Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Channel Points

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Channel Points

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

614 results found

1. The community goal for contributing channel points doesn't show up at all on mobile application.

So some viewers (who use mobile exclusively) can't use the community goal feature.

Please fix this.

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I have a loyalty reward where people can redeem "codes" to enter for giveaways but I have to manually fill the orders, it would be great if you can set a default short message that gets sent to the redeemer as a whisper so I can auto deliver information/codes/redeemable verbal messages to the person who redeems privately and instantly for automation.

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Instead of only a limit per stream, allow channel point rewards to be redeemed per a time frame (every 15 mins,m, 30 mins, etc.)

-Aqajj

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. On Twitch Embed Players with video and chat (https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/embed/everything), it is currently not possible to gain Channel Points while watching.
    It is possible to spend Channel Points with an embedded player/chat, so it seems necessary to obtain them while watching as well.
    Thanks!

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I have had complaints from multiple chat users today that their channel points were not collecting. On further investigation myself I have concluded that Twitch have AGAIN changed their policy on how many channels views/channel points count for and have now reduced it to a maximum of TWO CHANNELS?!

This is RIDICULOUS!? It impacts viewers negatively as many channels they watch will offer giveaways/rewards/etc. for channel points which they like to collect. In addition it impacts streamers negatively as it significantly lowers their average viewership.

This is a LOSE LOSE situation for viewers and streamers alike. Please, with URGENCY, restore…

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Interest  ·  4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The paid boosting feature is unethical and engineers around the problem that the current algorithm serves content in a way that is both obfuscated from participants yet is clearly biased towards extremely large partnered streamers and/or divisive content.

Instead deliver content that appeals to individual viewers based on their viewing habits and adjust the front page and the algorithm:
    - Partnered Streamers Recommended for you x3
    - Affiliate Streamers Recommended for you x3
    - New for you x6 (2 partner, 2 affiliate, 2 any) streams of varying size and varying content type

similarly for the search and category views of…

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Just add a new kind of cooldown to custom about channel points to lock the reward when you start your stream.
    Because lot of user use their reward before the streamer is ready to start his content (we don't have the time to finish the introduction and presentation of the stream ^^)

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The ability to have two predictions running at once. One prediction would be short term (per round/per run/per level) and the other long term (per stream/overall goal).

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Predictions  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Moderators have access to view the reward requests view of the twitch streams they moderate for and accept or reject the reward redemption. Can broadcaster have more control over this capability?

While it is awesome our mods have the ability to do this, some moderators may exploit the ability to approve and reject requests, while rejection means the channel points go back to the person. For custom rewards this means they can keep accumulating points and redeeming them on custom rewards and then rejecting and giving themselves the points back.

As broadcasters, we do not have the ability to see…

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. For April Fool's several streamers added googly eyes to their emotes, when I first saw this I assumed it was an emote modification. This seems in line with other permanent modifications such as "thinking" and I think it would get a ton of use.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I noticed on twitter / the live stream about changes to twitch. There is some kind of thing where you can pay for more exposure? Not only is this inherently greedy, it's classist about up and coming streamers who are up and coming, buring them further into obscurity. You guys taking all the money ontop of that for this service is disgusting. Fix your algorithm instead of trying to line your pockets. Fix the hate raids on streamers of color. Actually implement something of meaning so that streamers can feel safe and not stressed about bots who spam slurs and…

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Obviously there will be an option to pick if u want a maximum amount of channel point sent in a day for the community challenge. But there should also be an option to be able to send an infinite amount. Only being able to send 2k channel points a stream just doesn’t make sense at all.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Many streamers have a feature where if you donate a certain amount of currency, whether that be bits or the local currency the streamer has setup on their streaming provider, your message will come up on stream and get read aloud by a voice that the streamer can customize. Because there is generally a minimum amount to get this text-to-speech feature (TTS), and it is a big moneymaker for some people, I don't know how many people would use this feature, but I think it would be a good idea to allow channel points to pay for TTS messages. I…

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. Being able to convert channel points into bits to use for that specific channel where you collected the channel points. Twitch can set an amount that would be beneficial to them and the Broadcaster.

2. Being able to use the channel points to subscribe to the channel. I mean we are there watching and supporting the broadcaster but it would bring in more viewers and watch time if the channel points actually mean something and is useful.

Example where channel points don't matter at all is at Maximilian_Dood's channel who is one of my favorite broadcasters. I have accrued so many…

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow streamers the opportunity to create a prediction that lasts for longer 30 minutes, perhaps tralling 45 minutes or 1 hour. Allow moderators to still set up predictions for 30 minutes whilst trialling it, so that it gives the broadcaster the extra choice if they wish. Many content creators like to give time for people to predict something, and longer predictions may keep viewer retention too.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Predictions  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Currently we need to upload 112x112, 56x56, and 28x28 icons when adding a custom icon to a channel point redemption. It's just a small hassle, especially for someone like me who's tinkering with channel point rewards constantly. The automatic resizing is already done for emotes - it would be nice to have it on these icons as well.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Some streamers use channel point queues as records of redemptions across many streams. Currently marking rewards as completed removes the redemption from the streamer's view permanently. Streamers should be able to view a history of completed channel point redemptions.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Evidently in trying to collect data on the optimal way to implement the Boost feature, there's a group of streamers that are getting the boosts and others that are not. This makes sense but to reduce bias, it may be needed to have a second part data collection where the group that did not get any boosts get the boosts instead, and compare the results from the two parts. This can help identify any biases, if any, and will be more fair (and thus reduce dissatisfaction of smaller streamers that we're seeing).

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. This entire idea of Boost this stream is amazing. As a content creator I am more than happy and ecstatic at the thought of maybe having this on my own channel. Although I see this tools usefulness in aiding smaller streamers grow I feel that certain criteria should be in place before becoming eligible to have access to a boost. For example: You can't get boosts on your channel unless you are an affiliate, You can't buy boosts in anyway shape or form for yourself and you can't get boosted if you are a partner. I feel the most important…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Make it so there’s an option to remove prediction, so we can rechoose, I did not realize it’s one or the other, not both.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Predictions  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?