Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Channel Points

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Channel Points

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. Channel Points...I love them already. I do. I'm using them as I'm typing here. One great idea though imo...I really would like it even better if Twitch gave us a bunch of random icons to choose from to use with each custom reward we have. I don't have any custom icons and as a gamer, streamer, and upcoming holiday lover, I don't know about you but, I don't have the money to pay for a bunch of icons at different resolutions to be honest lol. I KNOW alot of streamers will love to have this option as well. My first…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Right now, you are only able to create up to 50 channel point rewards per channel, which sounds like a lot, but it isn't. When thinking of people who use them as a fun way to interact with viewers, this puts a limit towards the creativity of that specific streamer. While using 3rd party apps and programs to manipulate and create really fun exp with Channel Points Rewards, you are able to do some amazing things that really give a personal face to your own stream! Would be awesome to be added with a group or folder kind of update…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Currently, you can only get 20 (10 on each side) top predictors.
    I collect statistics for each prediction and users can check how many points they spent and their total profit. This works fine, because on the channel on which i host my bot, about 40-80 people participate in bids, and the statistics show bets with a size of 1000+, but for larger channels this bot doesnt make sense, because even huge bets will have chances not to be included in the statistics.
    It would be great to have access to all the predictors, for example, you can arrange a…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Predictions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. This entire idea of Boost this stream is amazing. As a content creator I am more than happy and ecstatic at the thought of maybe having this on my own channel. Although I see this tools usefulness in aiding smaller streamers grow I feel that certain criteria should be in place before becoming eligible to have access to a boost. For example: You can't get boosts on your channel unless you are an affiliate, You can't buy boosts in anyway shape or form for yourself and you can't get boosted if you are a partner. I feel the most important…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Boost this stream  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Prior to channel points being a Twitch feature, many streamers decided to use their streaming provider to create a point system and create another source of entertainment on streams. I know that with Streamlabs points you can gamble your points which provides yet another way to entertain yourself on stream. In some streams you could actually type !gamble in chat and streamelements would then reply with a successful or failed gamble doubling or claiming the point amount you gambled, but this may not be viable because it could really clog up chat. I do wish however that there were some…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I think it would be nice if you could donate channel points between users, so you could unite a streamer's community more

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Show live via a Twitch Ambassador streamer or another Twitch official channel how this works.

If the boost system in any way can be used to over take those with a smaller audience, by having a 200+ viewer channel boost it's way in front of a 45 viewer channel, then there lies an issue.

I wanna see what it does before making assumptions if it's a positive feature or not; whether I want to support the feature or not. As of now, it seems fine but I would love a live feed demonstrating how it functions, and answers to questions…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Simply an option to Add Channel Points to followers

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I can't see any logic behind the order of my Channel points rewards. It's not ABC or ZYX or 0123 ... nothing like this. Please let us rearrange our rewards, so it's in the order we want to have it.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Moderators have access to view the reward requests view of the twitch streams they moderate for and accept or reject the reward redemption. Can broadcaster have more control over this capability?

While it is awesome our mods have the ability to do this, some moderators may exploit the ability to approve and reject requests, while rejection means the channel points go back to the person. For custom rewards this means they can keep accumulating points and redeeming them on custom rewards and then rejecting and giving themselves the points back.

As broadcasters, we do not have the ability to see…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. So I like the idea, but just a few tweaks. I like how the challenge can just pop up and we have a couple days to complete it, but upon completion can we save the boost for the future? I got the challenge on my "friday" so I felt compelled to make sure I completed it within the time frame forcing me to stream on my day off. I did complete it but then the boost happened right away. I would love to see it for the next stream where I can prepare for it, kind of like a front…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Boost this stream  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. It would be very helpful to know how many points my viewers have in my chat. Maybe as a sort of leaderboard so I can see who has the most points? This would definitely help me to judge how to price my rewards better, as I can see how many points people will have to spend on them!

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. For April Fool's several streamers added googly eyes to their emotes, when I first saw this I assumed it was an emote modification. This seems in line with other permanent modifications such as "thinking" and I think it would get a ton of use.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emote Modifiers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Hello!

I am developing an integration with the channel points redemption pubsub that allows viewers to interact with the streamer’s game. For example, they can set the character on fire, make them invisible, etc.

The issue I am running into is that there appears to be a hard cap of 25 custom rewards available per channel. This limits the number of unique interactions that can be redeemed via the interface. A possible workaround is to group multiple rewards together and perform levenshtein distance on user input. However, it would be desirable to set a unique cost, description, and image to…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. So I have a lot of points for a streamer I watch but can’t really do anything usefull with it. I think it would be great if it was not only possible to unlock an emote for 24 hours but if it was also possible to gift another viewer an emote for 24 hours using your channelpoints. I would love to see this feature added. It would really improve the interaction between viewers as well

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I miss predictions all the time because I am not looking at chat. It would be awesome if there was an option for there to be audio alerts for when predictions start.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Predictions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Currently we have built a game around channel points. The issue is there is no way to disable the "claiming" of channel points in chat. This makes chat spam like crazing.

Would love a way to hide the messages showing up, while still letting users claim them

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I wish you and the team would stop trying to push features like this. Instead of having a "boost" feature, why not work on a better way to make smaller content creators to be discovered?

Many have resulted in branching out to other social media and content creation platforms in order to funnel more viewers into twitch because of the over saturation of streams. Look at how addictive YouTube and Tik Tok are... Also look at how easy they are to just continuously browse and find new content. These are the things you should be focused on.

Honestly, Small streamers…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Like the new streaming platform Mixer and what they did with being able to donate Sparks to their favourite Partner streamer i think Twitch and Twitch Partners/Affiliates would benefit from having their community be able to donate their channel points to them. The current way the channel points work is cool but the ability to support the streamer more by donating channel points would be amazing!!!

Please comment what you think of this idea! :)

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Instead of only a limit per stream, allow channel point rewards to be redeemed per a time frame (every 15 mins,m, 30 mins, etc.)

-Aqajj

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?