Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Channel Points

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Channel Points

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. So, I was an affiliate and decided to leave the program and really miss the interactive channel point system. It would be LOVELY if you all would give channel points to ALL streamers because it just makes sense. Channel points are a great way to have interactivity with your community and it SUCKS that I, a non-affiliate or partner streamer, can't use the feature. I may be in the minority of this though. My question is though, why is it only for affiliates and partners anyways? It's not like you make money off the channel points anyways, so it really…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The community goal for contributing channel points doesn't show up at all on mobile application.

So some viewers (who use mobile exclusively) can't use the community goal feature.

Please fix this.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Can you add the fact of launching a predictions from mobile twitch pls?

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Predictions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Channel Points...I love them already. I do. I'm using them as I'm typing here. One great idea though imo...I really would like it even better if Twitch gave us a bunch of random icons to choose from to use with each custom reward we have. I don't have any custom icons and as a gamer, streamer, and upcoming holiday lover, I don't know about you but, I don't have the money to pay for a bunch of icons at different resolutions to be honest lol. I KNOW alot of streamers will love to have this option as well. My first…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Many streamers have a feature where if you donate a certain amount of currency, whether that be bits or the local currency the streamer has setup on their streaming provider, your message will come up on stream and get read aloud by a voice that the streamer can customize. Because there is generally a minimum amount to get this text-to-speech feature (TTS), and it is a big moneymaker for some people, I don't know how many people would use this feature, but I think it would be a good idea to allow channel points to pay for TTS messages. I…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. This entire idea of Boost this stream is amazing. As a content creator I am more than happy and ecstatic at the thought of maybe having this on my own channel. Although I see this tools usefulness in aiding smaller streamers grow I feel that certain criteria should be in place before becoming eligible to have access to a boost. For example: You can't get boosts on your channel unless you are an affiliate, You can't buy boosts in anyway shape or form for yourself and you can't get boosted if you are a partner. I feel the most important…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Boost this stream  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Prior to channel points being a Twitch feature, many streamers decided to use their streaming provider to create a point system and create another source of entertainment on streams. I know that with Streamlabs points you can gamble your points which provides yet another way to entertain yourself on stream. In some streams you could actually type !gamble in chat and streamelements would then reply with a successful or failed gamble doubling or claiming the point amount you gambled, but this may not be viable because it could really clog up chat. I do wish however that there were some…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Show live via a Twitch Ambassador streamer or another Twitch official channel how this works.

If the boost system in any way can be used to over take those with a smaller audience, by having a 200+ viewer channel boost it's way in front of a 45 viewer channel, then there lies an issue.

I wanna see what it does before making assumptions if it's a positive feature or not; whether I want to support the feature or not. As of now, it seems fine but I would love a live feed demonstrating how it functions, and answers to questions…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Moderators have access to view the reward requests view of the twitch streams they moderate for and accept or reject the reward redemption. Can broadcaster have more control over this capability?

While it is awesome our mods have the ability to do this, some moderators may exploit the ability to approve and reject requests, while rejection means the channel points go back to the person. For custom rewards this means they can keep accumulating points and redeeming them on custom rewards and then rejecting and giving themselves the points back.

As broadcasters, we do not have the ability to see…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Basically just let mods make predictions on mobile. It makes everyone's lives easier. Thanks!

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I would like to display an alert after the prediction pool got set and paid out for example. A connected Leaderboard would be great too.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Simply an option to Add Channel Points to followers

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. There should be a way for a streamer to GIVE channel points to specific viewers for doing things like winning a game or match, guessing a number, or any of the other kinds of things streamers already do to make their streams interactive.

There are plenty of commands that utilize the "/" character to do all sorts of things easily from the chatroom, so I was thinking something easy like:

/give-points 1000 username

Simple, and it would instantly award the specified number of points to whomever is listed as the "username".

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Instead of only a limit per stream, allow channel point rewards to be redeemed per a time frame (every 15 mins,m, 30 mins, etc.)

-Aqajj

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. So I have a lot of points for a streamer I watch but can’t really do anything usefull with it. I think it would be great if it was not only possible to unlock an emote for 24 hours but if it was also possible to gift another viewer an emote for 24 hours using your channelpoints. I would love to see this feature added. It would really improve the interaction between viewers as well

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. when mod give wrong side point,audience and streamer cant handle it

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make it so the predictions stay open until the timer bar runs out please.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I think it would be nice if you could donate channel points between users, so you could unite a streamer's community more

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. The boost this stream should be based off streaming hours instead of 2 days. For example, I got the "boost this stream" challenge the other day, but I was ill and had to cancel my stream the day after, then the day after that is my off day.

It will now be missed because we were just short on the day it came in as it came in at the end of my stream. Instead of it being 2 days. Have it be the next x amount of hours streamed. This gives people the chance to hit the goal if…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Boost this stream  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I wish you and the team would stop trying to push features like this. Instead of having a "boost" feature, why not work on a better way to make smaller content creators to be discovered?

Many have resulted in branching out to other social media and content creation platforms in order to funnel more viewers into twitch because of the over saturation of streams. Look at how addictive YouTube and Tik Tok are... Also look at how easy they are to just continuously browse and find new content. These are the things you should be focused on.

Honestly, Small streamers…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?