giveaways/rewards/etc. for channel points which they like to collect. In addition it impacts streamers negatively as it significantly lowers their average viewership.

This is a LOSE LOSE situation for viewers and streamers alike. Please, with URGENCY, restore…

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Interest  ·  4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I talked to StreamElements to get an alert for highlight messages in the new channel points feature, but they said this is not possible because of the API, I don't know how that works, but they said they need the API to make the alert working this will be possible soon?

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. A little button that when you press you get to see all the channel points that you lost/won on that channel

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The way the current stream streak works is kinda pointless.

You didn't miss 3 streams and you can share that you didn't missed 3 streams. And you only have another of that if you do miss a stream and restart another 3-stream streak.

Do you remember that you have the "Monthly Recap" feature that shows you have XX of YY streams watched.

Make the user the option to share at the first watched stream of the month how many streams he did watched on the last month.

That would make it way more meaningful for the users to share.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. You have a chance to get a normal treasure chest and then you also have a chance to get golden and gem treasure chests that give more than the normal treasure chest but the golden and gem treasure chests are pretty rare.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I think a setting to remove channel points functionality for yourself as a viewer (either globally or, even better, on a per channel basis as well), including predictions. This would be intended as an accessibility feature for people who struggle with psychological problems such as addiction to gambling.

Admin audit: Edited title to make it easier to search/discover

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. change hype train and chat poll popups to not increase chat size and decrease stream size unless interacted with or add an option to not have that happen.
    Change hype train and chat poll popups to Open the chat and then do the same when the chat is closed/stream is in fullscreen mode. Both issues are infuriatingly obnoxious that should never have been a thing to start with.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. i have recently experienced on a couple streamers i follow that my watch stream streaks automatically resets without knowledge of whats going on and why it reset. it is very frustrating having to have your count reset when you continue watching these streamers on a daily basis. there should be a fix to make the watch streaks not reset.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. https://twitter.com/kcdotmp4/status/1363631643668353025

Explains it with an image attached, but for those who don't want to click it; explanation below.

Basically it's a page where you can filter out by ascending/descending order in which channels you have the most channel points in, but it also displays if you forgot to follow said channels and if they're currently live along with their stream titles and displayed stats such as viewers/duration of stream, just kinda like your following/browsing page, but condensed nicely with the addition of being able to sort by channel points.

Because I have this really weird quirk about me where I…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Sarebbe molto bello poter regalare i punti canale a qualcuno che si trova in stream senza che debba donare

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Mods and VIPs get extra channel points

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. As a fellow twitch member and someone who has spent my money buying a sub I personally think the 1.2x multiplier is not enough and I am too broke to buy either a tier 2 or 3 sub. I think a 1.5x multiplier at minimum for a tier 1 sub would fit the price I pay.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It would be nice to acquire channel points from each stream and take them into other streams. I watch roughly 6-7 different streamers, some I'm interactive with and others I am not due to redeems being the default and not worth using. I would Like to carry those points that I acquire from certain streams and use the acquired channel points in other streams.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. My friends vision isn’t so great from the new colour of the channel points bonus box under twitch chat. Is there any way to revert the colour or to change it entirely? Or even just ask to make it a more visual friendly colour again? He suffers from colour weakness and I’m sure others like him or with full colour blindness may find it difficult in seeing the colour of the box. I think it’s more to do with the time of the colour but it causes him physical discomfort.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please bring back the scrollbar on the channel points and rewards panel. Some of us aren't using mousewheels, making it impossible to scroll the window down.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. i use the chatterino extinction and i would love if yall would all it to have channel points; for i can use predictions with everyone else

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?